The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

In 2020, drop boxes were allowed in all but ten states. If they are used in November, the drop boxes should be secure and monitored 24/7 by video cameras to hinder someone from tampering with the drop boxes or the ballots. Only authorized bipartisan election officials should empty the boxes and transport the ballots for counting.

https://thepostmillennial.com/wisconsin-supreme-court-bans-the-use-of-ballot-drop-boxes

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Interesting post. 🤔 

8greV5c.png

Yeah. It certainly sounds more like a 76-year-old who is still considering a run for the presidency in 2024 than one who has decided against running.

33 minutes ago, RTV said:

Yeah. It certainly sounds more like a 76-year-old who is still considering a run for the presidency in 2024 than one who has decided against running.

He’s worried age would be used against him. 

“Life begins at 80.” 

I honestly don’t think that post does him any good. 

Edited by TeamAudra

53 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He’s worried age would be used against him. 

“Life begins at 80.” 

I honestly don’t think that post does him any good. 

Yeah, I doubt anybody would agree with his statement that life begins at 80. 😛 Over the past 18 months, Biden has caused people to feel less confident about putting elderly politicians in key leadership roles. While Biden will be 80 in November and Trump recently turned 76, being over age 75 puts both at a disadvantage if capable younger candidates with name recognition run against them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Another new low. 

That’s an ugly chart. Where’s his floor…any guesses?

27Kj4nF.png

For the "Approve," I'm pretty sure somewhere in the 20s. 

Edited by Gmm99

45 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

For the "Approve," I'm pretty sure somewhere in the 20s. 

It seems like it’s heading in that direction, but many of these pollsters are still oversampling Democrats.  Should be no higher than low 30s right now. Once midterms are done, there will be a huge movement in his own party to get rid of him. They clearly realize he’s a huge liability. Problem is, Kamala’s numbers are just as bad. 

• Like 1

by Teny Sahakian:

Three people – a Black man, a trans woman and a homeless mother – all regret voting for Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election, each with unique reasoning.

In the video, two specifically say they would vote for Trump if he wins the Republican primary (although one of those states a preference for DeSantis). The third "won't be voting for Biden again."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/these-biden-voters-regret-2020-choice-18-months-presidency

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

Support for Biden shrinks as Democrats look for 2024 alternatives (nbcnews.com)

A NBC video to add on to that NY Times Poll:

Yeah...the Democrats' push to get Biden / Harris out is looking more likely. They ain't going to risk having them as nominees in the general ticket. For NY times especially, that is way too close between Biden and Trump (if both actually runs for a second term). 

Edited by Gmm99