The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s happening….

uhEt9Qf.png

The line graph clearly shows the Republicans managed to claw their way out of a deep hole. But it's still 28 days until election day. Can they hold everything together that long and keep rising?

• Like 1

We all know Roger Stone is a psycho, but I wonder if he’ll still be welcome at Mar-A-Lago after this. 🤔 

Just to point out how gullible some people are….on Gab, he said  he was taking about Biden, and everyone who commented believes him. :haha:

—-

Ever notice that a very high percentage of people Trump hired, as President, ended up turning on him? I saw a detailed list recently, that didn’t even include some that I remembered. It is astounding. 

Edited by TeamAudra

It's frustrating when people vote in elections without bothering to find out anything about the candidates they're supporting. It's irresponsible.

excerpt from the article:

Another student who shared that she would be voting in the 2020 midterms immediately responded that she would be voting for "Beto." However, after being asked why, she could only respond with, "I love Beto. I don't know anything about politics, I'm sorry." When asked why she wouldn't be voting for current Texas Governor Greg Abbott since she was unaware of Beto's policy she shared, "It's cause a lot of my friends talk about Beto and how great he is and I agree with my friends ideals."

https://thepostmillennial.com/savanah-hernandez-reports-texas-students-love-beto-but-know-nothing-about-his-policies

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RTV said:

It's frustrating when people vote in elections without bothering to find out anything about the candidates they're supporting. It's irresponsible.

excerpt from the article:

Another student who shared that she would be voting in the 2020 midterms immediately responded that she would be voting for "Beto." However, after being asked why, she could only respond with, "I love Beto. I don't know anything about politics, I'm sorry." When asked why she wouldn't be voting for current Texas Governor Greg Abbott since she was unaware of Beto's policy she shared, "It's cause a lot of my friends talk about Beto and how great he is and I agree with my friends ideals."

https://thepostmillennial.com/savanah-hernandez-reports-texas-students-love-beto-but-know-nothing-about-his-policies

Most people aren't doing any research on candidates and they just support whoever the media or their friends support. That's why social media companies are busy silencing conservative and MAGA voices, to lessen their influence on low-info voters.

Speaking of "Beto", his campaign sent several texts to my TX phone* - offering to pay $250 if I talk to my friends about voting for him. I wonder if that student's friend got the $250 payoff from his campaign? 

*I don't live in TX but kept the number.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

What’s even more hilarious, is that’s probably the biggest crowd Charlie has drawn, and it wasn’t even his own event. 

Read the bio of the group. :haha:

k3NUkOj.png

20dWNgs.png

—-

The DeSantis photo is from a rally at The Villages today. He also had one in Broward County today that was so packed, people are reporting they couldn’t get in. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, RTV said:

The line graph clearly shows the Republicans managed to claw their way out of a deep hole. But it's still 28 days until election day. Can they hold everything together that long and keep rising?

Yes, it will keep rising. 

• Like 1

This is the Tyler Kistner ad I keep seeing. Focusing on Biden, Inflation and crime. 

Note: we don’t have the crime problem in CD2 that Minneapolis does, but a lot of us work in Mpls, have friends and family who live there, etc. It affects everyone in the metro area to some degree. 

Married white women are the true swing voters in this district. This ad is aimed at them. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, season1 said:

Speaking of "Beto", his campaign sent several texts to my TX phone* - offering to pay $250 if I talk to my friends about voting for him.

Interesting. I haven't heard of any campaigns in my state doing that.

Now that she works for the campaign, I’m sure she sees the internal polling. I’ve never seen her say stuff like this until recently, so it must be totally in the bag. A few days ago, she said the goal isn’t just to win, but to humiliate him so bad, he can’t run for office again. 

5czhr8W.png

o6yDP0x.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTV said:

Interesting. I haven't heard of any campaigns in my state doing that.

Probably looking for someone to do GOTV, like knock on doors but this time, they're also suggesting talking to friends and family. 

I don't have party affiliation but I still get campaign texts on my phone addressed to other people: GOP texts to some guy and Dem texts to some woman. I got tired of responding with "STOP" I just delete them right away.

Edited by season1

49 minutes ago, season1 said:

Probably looking for someone to do GOTV, like knock on doors but this time, they're also suggesting talking to friends and family. 

I don't have party affiliation but I still get campaign texts on my phone addressed to other people: GOP texts to some guy and Dem texts to some woman. I got tired of responding with "STOP" I just delete them right away.

Probably. All the campaign contacts can get a little annoying, but they'll slow down soon. 

• Like 1

So..you’re saying there’s a chance? If that’s accurate, it’s still tough, but doable. Pollsters have a tendency to underestimate Republican support in midterm elections. Turnout will decide this election. 

It’s 55/33 Walz among women, and 52/39 Jensen along men. WTF. 

https://www.minnpost.com/elections/2022/10/minnpost-poll-dfler-walz-has-slight-edge-over-gops-jensen-in-close-minnesota-governors-race/

SgZsOCd.png

Polls are moving in favor of Republicans all over. 

Meanwhile, we’ve had ONE Florida Governor poll in the last 4 weeks, and that was a DeSantis +11 poll from the end of September. They’re probably polling it, but don’t want to publish DeSantis with a huge lead.  

Edited by TeamAudra

The weed candidate in the MN02 race (Paula Overby) died on October 5th. Her name will remain on the ballot, since they were already printed. 

If these two polls are accurate, I’m cautiously optimistic. But like I said, Minnesota polls for midterms are usually shit. 

Edited by TeamAudra