The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

Trump-Backed Senate Candidates Are Struggling in Winnable Races (businessinsider.com)

"I think the Trumpsters are loud, and they think we're going back to Trump," the RNC member continued. "And I could be wrong, but my gut is that we need independent voters to win, and we're not going to get the independents if we run Trump people."

That bolded text right there is just reiterating my thoughts on "Trump-endorsed" candidates. I don't think independents gotten over their "Trump-fatigue" yet. Doesn't help that two (Walker and Oz) of the three mentioned in the article are piss-poor candidates from what I've heard.

Edited by Gmm99

—-

He was also on the right side on the vax for ages 0-5, as only about 2% of them have gotten it. He’s always one step ahead on this stuff, gets criticized, and ends up being right in the end. It has happened so many times I can’t even remember all of them off the top of my head. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Biden has COVID. 

At this point...I'm fairly certain that this is just Biden's stunt to get the American people worried about the virus again and forget about inflation, and other economic / social issues made worse by his administration. Because again, midterms.

2 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

At this point...I'm fairly certain that this is just Biden's stunt to get the American people worried about the virus again and forget about inflation, and other economic / social issues made worse by his administration. Because again, midterms.

That wouldn’t work unless he died from it, which he won’t. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

NY

Looks like NY has a primary. Biden won it last time. It was pretty late in the process, and the nomination had basically been decided by the point. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_New_York_Democratic_presidential_primary

Obviously, Trump won the Republican primary as the incumbent. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

WHO declares monkeypox outbreak to be public health emergency of international concern - ABC News (go.com)

Okay in all seriousness...do you know anyone -- not just your friends / family but those in social media, who actually got Monkeypox?

No. I also still have not known anyone personally who has died from covid. I talked to a guy last week who was intubated for 6 days (in NYC) in the early 2020. That’s as close as it gets. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Apparently, this is the #1 Facebook post in the world today, posted 10 hours ago by Breitbart. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here. 

LMT0Jfb.png

https://m.facebook.com/95475020353/posts/pfbid02RCt3ohz8BRkyZ5MCK9Zypatwe8a31z7nNbwd4sJYz89sxXfpZt2pxyotsZpBfXc3l/?d=n

——

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

😂 

YUgFpgz.png

——

Here’s the entire quote: 

“So here’s the thing – I thought Biden picking her at first was like the worst decision ever because she’s not great,” DeSantis said. “But she’s like the best impeachment insurance and 25th amendment insurance anyone could have. Because as bad as Biden is, even though he can barely read the teleprompter, and as much as people disapprove of him, nobody wants Harris, and so they’d much rather stick with Biden floundering around than actually turn the wheels of power over to somebody that clearly is in over her head.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/23/desantis-kamala-harris-the-best-impeachment-25th-amendment-insurance-biden-could-have/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0L3jKE815bbJDJ9_e63eoguwqrjc50oSEnnuNkFCt2IioM4fNN191OZ2o&fs=e&s=cl

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

No. I also still have not known anyone personally who has died from covid. I talked to a guy last week who was intubated for 6 days (in NYC) in the early 2020. That’s as close as it gets. 

I don't know anyone who has had monkeypox. Unfortunately, several family members (ages 65 and up) died of COVID-19 in 2020.