SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

Re: Billy, he had mono which is why he withdrew from S6.

I also remember Nigel dragging him through the mud for when he chose not to dance because of his injury that one week in S7, which I thought was really tacky considering he'd literally just lost two contestants in two consecutive weeks to injuries. 🙄 But you know, Nigel remains tasteless as well.

• Like 1

All the awful memories of the season 7 judging panel are coming back.

They  acted like Alex being injured was the end of the world and they responded to it in an extremely obnoxious way but Ashley’s injury the following week didn’t seem to be as big of a deal to them.

Edited by *Amanda

Judges Season 7:

Alex injured: OMGGGGGGGGG WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR

Ashley injured: Oh man, is she still here? lol not anymore

Billy injured: r u really injured tho

Also:

Jose dances: hahaha look at him go

Adechike breathes: will you please go die you thug

Kent smiles: ugh why do you smile it's disgusting

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

Judges Season 7:

Also:

Accurate :dead:

You know that the judging is awful when Cat has to jump in and defend a dancer because they’re being rude and ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Judges Season 7:

Also:

Or Nigel actually thinking How It Ends was about friends. :dead: 

2 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Accurate :dead:

You know that the judging is awful when Cat has to jump in and defend a dancer because they’re being rude and ridiculous.

And Mia trying to talk herself out of it only to make it even worse. :dead: 

MELISSA VELLA

Image result for melissa vella salcedo

Miss Lindsay Lobster-Claw herself. I honestly don't have very much recollection of Melissa's run on the show, especially when compared to the other girls who made Top 12 that season. I nominated her a couple times because I thought she might be easy fodder for the rankdown, but she has some fans here so maybe I never gave her a fair chance. Week one and two she danced Alex Da Silva stuff with Ryan, and now that I remember they were passable for a jazz and b-boy couple doing latin partner work. Week three she danced a Paso with Artem, and I thought it was good but the judges decided that they should hate on Melissa afterwards if I remember correctly. Not sure it was deserved. She was with Artem again the following week and then Jamile the week after that. I don't remember how they decided to choose partners each week but I do remember that I'm glad they changed it. Melissa was eliminated at Top 8 with Artem, leaving Melody, Ashle, and Kamilah as the Top 3 girls. I guess some people hate Melody on here but I thought the Top 3 girls were the right choice that season (and the Top 2, especially with the Ashle vs. Melody storyline from callback week). Anyway, Melissa helped launch SYTYCD as one of the originators.

I tried to find her on social media but I had no luck. This is the best I got: http://www.daindanceacademy.com/bio

"Melissa Vella Salcedo is a well-established professional dancer and choreographer. You know her best as one of the final four women in the first season of the hit reality show So You Think You Can Dance? Following her success with the show, she has become a sought after choreographer and teacher around the country. She has performed as a featured dancer in Toni Braxton’s National Libra Tour. She has also served as a choreographer for Jaxum Record Label; performed on “Ellen” the “big in ‘05” awards on VH1, and was a guest on the “T.V. Guide Channel” and “Good Day L.A.” A native of Springfield PA, she grew up training McHenry Dance Centre in Havertown, PA. under the direction of Dolores McHenry and Jamie Lee Dain, as well as studying at Point Park University."

Save Caitlynn S8

Edited by FrogLenzen

2 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Right? :dead:

At least she made Top 20 in version 2.0 ❤️ 

Yesss! :wub: 

I sacrificed all of my major favorites to secretly get Chelsie into last year's Top 20. :wub: :dead: 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Cutting Kayla because of Rei getting Teddy and Gino cut with his noms?

Cutting Kayla is a MAJOR extreme compared to Rei nominating Teddy & Gino (whom you don't love AS much) and Diana cutting..... Hannahlei. :dead: 

Melody Lacayanga

Melody Lacayanga is a contemporary dancer from season 1 who ended up as the runner-up of the very first season of the show. Melody had a very underwhelming run during her run and made it further than she should have done tbh. She did a total of 12 routines and 5 solos throughout her with only really four standouts along the way.   Even if I'm not fan of Melody she happens to be a part of my favorite disco ever and my favorite s1 routine with Knock on Wood. 

That routine for me is flawless and still to this day is one of my favorite routines ever. The other two routines that I really like from Melody's run are her Broadway with Nick and Lyrical with Blake.

Those three routines are really great specially the contemporary which is another of my top favorites from season 1. Having said that, everything else Melody this was just terrible. Her hip hop??? Awful. Her Foxtrot?? Terrible. Her solos??? Stop kicking yourself in the head please. 

I probably dislike Melody more than I should, but in a season with someone like Ashle slaying her entire run and still not getting the praise she deserves really left me bitter against Melody. But well oh well it is what it is 

Saving Anya Garnis

tumblr_n36sgq0Mpr1r5ct4oo8_250.gifv

8 hours ago, .Rei said:

Melody had a very underwhelming run during her run and made it further than she should have done tbh. She did a total of 12 routines and 5 solos throughout her with only really four standouts along the way. Having said that, everything else Melody this was just terrible. Her hip hop??? Awful. Her Foxtrot?? Terrible. Her solos??? Stop kicking yourself in the head please. I probably dislike Melody more than I should, but in a season with someone like Ashle slaying her entire run and still not getting the praise she deserves really left me bitter against Melody.

Taste. :wub:

Nominations:

Melanie Moore (S8)
Jess LeProtto (S8)
Nick Young (S8)

Nico Greetham (S10)
Alan Bersten (S10)

Makenzie Dustman (S10)

Jensen Arnold (S15)

Eliana Girard (S9)
Chehon Wespi-Tschopp (S9)

Jonathan Platero (S5)