The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

Even the mainstream press and Democrat operatives know the race is already over in Florida. Articles like this one, two weeks out, are devastating for Democrats all the way down the ballot. 

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-val-demings-marco-rubio-florida-congress-0375352324ffd10592b3428d8c8e751a

Edited by TeamAudra

34 of 67 Florida counties began in-person early vote today, including all of the big blue counties (Miami-Dade, Hillsborough, Palm Beach, Broward, Orange). Actually, I’m not sure Miami-Dade is a blue country anymore, and Hillsborough (Tampa) is looking like it could go red, as well. Maybe Orange too? We’ll see. Only Palm Beach and Broward appear to be out of reach, and even those will be much closer than usual. 

Here is the partisan breakdown of people who voted today so far: 53/31/16, R/D/I. 

Democrats came into today with only a 4 point partisan advantage from vote by mail. In-person early vote historically favors Republicans, and it gets even redder on Election Day. This has the potential to be a historic blowout. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vljDXB4r8YFNi6oWKdtEWkZ_lDEjM1BT/htmlview#

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RTV said:

It's good that DeSantis made that point. Did you watch the debate?

I watched it all. Crist never answered a single question, and told a steady stream of lies whenever he spoke. That’s what he did when he debated Nikki Fried, so I sort of expected that, but it was even worse this time. DeSantis didn’t really get down in the mud too often, because let’s face it…he doesn’t need to. He hit him pretty good a few times, and stayed on message. He did look annoyed a few times, but I’m sure everyone watching understood why. Crist is really greasy. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RTV said:

Crist surely realizes he has no chance. No one likes to lose, but dealing with the disappointment and humiliation of publicly losing by a landslide will probably be difficult.

I’m sure that concession phone call and speech will be difficult for him. It will be the end of Charlie’s career in elective office. 

Did you know he had to bus in members of the Broward teachers union, or he wouldn’t have had any supporters at the debate? He probably paid them, and he still couldn’t fill his allotted seats. 

• Thanks 1

Total Florida Republican ballots (mail ballots + in person early vote) will surpass Democrat ballots in the next day or two. It is currently only D+1.2%. Republicans have a whopping 20.9% lead with the in-person early ballots, after two days, and only 37 counties are voting in-person at this time.  I’m fairly confident both DeSantis and Rubio are already well ahead in the actual vote, when considering Indies and Dem crossovers. The odds of either Crist or Demings winning are literally zero. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Fetterman in the debate…I just watch a couple clips. 😬

He should have dropped out of the race along time ago. 

Yeah, it's obvious why Fetterman tried to delay or avoid debating Oz. I hope voters in Pennsylvania were paying attention.

• Like 1

This is what I like to see. These are small towns in rural MN, and those are good crowds. These areas are red AF, and it appears as though voters are engaged. Something could be brewing. I can feel the momentum. Charlie Crist couldn’t even get a crowd like that in Miami. 

Jensen was on with Laura Ingraham tonight. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bswanson said:

Dems in PA shpuld havereplaced Fetterman on the ticket if he is in poor heallth after the stroke 

Fetterman had a stroke on May 13, 2022. He was discharged from the hospital on May 22 after being fitted with a pacemaker and implanted defibrillator. Fetterman should have removed himself from the race to concentrate on his health and stroke recovery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bswanson said:

Dems in PA shpuld havereplaced Fetterman on the ticket if he is in poor heallth after the stroke 

Once Fetterman won the Democrat nomination, it was his decision to make. Remember, the primary took place AFTER he had the stroke. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1