The CBS RTV Rankdown

Alex95

Keith and Whitney

ar25_cast_keith_whitney.jpg

I’m deciding to cut Keith and Whitney here as from everything I’ve seen I don’t think they seem like a particularly memorable pairing who warrant a spot in the top 100. They were a couple who went straight from one reality show to another pretty much, originally meeting on Survivor South Pacific. They didn’t last long on the race, having plenty arguments. Despite this they initially showed promise, even coming close to doing well on what turned out to be their final leg- finding themselves to have struggled with the detour in that leg, they ended up finishing in 8th place. I don’t think they seem like a pair who stands out really, obviously I’m speaking from little TAR experience but there are just other pairs who seem more entertaining/skilled. So yeah, sorry but time to cut them.

Save Taj

Edited by *Lily

Chase Rice

Chase Rice was the runner up on Survivor Nicaragua losing to Fabio of all people. Chase was actually my winner pick that season and I thought I was gonna get it right but for some reason the jury decided to reward Fabio instead who promptly wasted all of his money in 1 year on drugs and alcohol so that was a choice I guess. Chase is a country music singer who Survivor let perform a song at the reunion making him the first and one singer to get that opportunity. Chase is doing pretty well in the country music scene now so good for him on that. Using your 15 minutes of fame to propel your actual career is a very good idea and obviously he is doing way better than Fabio is so I guess he was the real winner of the season despite not getting the actual check. That's all I really gotta say about him so now out he goes from this rankdown.

Saving Monica & Joseph

CANDICE CODY

c6216a9a288aa884cdbec2b0b53d0bffa3216ad0

I like Candice a lot. I feel as if this is a great spot for her. The cuts are getting way too hard at this point! Candice Woodcock/Cody was a contestant on Survivor for 3 seasons, Cook Islands, Heroes vs Villains, and Blood vs Water. She finished 8th place, 8th place, and 16th place. Nothing too impressive but she's someone everyone would know and most people like. My favorite appearance of hers is in Heroes vs Villains where she appeared as a hero. She was fun to watch her. She wasnt that good in BVV as she was voted out pretty quickly and spent time on Redemption.

Jennifer Lyon

tcw0V.gif

I wasn't quite sure who to cut, but I ultimately settled on Jenn. Jenn was a castaway on Survivor: Palau and was a member of the extremely dominant Koror tribe that decimated the infamously bad Ulong tribe, which resulted in an absorption instead of the typical merge we get on Survivor. She was also a member of the Koror alliance, which was the dominant alliance of the season. Jenn was eliminated at the final 4 tribal council, where the vote was a tie between her and Ian and then she lost to Ian in the fire making tie-breaker. I'm struggling to remember Jenn's time on the show so I suppose I need to do a re-watch of Palau soon, but I remember her being a nice presence on the season. Jenn passed away from breast cancer in 2010, which is really heartbreaking. :( 

SAVING: Danni Boatwright

HOLLY HOFFMAN

image.jpeg.1173051b10d17f2c1ea97d41bf934de3.jpeg

I was going to cut Yau-Man, but I changed my mind since I think he’s worthy of making it further. Anyway, I do like Holly. She was one of my favorites from Survivor: Nicaragua. This season the tribes were divided by age, and Holly’s first long-term ally was Jane. She also bonded with Jimmy Johnson, and he convinced her to not quit the game in Day 5. She was struggling early on in the game, and there was also a moment she buried Dan’s shoes in the sand out of pettiness. However, she quickly felt guilty and confessed to Dan almost right away. Nonetheless, Holly got her head back in the game, and her gameplay turned around for the better after a tribe swap. She formed bonds with her new younger tribe members, notably Chase. At the merge, she identified Brenda as the one running an alliance and spearheaded a move to vote her out. Holly was in a good position for the remaining days, and she even voted out her ally Jane since she was a threat. Holly made smart decisions to make it to the end of the game, but her spot in the Final 3 was thwarted after Fabio won the last immunity challenge. Since her allies Chase and Sash saw her as a threat to win, they voted her out (and Holly likely would’ve won against them). At the end, Holly was one of the four jurors to vote for Chase to win the game. Holly is someone I would like to see play Survivor again, but I don’t know if we will. She was a rootworthy castaway, and kudos to her on making it this far in the rankdown.

And I’m saving Sugar.

Edited by Steven_

Aww Jenn. 😢 She was such a sweetheart, and I knew i would love her once i watched her season. Not a huge personality/character, but very sweet likable and had a great presence on her season - though it was def hard watching her on it. Fair spot for her to go in this game.

I really like Holly too but no complaints with her going right now. 

Ah I really like Jeremy and Yau-Man. Probably prefer Jeremy but am fine with whatever happens.

So I’ve been thinking about the Halting Hex, I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to QK for it to automatically be used against her if Victoria doesn’t use it. I’ll just amend the math as we go along depending on whose left after the cycle (especially since QK hasn’t been using his salvage passes either lol).

And fyi QK hasn’t said a word to me about the twist. No one has. I came to this decision on my own. I can’t be a stickler for my preplanned rules at all times! So all the twists are optional use. And if Victoria does want to use it against QK she’s more than able to still!

Yau-Man Chan

maxresdefault.jpg

I loved Yau-Man in Survivor Fiji when he originally played the game.  He was a breath of fresh air.  His alliance with Michelle and Earl was my favorite aspect of the early game.  Later on he gave Dreamz a car, and it wound up biting him at the end, as he got voted out just before the finale in 4th place.  Yau-Man is getting cut because he opposed Parvati in Micronesia.  Anyone, I mean anyone who goes after Parvati is subject to my wrath.   :haha:  That said Yau-Man aligned with Penner (gross), Ami and Eliza in Micronesia.  He ultimately went home in like 16th place or something when Cirie made the couple alliance vote him out.  Sorry Yau-Man, I choose to remember you for fiji!

Save: Jeremy Collins (who has not yet voted against parvati but I feel like it will happen soon!)

Edited by Solaris