6. Billy Bell (S7)
  7. Jessica Richens (S11)
  8. Kayla Radomski (S5)
  9. Karen Hauer (S6)
  10. Anya Garnis (S3)
  11. Caitlynn Lawson (S8)
  12. Chelsie Hightower (S4)

CHELSIE HIGHTOWER

While I wanted to go full petty after that last set of nominations and cuts/saves, I decided to hold off so I could cut Chelsie twice in this rankdown.

god is real GIF

Hopefully it's for good this time. 😘 So as I said previously, Chelsie Hightower came to us in season four, where she impressed the judges with her - according to them - versatility. Even if she wasn't really that versatile in that season, but go off, judges. She also ushered in the new shtick of a blonde female ballroom Utah teenager, which has been Nigel's favourite type of contestant to overrate year after year, season after season - even if they're shy of matching one of those adjectives. (Mollee Grey? Lindsay Arnold? Witney Carson? Jenna Johnson? Literally every ballroom female in season 11? Jensen Arnold?) Anyway, in a season where they were trying to pretend like Joshua and Katee were deserving of making it past the semi-finals, the judges kept lauding Chelsie Hightower as if she was the next best thing ever. Yeah, it's a no from me.

For her run in season four, Chelsie was partnered alongside Mark Kanemura, who I've also made no secret of not really being a big fan of either. Her run consisted of an amazing...ly bland contemporary to Beautiful, a decent Argentine Tango to Mi Confesión (but, again, she's a ballroom dancer, so not surprised), literally one of the most god-awful and overrated routines ever to Bleeding Love (a BBB girl from Utah dancing to Leona Lewis? Keep it.)  that the judges acted like it reinvented hip-hop, a basic jazz to Kiss Kiss and another boring Foxtrot to It's my Life (though I don't blame Chelsie for this, I don't just don't like Foxtrots in general). Fun fact: From Top 14 until her elimination at the Top 6, Chelsie danced a ballroom routine every week. What kind of Denys Drozdryuk rigga morris!? Their final week together saw them doing a salsa and a Broadway, both of which I thought were pretty mediocre.

In the top ten, Chelsie caused Gev to get eliminated was partnered with Gev. Together, they did a Sonya Tayeh contemporary routine and then a jive, her third consecutive week of dancing a ballroom and fourth of the season. For Top 8 week, she was partnered with Joshua Allen and I'm pretty sure I spent the entire night gagging. They did an Argentine Tango and a disco - neither of which I cared for, obviously, but I guess the tango was better since at least it was Chelsie's style. Her final week of the show saw Chelsie partnered with tWitch - they did a routine in her style, and a routine in his style. Since I like tWitch, I liked her hip-hop this week, but honestly, I spent that entire night wondering if we could just go from a Top 6 to just a Top 2 of Courtney Galiano and tWitch Boss. She was eliminated this week, apparently shockingly, though I thought it was a long-overdue elimination. But I still would've put her in the finale over Katee Shean because lol at Katee being there.

Post-SYTYCD, Chelsie went onto DWTS as pretty much every ballroom dancer from this show does. I never really cared for her on that show either, outside of Romeo... but that was mostly because of Tom Bergeron's Master P shade. I have no idea what she's doing nowadays. Chelsie is a popular dancer on here, as evidenced by her making the Top 20 in last year's rankdown, placing in the Master Top 40 and always overstaying her welcome in the previous years' BCE games (of which I need to revive this year's). I've never been a fan, and since someone wanted to nominate all bunch of mine and Andrew's faves this cycle, this cut's completely petty and was very easy for me to do.

SAVE: Ashlé Dawson

Edited by Elliott

Jessica Richens (Season 11)

OldIcyGrub-small.gif

tumblr_n84c7hsour1rver3co2_500.gif

9d223861ed766b56fb1f07423d797db9.gif

Jessica Richens is the worst. Well, almost the worst. Season 16 cast + Joshua Allen exist. That means Jessica R. is almost the worst ever.

Jessica Richens single-handedly made me hate Season 11. Jessica R. is the second contestant to ever suck the joy out of the entire SYTYCD experience. Melanie Moore is the first. There is just nothing positive to say about her time on the show. At all. Though at least Jessica can be praised for being the only contestant to make the finale based on her very first routine alone. "The Vow" is the actual reason why Jessica made the finals, which still blows my mind. That speaks volumes of how awfully Season 11 unfolded. Because after "The Vow," Jessica did not dance a watchable routine again until "Like Real People Do." West Coast Swing with Nick? Atrocious. Jazz with Stanley? Atrocious. Foxtrot with Marcquet? Atrocious.

So saving her come Top 14 still makes zero sense to me. "Like Real People Do" is not that great of a routine. Let's be honest. Just another well-danced run-of-the-mill Contemporary routine that is overrated because Nigel + co. drink the sweat that falls from Travis Walls's body.

Jessica danced the two worst routines of the season after advancing to the Top 10. First is that horrible, predatorial-rapey Jazz Hip-Hop with tWitch. The dance that separates her two atrocities from one another is the most mediocre Contemporary routine ever with Will on Michael Jackson Night. Then there is "Boneless." Jessica delivered the worst performance maybe ever on SYTYCD. It's so bad. The costumes. Her cheesy grin that is always plastered on her face no matter what the routine is about. YIKES.

Too bad Jessica advanced to the finals anyways. Funnily enough, I think she performed at her best on finale night. "Hernando's Hideaway," "F For You," and "When I Go" are good routines. Utterly forgettable and completely unremarkable routines, just like Jessica herself. But they are well-danced routines at least. Considering all of those routines are in her style, they should be at least well-danced. But she also forced us to sit through the worst Bollywood routine ever that very same night.

By the time of the finale, I truly disliked Jessica. Very few contestants have actually made me dislike them, but Jessica is such a bad contestant that is irrationally overrated. Jessica just fits the mold of the very contestant SYTYCD brainwashes people to like despite actually sucking, so people forgive her for producing horrible routines on a weekly basis. There is no way any one person can praise her for any routines other than her three notable Contemporary routines, two of which were slobbered over unnecessarily because Wonder Kid choreographed them. Anyways. 

Jessica R. made one All-Star appearance during Season 12, which was completely forgettable. SHOCKER. And most recently, she just finished touring with Lindsey Stirling.She is also about to get married to her long-term boyfriend. Good for her. She was the worst on SYTYCD.

SAVING: Lauren Froderman

On 1/5/2020 at 4:05 PM, *Diana said:

Karen Hauer

IPB Image

Ugh sorry Wallace I know you love her and I enjoy her a lot but considering my options I didn't really have much of a choice. To be honest I mostly know Karen from Sticky Come Dancing as a badazz pro on that show that has done amazing for herself. She has a lot of success that she should be proud of coming from this show. She didnt a good job i guess lasting till top 12 during season 6. Nothing I really remember but still she made it to top 12 so that's nice. Not too happy to make this cut as she's a favorite of mine outside the show but during the show I never remember stanning her so

Saving: Lauren Froderman

SAVING KAYLA RADOMSKI BUT THE WRITE UP I AM REUSING

Billy Bell

bell_billy.jpg

ParallelShrillCats-size_restricted.gif

Ugh I do believe Derek immune Billy Bell, so I do apologize for this cut but Billy is easily my least fave of the nominees and an easy cut choice as i love or really like the other nominees. Ugh. >.< Anywho, Billy Bell is a Contemporary dancer from Loxahatchee, Florida who was originally on Season 6 but something happened that cause him to have to drop out from that season, so he was able to be on Season 7.

Billy is a talented and really good dancer although i wasn’t a huge fan of his and preferred and connected with others during his season. Through his run on the show, Billy danced a Contemporary to “This Bitter EarthOn the Nature of Daylight” with Ade & Alex, a Broadway to “Footloose” with Lauren G (which was a fun and good routine), Krumping to “So U Think U Can Krump” with Comfort (which of course he was really bad in and Comfort slayed him in), a Contemporary to “Jar of Hearts” with Kathryn (which was very good and pretty), a Broadway to "Macavity: The Mystery Cat" with Katee (which was fine/decent but I didn’t really remember or care for this), an African Jazz to “The Hunt” with Jose (which was decent I think. He was much better than Jose of course), a Jive to “Paradise by the Dashbboard Light” with Anya (which Anya ate him alive in), a Jazz to “Boogie Shoes” with Lauren F (which was cute, fun and really good - but a routine I do find overrated like whoa on here), a Contemporary to “Mad World” with Ade (which was amazing and by far his standout dance) and a Bollywood to “Ganesh” with Robert (which I really liked and was a lot of fun).

I have not kept track with Billy’s dance career but he’s a talented dancer so I hope he’s keeping up with it. I’m sure someone can update me. I will post my favorite dances from him below.

Saving: Kamilah Barrett

SYTYCD_S1_-_Kamilah_Barrett.jpg

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

If Elliott cutting Chelsie twice, with the amount of Chelsie fans/stans on here isn't petty, then I wonder what he classifies as petty. :dead: 

Cutting Kayla because of Rei getting Teddy and Gino cut with his noms?