The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Remember when Biden criticized Trump for banning flights from China? I believe he said it was “xenophobic.” 

"It is only morally right if we do it!!" <-- Mindset of the Biden administration.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Remember when Biden criticized Trump for banning flights from China? I believe he said it was “xenophobic.” 

Biden is racist and xenophobic. And anyone who voted for him are also racists and xenophobic. - Babylon Bee (maybe)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

More people WITH covid died in 2021 when 70% of Americans are vaccinated, than in 2020 when 0% is vaccinated. I wonder what changed that could possibly result in more deaths?

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

:haha:

It’s accurate, though!

Ahhh, the good old days!

Also, I spent most of the week rewatching the X Files before my Hulu subscription expired. Same theme -- trust no one -- but especially trust no one in government.

And now I have to sign up for Hulu again cuz I didn't finish....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, season1 said:

More people WITH covid died in 2021 when 70% of Americans are vaccinated, than in 2020 when 0% is vaccinated. I wonder what changed that could possibly result in more deaths?

Part of the problem is that we don't really know the true numbers. When this whole thing started, hospitals, etc., were dumping almost all deaths under COVID, remember? Must've been some grant money involved 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, monkshood said:

Part of the problem is that we don't really know the true numbers. When this whole thing started, hospitals, etc., were dumping almost all deaths under COVID, remember? Must've been some grant money involved 🤔

Right. Deaths with covid, as opposed to deaths of covid. It is so easily transmissible, and at the time, hospitals didn’t know how to control it, so many close to death from other causes were bound to test positive. The numbers from 2020 were very likely inflated. I would guess that is less of a problem now, yet the reported covid death totals are still higher in 2021. 🤔 

• Like 1

Trump has been out bragging about the vaccine. I’ve seen a couple things very recently. Here’s one of them from last week. That’s an interesting strategy. 🤔 All you have to do is read the comments under this tweet to know it will go over like a lead balloon if he says this during the primaries (assuming he runs again). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Right. Deaths with covid, as opposed to deaths of covid. It is so easily transmissible, and at the time, hospitals didn’t know how to control it, so many close to death from other causes were bound to test positive. The numbers from 2020 were very likely inflated. I would guess that is less of a problem now, yet the reported covid death totals are still higher in 2021. 🤔 

but to be fair covid makes other underlying condtions worse, if it werent for covid maybe some that died from underlying conditions may have lived.  thats why they probalby count it as a covid death. 

Edited by bswanson

14 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Anyway…

If these early and tentative observations hold true, we may as well hope that it's more infectious than Delta and outcompetes it. A mutation that is highly infectious but not virulent (like a normal flu strain) has always been posited as an offramp from the pandemic.

I’ve had to educate some people over the last few days, who I thought would know better, about breakthrough cases. I don’t think they wanted to hear it, but they needed to hear it. They thought the vaccine made them bulletproof against hospitalization and death. Of course, I came armed with evidence. They get it now. The data is out there. I blame the Biden administration and the media for not giving people the facts. I guess that wouldn’t have fit in with the narrative that the summer surge in the South was the fault of the Republican Governors and unvaccinated people. 

1jpfHCt.png

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2