The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

44 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

How are the reactions to this? 

I don’t look at the comments, because they aren’t sorted. The most recent ones are at the top, and are almost all replies to other comments. It’s a shit show. 

Here’s Elon’s response. I don’t think anything significant will come of this, but Elon could buy and sell Trump a couple hundred times over. AT LEAST. Starting a pissing match with the world’s richest human doesn’t seem like a very good idea. 

7emhgIL.png

Gg5UvhX.png

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Reuters Poll show a slight increase in Biden's approval.

Biden approval rating rises modestly from record low -Reuters/Ipsos | Reuters

At the same time though (Or on the other hand):

Lawmakers call for Biden strategy change as polls show prez in dire straits (nypost.com)

And a recent 17-minute video analyzing GOP's action on abortion:

Also it seems that 538's generic ballot did not create a big effect post-Roe:

And if you think it does not get any worse for Biden when it comes to young Democrats...

Edited by Gmm99
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gmm99 said:

If they were both to run AND get the nomination for their respective party, how would the polls look like?

I don’t know about the polls, but I think DeSantis would destroy him everywhere except for the solidly blue states. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

How about a DeSantis/Youngkin ticket? 🤔 

Youngkin has only been Virginia's governor since January 15, so he doesn't have much of a track record yet. He seems to lean more moderate than DeSantis and to avoid saying things publicly that might cost him voter support. Case in point:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/politics/glenn-youngkin-donald-trump-2020-election/index.html

4 hours ago, RTV said:

Youngkin has only been Virginia's governor since January 15, so he doesn't have much of a track record yet. He seems to lean more moderate than DeSantis and to avoid saying things publicly that might cost him voter support. Case in point:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/politics/glenn-youngkin-donald-trump-2020-election/index.html

DeSantis wouldn’t answer those questions either, nor should he. He would pivot to the election integrity bill he just signed into law. In this case, Youngkin’s first mistake was to go on Face The Nation. Nobody watches those shows anymore, or even cares. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gmm99 said:

538's analysis:

Wow. Not good for Democrats. 

I like that Twitter account, but I’m having to supplement with this one, because they’ve stopped posting polls that might not be great news for Trump. I think that may be because Trump uses screenshots of that feed on Truth Social. 

They didn’t post either of these from Yesterday. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

A sign that I might be on to something here. 😆 

5LFcJOh.png

That ticket would make me run screaming for the hills.

If those two got to the point where they're in a position to actually be electable, I think there's a very good chance America's political climate would be unsafe for those like me in the LGBTQ+ community. Republicans are becoming bolder every day because they're seeing they have no real consequences for shitty behavior.

9 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

That ticket would make me run screaming for the hills.

If those two got to the point where they're in a position to actually be electable, I think there's a very good chance America's political climate would be unsafe for those like me in the LGBTQ+ community. Republicans are becoming bolder every day because they're seeing they have no real consequences for shitty behavior.

DeSantis has plenty of gay supporters, who don’t buy into all of that bullshit. Democrats have nothing else to run on. Good luck. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

DeSantis has plenty of gay supporters, who don’t buy into all of that bullshit. Democrats have nothing else to run on. Good luck. 

As much as I’d like you to be right that DeSantis isn’t a threat, precedent and current trends tell a different story.

America is headed in a scary direction for anyone who’s not white, male, and cishet. I’m not optimistic we’re going to be able to right that course for the foreseeable future if he gets into power.