The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

Less than 3 weeks ago, the Sanibel bridge was destroyed in 5 places. We’ve all see the photos. 

pzrS6aL.png

Today, it will re-open to the public at 11:00 AM. I still can’t wrap my brain around this amazing accomplishment. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Less than 3 weeks ago, the Sanibel bridge was destroyed in 5 places. We’ve all see the photos. 

pzrS6aL.png

Today, it will re-open to the public at 11:00 AM. I still can’t wrap my brain around this amazing accomplishment. 

Considering how long it usually takes to repair a bridge, it is amazing that FDoT managed to finish the task so quickly. Reopening the causeway to civilian traffic today was ahead of the original goal of October 31 and the updated schedules of October 24 and 21. It opened to emergency workers and power restoration crews on October 11. Before that, airlines, barges, and boats helped move equipment and personnel onto the barrier islands. Now people can more easily work on permanent bridge repairs—along with rebuilding businesses and homes. 

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

Oops, that red line is going in the wrong direction for Joe. 

s66bsG2.png

This ticked up a couple more tenths today. I suspect it’s actually a few points higher, because some of the polls factored in to this are garbage. 

9ZbAh3a.png

It seems like Democrats are circling the wagons, and Independents who were wavering are now moving back to the Republicans, less than 3 weeks from the elections. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RTV said:

Nearly three weeks to go, but it again looks like we may see the outcome that's historically expected in midterm elections.🤞

The Dems (or the left) are going to pull some last minute shenanigans in these last three weeks.

Edited by Gmm99

10 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

The Dems (or the left) are going to pull some last minute shenanigans in these last three weeks.

What could they do to reverse the tide this late in the game? Seems like they’ve already tried everything. People are already voting. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Some Arizona voters got a mail ballot with only federal races. As many as 6,000 voters may have been improperly flagged as lacking proof of citizenship documentation on file. The Secretary of State's Office says only about 1,000 of the 6,000 received a mail ballot without local races.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-arizona-donald-trump-voter-registration-9325df8defbd7e3f39c6d442f9e54cf1

4 hours ago, RTV said:

Some Arizona voters got a mail ballot with only federal races. As many as 6,000 voters may have been improperly flagged as lacking proof of citizenship documentation on file. The Secretary of State's Office says only about 1,000 of the 6,000 received a mail ballot without local races.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-arizona-donald-trump-voter-registration-9325df8defbd7e3f39c6d442f9e54cf1

To make matters worse, Katie Hobbs is the SOS. 

I know I took some shots at Lake during the primary. She totally deserved it, because she had some very cringe moments. Having said that, she has improved immensely over the past few months. I’m sure it helps that her opponent is absolutely terrible, but credit where credit is due.