*Amanda

SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

Just now, Elliott said:

Save Evan

Cut Karla Garcia

Save Will Thomas

KARLA GARCIA

LMPqGaZQ_400x400.jpg

Karla Garcia was a contemporary dancer who placed fourteenth in season five. She was originally partnered with Jonathan Platero, and together they did a cha cha to Poker Face, a contemporary to Falling Slowly and a hip-hop to By My Side. They were safe after the contemporary, but in the bottom three for the other two routines. Karla was saved after By My Side; Jonathan was not. Anywhore, after that, she was partnered with Vitolio Jeune and the two were quickly bussed with a Quickstep that most notably featured a quick change. I wasn't really a fan of Karla in season five - in fact, I much would've preferred if Asuka and Jonathan were the new partnership for Top 16 week - but her first two routines with Jonathan were pretty good. Their hip-hop and her quickstep with Vitolio were a mess, though. I don't know what she's up to nowadays because I don't care, but I think she has a fan or two around who may be able to give us an update.

SAVE: Will Thomas

Lol Elliott would cut the only dancer I wanted to save. 😐 

Great moms though, Derek, as I wanted to cut like 3 or 4 of the dancers.

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lol Elliott would cut the only dancer I wanted to save. 😐 

I feel like this keeps happening. 😐:dead: 

Just now, .Rei said:

The lack of respect for JJ

None of us would cut JJ this early. You, Dee, Andrew and I are fans, and Wally won't cut anyone else when there are tappers in the nominations. :giggle:

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I feel like this keeps happening. 😐:dead: 

It does. 😢

Just now, Elliott said:

None of us would cut JJ this early. You, Dee, Andrew and I are fans, and Wally won't cut anyone else when there are tappers in the nominations. :giggle:

This is true. I'm not big on JJ (though I do like her), but there were like at least 4 others I would have wanted to cut before her. :haha: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

It does. 😢

This is true. I'm not big on JJ (though I do like her), but there were like at least 4 others I would have wanted to cut before her. :haha: 

Only 4???

Imma Head Out GIF by memecandy

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, .Rei said:

The lack of respect for JJ

I have nothing against JJ. I think she's a great dancer and has been working in the business non-stop. Didn't she appear on DWTS last season or something? She just never had a routine on the show that I really loved.

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

She just never had a routine on the show that I really loved.

28 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Cut Melinda

save Cyrus, I guess

Refresh.

27 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Save JJ 

cut Ryan

Refresh 

20 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Only 4???

Imma Head Out GIF by memecandy

Lol well that was a random number as it's probably more but I didn't keep track or remember all of the nominated names. She was probably my 3rd or 4th save choice though. :lmao: 

18 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I have nothing against JJ. I think she's a great dancer and has been working in the business non-stop. Didn't she appear on DWTS last season or something? She just never had a routine on the show that I really loved.

MTE with her. I know a lot of love for her comes from outside of the show which I'm not too familiar but her as a contestant, I'm in the minority. I do think she's likable and talented.

Melinda Sullivan

Melinda-Sullivan.jpg

DefenselessFarArcticseal-max-1mb.gif

Omgg well finally I get to eliminate Melinda Sullivan from this game which seems to have taken forever. :lmao: Now with most of these contestants, I only keep track of them on the show and well I was never a Melinda fan and I wasn’t really impressed by her. Actually I am sure she was a good tapper on the sow and provided some good tap solos, but I don’t really remember solos that much unless from certain dancers or solos I really love. Melinda danced an All girls Broadway routine to "There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This" with Alexie, Lauren G and Allison, a Jive to “L-O-V-E” with Pasha, a Contemporary to “Squander” with Ade and a Salsa to “Magdalena, Mi Amor (Quimara)” with Pasha. I am sure I liked her Broadway solely because of Allison and Lauren G. Of her competitive routines her Latin dances were really bad and she had an okay but forgettable Contemporary so that was her best dance by default.

Melinda did come back as an All-Star on Season 10 and danced a Tap routine to “When I Was Your Man” with Aaron Turner, which was really good and far better than anything she did as a contestant. I know she’s doing well with her dance career - so much so that she has her own wikipedia page. She’s been a dancer on work such as La La Land, Glee  and How to Rock, was a guest performer on DWTS (which i don’t remember). So I’m happy for her keeping on working with dance and doing what she loves. :yes:

I’ll post her Tap routine with Aaron as that was my favorite dance she’s done.

Saving: Cyrus “Glitch” Spencer

source.gif

15 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

MTE with her. I know a lot of love for her comes from outside of the show which I'm not too familiar but her as a contestant, I'm in the minority. I do think she's likable and talented.

just so you can see how amazing is she :wub: @*Wallace

also something to convince @*Diana :wub:

• Like 1

Wally not even acknowledging when Melinda came back and did a routine to Beyoncé. 

Ryan Conferido

Ryan Conferido holds the title of being the very first BBoy ever to appear on the show. Ryan was part of season 1 of the show where he ended up placing in the top 10. Ryan's run was very lackluster and besides two good routines, I didn't really care for him. Having said that I think he is very talented in his style and I think he's the best bboy from the members of Quest Crew that were on the show. Ryan started his journey with a mambo that was pretty great and it was actually his best performance

During the second week, Ryan was again paired with Melissa for a salsa that was good but not great. 

During the third week, Ryan danced a hip hop routine with Snow choreographer by Dan Karaty that wasn't really memorable.

During his last week of the competition, Ryan danced two routines with runner-up Melody. A extremely bland lyrical piece choreographed by Tovaris Wilson and terrible Foxtrot choreographer by Glenn Weiss. 

After these two terrible routines, both dancers found themselves in the bottom. Somehow Melody got saved but Ryan was cut and finished in the top 10.

Saving JJ 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5YnPCEHH6y/

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

I don't know what she's up to nowadays because I don't care, but I think she has a fan or two around who may be able to give us an update.

I wouldn't have cut Karla if I didn't have the Season 5-9 restriction. I liked some of her contemporary (first Stacey routine in US) and the quickstep and her blackbird solo. She is/was in Hamilton on Broadway.

29 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Melinda Sullivan

Melinda-Sullivan.jpg

30 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Cyrus “Glitch” Spencer

source.gif

Ugh it's honestly annoying how beautiful some people are but I swear that's not the reason I nominated them.

15 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I wouldn't have cut Karla if I didn't have the Season 5-9 restriction. I liked some of her contemporary (first Stacey routine in US) and the quickstep and her blackbird solo. She is/was in Hamilton on Broadway.

Ugh it's honestly annoying how beautiful some people are but I swear that's not the reason I nominated them.

Aww this is good to know. :( And yesss her Quickstep was good. Elliott needs to stop with the lies. (!)

Ooh yes I forgot to comment and mention how beautiful Melinda is. :yes:❤️ 

34 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Wally not even acknowledging when Melinda came back and did a routine to Beyoncé. 

96b9d52dc6c9b78d456ff37a6f4bece1.gif

me regarding Melinda.

40 minutes ago, .Rei said:

just so you can see how amazing is she :wub: @*Wallace

See I knew her best work would be stuff outside of the show. :dead: But yeah these were really good dances from her. I wish we got to see much more of her on the show as she was saddled with a lot of blah/meh routines and choreo. :( 

4 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

Who is left?

Jonathan Platero
Maksim "Max" Kapitannikov
George Lawrence, Jr.

Emily James

Robert Green

Evan DeBenedetto