The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

This article was posted 11 hours ago. 😕

"Donald Trump's social media company on Thursday disputed a report that the former president had left its board of directors, despite Florida state business records that suggest he did." 

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/07/trumps-truth-social-media-board

2 hours ago, RTV said:

This article was posted 11 hours ago. 😕

"Donald Trump's social media company on Thursday disputed a report that the former president had left its board of directors, despite Florida state business records that suggest he did." 

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/07/trumps-truth-social-media-board

All I can do is shake my head at this point. Is anyone honestly surprised? We’ll see how it shakes out, but this doesn’t bode well for the future of Truth Social. The clapping seals think it’s great, but the website is absolute garbage. They haven’t spent the money needed to get it up to a level needed to compete with Twitter, and I doubt they will now. 

https://fortune.com/2022/07/02/trump-social-media-firm-that-runs-truth-social-subpoenaed-by-feds-stock-regulators/

12 minutes ago, RTV said:

Democrats’ favorite issues: climate change, abortion and COVID are the bottom 3. Abortion took a jump, but some of may be conservatives, and others were going to vote Dem anyway. 🤷‍♂️ Next time they take this poll, I expect that one to drop down some. 

m1VVPVt.png

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Democrats’ favorite issues: climate change, abortion and COVID are the bottom 3. Abortion took a jump, but some of may be conservatives, and others were going to vote Dem anyway. 🤷‍♂️ Next time they take this poll, I expect that one to drop down some. 

m1VVPVt.png

The change in COVID-19, gun issues, and abortion is conspicuous. It's also notable that the top two weren't concerns in December 2020 before Biden assumed office. 

56 minutes ago, RTV said:

The change in COVID-19, gun issues, and abortion is conspicuous. It's also notable that the top two weren't concerns in December 2020 before Biden assumed office. 

News cycle Democrats. They’ve already forgotten about Ukraine, in favor of the shiny new objects (abortion and guns).  

Two big news:

Biden has signed an executive order for abortion:

https://abcn.ws/3uyZaj3

Also Elon Musk has walked away from the Twitter deal. Twitter to sue Musk.

Elon Musk says he is backing out of deal to buy Twitter (nbcnews.com)

Thoughts: This will help Biden's numbers a bit. However, if I am reading the article(s) correctly, the response seems to be rather mixed and underwhelming (not surprised) from the "pro-choice people."

For Elon though, I did expect him to walk out of the deal since we haven't heard much progress from it. The Twitter board wanting to sue him though is rather interesting.

Edited by Gmm99

Washington Examiner: Biden has yet another teleprompter fail

FOX: Biden has had more than a few instances in which he misunderstood the teleprompter’s speaker notes, or has gone off script, resulting in a number of gaffes and numerous walk backs by the White House.

Christina Pushaw is Gov. Ron DeSantis' press secretary.

Emilie Simons is the White House Assistant Press Secretary.

I don't blame the White House comms team since it's literally their job to pretend Joe Biden isn't senile but it's still funny when they try to claim we didn't all just hear him say "end of quote. repeat the line"

DS
Replying to
Edited by RTV

37 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He actually spent another 5 minutes taking apart Newsom. Gavin might as well stay home, if DeSantis is his opponent. He literally ended him right here. Full video is in this article. 

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/07/08/he-was-treating-them-like-peasants-desantis-hits-back-at-gavin-newsom-n481600

The writer wants to see the match-up and predicts "DeSantis would win."

6 minutes ago, RTV said:

The writer wants to see the match-up and predicts "DeSantis would win."

I mean…after watching that 5 minute takedown, that’s a safe bet. Trump, on the other hand, would have to defend praising Newsom for doing a good job (multiple times) during the early days of the pandemic, while he criticized Kemp for wanting to open back up. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Newsom’s California. 

Welp...looks like Cali is going to get screwed even more on November since Newsom is likely to be reelected Governor.

I am thinking that it would be a good idea for the DeSantis campaign to counter Newsom's advertisements with this.

Edited by Gmm99

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

This is brilliant. Someone made a rebuttal to Newsom’s Florida ad. 😂 

Oh, I see. This guy posted it 3 days ago. Now that Christina tweeted it, it has gone viral. Hopefully, they raise the money needed to put it on the air in Cali!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Oh, I see. This guy posted it 3 days ago. Now that Christina tweeted it, it has gone viral. Hopefully, they raise the money needed to put it on the air in Cali!

I saw Christina's tweet, but I didn't watch the video until you posted it here.

3 minutes ago, RTV said:

I saw Christina's tweet, but I didn't watch the video until you posted it here.

Almost 300K views in 3 hours, and the one she posted last night has 1.1 million. Mocking Newsom appears to be popular! He really deserves every bit of it, though. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1