The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

1 hour ago, bswanson said:

ok i knew he had the storke but really wasnt follwing when, yeah he should have stepped down.  PA really doesnt have a good choice now its him or a tv doctor. 

If you’re planning on voting, hopefully you’ll make the right choice. 👊

Reportedly 600,000 mail-in ballots were already cast in Pennsylvania before the debate took place. Considering Democrats tend to vote early more often than Republicans do, Fetterman's performance might not affect the election outcome much.

• Like 1

Hahaha…

Looks like 6 more counties started early voting in Florida today, and Republicans have widened their lead. R+26 today. This is unbelievable. 

EDIT: In the 6 new counties that started early voting today, it is R+42. :haha:

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Arizona local poll -- Kari Lake has a double-digit lead for Gov race but Blake Masters is trailing his Dem opponent by 2? That does not seem to make sense to me, that many Kari Lake voters are not voting for Blake Masters. We're talking 11% who's voting for Kari Lake is NOT voting for Blake Masters.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/2022-arizona-election-poll-lake-leads-governors-race-senate-race-tightens

GOV-POLL-oct-262022.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

FOX-10-insider-advantage-senate-race-pol

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, season1 said:

Arizona local poll -- Kari Lake has a double-digit lead for Gov race but Blake Masters is trailing his Dem opponent by 2? That does not seem to make sense to me, that many Kari Lake voters are not voting for Blake Masters. We're talking 11% who's voting for Kari Lake is NOT voting for Blake Masters.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/2022-arizona-election-poll-lake-leads-governors-race-senate-race-tightens

GOV-POLL-oct-262022.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

FOX-10-insider-advantage-senate-race-pol

It is hard to believe, but it might be the difference between facing an incumbent Senator and Katie Hobbs, who refuses to debate. I saw a brief interview of Katie a couple days ago. Yikes, she’s terrible. She couldn’t even answer whether she would comply with the CDC guideline of adding the COVID shot as a required vaccination to attend Arizona schools. She acted like she didn’t know anything about it. The correct answer is “no,” when you’re running for office in Arizona. It’s not hard. 

And I honestly don’t think Masters is a super strong candidate, although I do think he has a shot in a red tsunami. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It is hard to believe, but it might be the difference between facing an incumbent Senator and Katie Hobbs, who refuses to debate. I saw a brief interview of Katie a couple days ago. Yikes, she’s terrible. She couldn’t even answer whether she would comply with the CDC guideline of adding the COVID shot as a required vaccination to attend Arizona schools. She acted like she didn’t know anything about it. The correct answer is “no,” when you’re running for office in Arizona. It’s not hard. 

And I honestly don’t think Masters is a super strong candidate, although I do think he has a shot in a red tsunami. 

Incumbent candidates do have a bit of an advantage. The libertarian candidate with 6% support may have also cut into Masters' polling support.  11 days to go, I hope Kari Lake outperforms her polling numbers and have enough coattails to drag Blake Masters across the finish line.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, season1 said:

Incumbent candidates do have a bit of an advantage. The libertarian candidate with 6% support may have also cut into Masters' polling support.  11 days to go, I hope Kari Lake outperforms her polling numbers and have enough coattails to drag Blake Masters across the finish line.

Overall, the poll probably sucks. Lake most likely doesn’t have that big of a lead. 

Florida update. Republicans now have the lead in total ballots, and that lead is going to continue to expand every day with IPEV. These numbers are surreal, considering the last 3 Governor elections were decided by roughly 1% or less. Florida Democrats are about to get wiped out up and down the ballot, and they know it. 

Note: the 17 counties yet to begin IPEV are collectively very red. They will come on line over the next few days. Looking at those IPEV numbers, it’s hard to imagine it will get even more red on Election Day, but that’s what the data shows. A lot of Republicans don’t believe in mail or early voting, especially since Trump has repeatedly suggested voting on Election Day. That is obviously why mail voting favors Democrats. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

Elon Musk fired several top Twitter executives after officially taking control of the company Thursday evening. CEO Parag Agrawal; CFO Ned Segal; and head of legal policy, trust, and safety Vijaya Gadde were fired and shuttled from the building. Musk previously said he plans to cut Twitter's staffing from about 7,500 to around 2,000 employees.
Edited by RTV
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RTV said:
Elon Musk fired several top Twitter executives after officially taking control of the company Thursday evening. CEO Parag Agrawal; CFO Ned Segal; and head of legal policy, trust, and safety Vijaya Gadde were fired and shuttled from the building. Musk previously said he plans to cut Twitter's staffing from about 7,500 to around 2,000 employees.

Elon is crazy for paying that much, but I’m glad he did it. I noticed Trump hasn’t said anything about it, like he did a few months ago. I wonder if he still has an open invitation to come back. I don’t know whether any of you are on Truth Social, but that platform is not good. They still have a lot of work to do. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

On Monday, Time published a coordinated letter Twitter employees sent to Musk and Twitter's board after Musk disclosed to investors his layoff plans. The letter warned that "We, the workers at Twitter, will not be intimidated." The employees demanded respect, safety, protection, and dignity from "current and future leadership." The letter ended, "We demand to be treated with dignity, and to not be treated as mere pawns in a game played by billionaires."

The Time article states: It was unclear how many Twitter employees had signed the letter at the time of publication. "Signatures will not be made public unless we have critical mass," said a note sent to prospective signatories.

https://time.com/6224380/elon-musk-twitter-open-letter

Musk told employees at Twitter's HQ Wednesday that he isn't planning to lay off 75% of the staff, according to a Bloomberg report citing "people familiar with the matter."

11 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Elon is crazy for paying that much, but I’m glad he did it. I noticed Trump hasn’t said anything about it, like he did a few months ago. I wonder if he still has an open invitation to come back. I don’t know whether any of you are on Truth Social, but that platform is not good. They still have a lot of work to do. 

from the article:

"I am staying on Truth. I like it better. I like the way it works. I like Elon, but I'm staying on Truth," Trump told Fox News Digital.

In an exclusive interview with Fox News Digital Friday, Trump said, "I like Elon and I wish him a lot of luck. I hope he does well with it." Trump added, "I don't think Twitter can be successful without me."

Should Musk lift Trump's lifetime ban on Twitter, the former president's account would technically be active. Trump declined to comment on if he would ever use it again.

Earlier this month, Google added Truth Social to the Google Play store. When Truth Social was added to Google Play, it was the number one downloaded app in the store—ahead of TikTok, Amazon, WhatsApp and Instagram, and remained in that spot for nearly a week.

Last month, Samsung added the app to its Samsung Galaxy store, and earlier this year, Apple added Truth Social to its App Store. During its beta testing, and again when it opened to the public, Truth Social was also ranked #1 and the highest-ranking free app on the App Store in the United States.

Trump told Fox News Digital Friday, "If I choose to run, I will only use Truth. When I put out a Truth, it is all over the place. When I put a Truth out, it goes all over the place anyway. Everyone who is on Twitter and on all the other places, they all put it out anyway. I used to just put out public PR statements, and you know what, they were picked up."

Trump, in a Truth Social post early Friday, said: TRUTH SOCIAL has become somewhat of a phenomena. Last week it had bigger numbers than all other platforms, including TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and the rest. It also looks and works better to my eye. I am very happy that Twitter is now in sane hands, and will no longer be run by Radical Left Lunatics and Maniacs that truly hate our country. Twitter must now work hard to rid itself of all of the bots and fake accounts that have hurt it so badly. It will be much smaller, but better. I LOVE TRUTH!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-to-stay-on-his-truth-social-amid-elon-musk-twitter-takeover

Florida update. It’s now R+2.5 in total early voting ballots, despite a pretty good VBM day for Dems, and based on what I read in these tweets, it isn’t going to get better for the Democrats. Look at the VBM breakdown of the 14 counties who’ll start early voting over the weekend.  Those are going to be something like R+50, or better. Also… tomorrow is the last day to request a mail ballot. There are 9 more days of IPEV. Republicans are just going to keep running up the score. Meanwhile, the Crist campaign continues to wage a single issue campaign (abortion), since it has worked so well, up until this point. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Florida update. Republicans now has a 3.3% overall ballot advantage. In Miami-Dade county, Democrat ballots outnumber Republican ballots by only 3764, which means it’s definitely going red, and probably won’t be close  

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 2

Oh…DeSantis also did the coin toss at the Florida-Georgia game. This dude doesn’t mess around. :haha:

He just got done addressing a massive rally for Lee Zeldin on Long Island. No, not quite as big as a Trump rally, but there were several thousand people, and it was just announced yesterday.

BTW, I watched Zeldin on the live stream. He is fantastic on the stump. New York really needs him. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2