Which artist will win season 17?

CandiceFan12

Which artist will win this season?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which artist will win this season?

• Jake Hoot
    • Kyndal Inskeep
    • Marybeth Byrd
    • Gracee Shriver
    • Ricky Duran
    • Joana Martinez
    • Jake HaldenVang
    • Rose Short
    • Hello Sunday
    • Will Breman
    • Kat Hammock
    • Katie Kadan
    • Other (explain)
  2. 2. Who will receive the most Apple Music bonuses?

• Jake Hoot
    • Kyndal Inskeep
    • Marybeth Byrd
    • Gracee Shriver
    • Ricky Duran
    • Joana Martinez
    • Jake HaldenVang
    • Rose Short
    • Hello Sunday
    • Will Breman
    • Kat Hammock
    • Katie Kadan
    • Other (explain)

Pains me to say this, but with the demo and history, I could see the Hoot winning this. He'll keep doing his operatic Americana/country style shtick, the grandmas and grandpas will love it, plus TPTB will pimp the sob story to death, and Minivan will tear up every week.

Also, because of his style and bc I don't think he'll get superchallenging songs, I suspect he'll be one of the few who won't bomb without autotune.

Sorry. :|

Pains me to say this, but with the demo and history, I could see the Hoot winning this. He'll keep doing his operatic Americana/country style shtick, the grandmas and grandpas will love it, plus TPTB will pimp the sob story to death, and Minivan will tear up every week.

Also, because of his style and bc I don't think he'll get superchallenging songs, I suspect he'll be one of the few who won't bomb without autotune.

Sad... but true.

People should NOT hate the outcome of the Hoot winning, especially when he deserves it. The last time we had a male winner was when Chris Blue won over Lauren Duski five seasons ago. We just had four consecutive female winners in a row.

Edited by CandiceFan12

People should NOT hate the outcome of the Hoot winning, especially when he deserves it. The last time we had a male winner was when Chris Blue won over Lauren Duski four season ago. We just had four consecutive female winners in a row.

I'd still hate it. sorry. :flowers: It's not like S16 when most of the cast was mediocre. This season has tons of talent who won't get a fighting chance bc of the demo.

People should NOT hate the outcome of the Hoot winning, especially when he deserves it. The last time we had a male winner was when Chris Blue won over Lauren Duski five seasons ago. We just had four consecutive female winners in a row.

Doesn't matter what gender, talent is talent.

If a male should win this season it should be Max, but other than that. The women are slaying this season and deserve to win.

Doesn't matter what gender, talent is talent.

If a male should win this season it should be Max, but other than that. The women are slaying this season and deserve to win.

Yeah, I was gonna add this is not about gender, especially since I've never been one of IDF's "Team Waffle only" stan lmao.

Regarding Gracee (whom I quite like even though country isn't my thing), am I the only one wondering whether country fans will just ding her just a little bit over all that Dixie Chicks fan-girling that went on during the Taylor mentor session? Or has the country contingent already forgiven the Dixie Chicks?

Let's just say if Ricky and Cali win the PV (entirely possible no?), and Blake chooses KAT instead of Gracee as his save ... does that mean Minivan will automatically switch en mass to Hoot on Team Kelly? Or will they be SPLIT between TB's remaining non-country singers, and Hoot and Marybeth? Or will country/Americana/alternative-pop hybrid Kyndal feasibly siphon off some Minivan votes? I know SHEFANI fans will vote for both TB and TG contestants. Are we perhaps underestimating the Blake/Gwen alliance?

Regarding Gracee (whom I quite like even though country isn't my thing), am I the only one wondering whether country fans will just ding her just a little bit over all that Dixie Chicks fan-girling that went on during the Taylor mentor session? Or has the country contingent already forgiven the Dixie Chicks?

Let's just say if Ricky and Cali win the PV (entirely possible no?), and Blake chooses KAT instead of Gracee as his save ... does that mean Minivan will automatically switch en mass to Hoot on Team Kelly? Or will they be SPLIT between TB's remaining non-country singers, and Hoot and Marybeth? Or will country/Americana/alternative-pop hybrid Kyndal feasibly siphon off some Minivan votes? I know SHEFANI fans will vote for both TB and TG contestants. Are we perhaps underestimating the Blake/Gwen alliance?

But season 12...

Although those could just be the God cards at work tbh.

But season 12...

Although those could just be the God cards at work tbh.

Season 12, I think the Gwen/Blake thing was still kind of new and many fans were skeptical, and there was also a massive Miranda Lambert fan backlash going on at the time (which seems to have dissipated somewhat). Contrary to common IDF belief, Gwen was actually "reasonably" popular with Voice fans prior to that season (she did get one-chair Jeffrey Austin into the finale in Season 9, which was a first at the time). Circa S11, I remember there being a Twitter poll about which alternate judge should return to the show, and she won the vote quite handily. Carson then declared her the winner of the fan vote when he announced her return for Season 12. Does anyone remember that too? Anyway, several things conspired to rob Team Gwen in Season 12 imo -- yes, the God card definitely, but Aliyah did already have some momentum going in to the semis, due to the crying incident, which was just one of those things you can't account for. Now, Brennley's song choice? Find it hard to believe that was a coach's selection, she would not have known that song. Maybe Blake's suggestion, or more likely the producers? And Hunter deciding to forego rearranging and producing his own version of a song, and performing it straight verbatim instead? I really feel TPTB did not want an Adam-less finale. And I got the sense that even Adam felt bad about it. Remember he wore a No Doubt tee to the finale, and made a point to mention that right at the start?

Anyway, some 3 years on though, SHEFANI seems to have grown much stronger from what I've seen on YT and social media. Still not sure how much of Minivan will vote for a Team Gwen contestant, but I guess we'll see. I do think a fair chunk of Minivan votes should be up for grabs should Gracee eventually fall by the wayside (I peg her as Top 10/Top 8 material at the very least though). Shouldn't also underestimate the voting bloc that crowned Maelyn over the country bunch last season. Part of that would have been Legend fans, but also actual regular music fans who simply vote for the best singer in their estimation regardless of affiliation.

Too soon to tell...but as a Gracee fan I'm not mad at the fact she won't be splitting the country vote from the Blakers. Seems like a big advantage to me. She's young, but experienced so if she performs well I think she'll be there at the end.

Im shocked at the amount of people that think Kyndal can win (not alone will win)...that is not the type of artist the Voice fans vote for...bound to end up like Darby Walker...

Kyndal has country chops though, Darby not so much. Yes, there's some indie/quirky girl common ground, but I feel they are way more different than similar. Kyndal's early influences, per her BA judging, are very Country-Rock/Americana... Bonnie Raitt, Crosby, Stills and Nash, etc. Anyway, have a listen:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0RQweAHzTS/?ig...d=11pnrs60nmske

And her battle:

Ly5edoTyXqg

Kyndal girl I am so sorry for this comparison.

RT

-------------------

Gotta say I'm a little flummoxed by all the Gracee votes. I'm so used to IDF hard hating on country artists. The guys more that the girls but still..

RT

-------------------

Gotta say I'm a little flummoxed by all the Gracee votes. I'm so used to IDF hard hating on country artists. The guys more that the girls but still..

While I think Gracee is fairly liked on here, I’m pretty sure she’s leading just because she’s Blake’s sole country, and we know his fanbase will likely gravitate to her giving her a solid chance at winning.