Dee - 17/20
James - 17/20

MEGAN
Infernape
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Infernape is straight up my favorite starter Pokemon evolution and my second favorite Pokemon of all time. I know that people are tired of Fire/Fighting Pokemon (which my stance is WHY ISN’T EVERY POKEMON PART FIGHTING) but it’s a great type combination which blends the two types together effortlessly. While Infernape only has a 71 in both Special Defense and Defense, it has a 104 in both attacks and a 108 in speed. Additionally it has 6 resistances with only 4 weaknesses. It’s also able to learn STAB attacks that take advantage of both its high attack and special attack. While its fire/fighting compatriots Emboar and Blaziken might beat Infernape on both attack and special attack, Infernape roasts them both in regards to speed making it a Pokemon that is going to hit both hard and fast which is the reason that I rate it higher than both of them. 

It’s design is also just straight up one of the best Pokemon designs of all-time. You look at Infernape and you know exactly how it’s going to fight. It’s sleek and dynamic. It’s a Pokemon that really reflects the best in both fighting and fire design. It just has so much personality. Going from the very cute Chimchar to the very confident Infernape. It looks like it loves to fight. I’m not too verbose over my favorite Pokemon because I find it hard to articulate exactly why I love certain Pokemon, but Infernape just hits all the right buttons from its type combination and stats to its design.

NICO
8. Infernape
I feel I should tank it to allow my fave fire types a better shot, but I like it too much for that. Beyond Gen 3 delivering the god tier of starter pokemon (seriously, I don’t think any other generation has come close to all 3 being that good), the Infernape line is probably one of the best designed evolution lines in the game. From Chimchar, to Monferno, to Infernape, there isn’t a single weak link in there. Plus Infernape is a joy to use, made to be a great mixed attacker (even if it borders on being a glass cannon), and with a ton of move options to choose from. I’m hoping that being from a later generation hinders it enough that Arcanine/Houndoom get the win, but if it doesn’t happen, no hard feelings.

VICTORIA
Infernape

IPB Image

I wanted to cut this Pokémon too but I couldn't so it got saved. It's the final form of Chimchar which is enough reason for it to get cut. It just missed the top 10 because it's a Fire-type and I'm still holding out hope Charizard is the final Fire-type. I know it's not going to happen but I can dream. Infernape is a dual-type Fire/Fighting Pokémon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Monferno starting at level 36. It is the final form of Chimchar. It is known as the Flame Pokémon. Infernape appears in the background in the Kalos Pokémon League stage. It appears in the Blazing Chamber along with other Fire-type Pokémon, namely Tepig, Blaziken, and Pyroar. I don't care about this Pokémon so it can show up whenever.

REI

IPB Image

This placement really sucks cause Infernape did deserve to be in the top 10 at least. It is my favorite Pokemon from Gen 4. Along Typhlosion, it is the best final fire starter form. The Chimchar line is so perfect and only few starter lines can say that (Bulbasaur, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Chimchar, Rowlet and Sobble). From the fire/fighting type combination, Infernape is really ahead of Blaziken (who I like) and Emboar (who sucks). Chimchar is the only Gen IV starter that matters so whenever you do a replay of Diamond/Pearl just pick this little guy. As you know Chimchar will evolve into Monferno and then into Infernape, and while all three are great, Infernape is the best one. Infernape has one of the best design ever in Pokemon. Infernape looks like someone who could easily kick your ass but also be your best friend. Whenever you're cold you could just stand close to Infernape and the flame in his head could easily make you warm. Also is a freaking ape with flames, what's not to love? I was hoping that Infernape could place at least top 10 and be the final Gen IV pokemon standing, but some serious lack of taste was shown by the rankers who ranked it outside the top 10 so I guess in the future Infernape will be remembered by just me and Megan as one of the Pokemon that was severely robbed in the finals.
My ranking: 8/20

STEVEN
INFERNAPE
IPB Image

Infernape, classified as the Flame Pokémon, is a dual Fire and Fighting type introduced in Generation IV. Infernape is the final evolved form of Chimchar. Chimchar first evolves into Monferno at level 14, and then Monferno evolves into Infernape at level 36. Infernape is a primate-like Pokémon with a burning flame atop its head. According to its Pokédex entry, it it noted how Infernape is a master of a unique type of martial arts involving all its limbs. Its fire will also never go out. As for Pokémon battles, Infernape will be valuable to any trainer thanks to its versatility. Its stats are all-around fantastic, meaning you can make use out Attack or Special Attack. Its Speed is excellent, too. Chimchar was my Pokémon Diamond starter, so I have a bit of an attachment to Infernape. However, Gen IV isn't my favorite generation, so Infernape still gets a middle placement for me. But I still think Infernape is a cool Pokémon, and it's a welcome addition to this Top 20 we have here.

IPB Image

SOLA
Infernape:
So until Gen 8, I hadn’t been a fan of fire starters since the first generation. Infernape falls in the category of fire/fighting trio. It’s probably the best of the three, cut I don’t care for any of them. Infernape is the final evolution of Chimchar. He is equally good at physical attack as he is at special attacking, yet almost all of his abilities are physical. Be benefits from heaving hitting abilities like Flare blitz and Close Combat. Sure the recoil isn’t fun, but that STAB damage is. I don’t really have much more to say, congrats on getting it to the finals Megan!

DEE
#17. Infernape (Generation IV)

IPB Image

zrrXfq7pvfM

I chose that GIF because I feel like that will be Megan's reaction to how low I raked Infernape. LOL. There are a few reasons why Infernape actually did not rank lower than seventeenth. Sola being horrible to me this entire game. Generation III sucking. Scraggy being horribly designed like an uncircumcised penis. Anyways. Chimchar is probably the second worst starter ever. So naturally, Infernape is another Pokémon that I truly just do not care for in the slightest. The Flame Pokémon, Infernape is a dual-type Fire/Fighting Pokémon introduced to the series during Generation IV. Infernape is the final evolutionary form of Chimchar, evolving from Monferno starting at Level 36.

Infernape is just not as cool as Blaziken. That is how I feel. But let me actually attempt a full write-up out of my pure love for Megan.

The flame on Infernape's head is never extinguished. Infernape is a rapid fighter, practicing a martial arts style that involves the use of all his limbs. This allows for fiery punches and kicks. Revolutionary. It tosses enemies around with agility. Groundbreaking. Infernape has a fiery nature and will take on any opponent. Innovative.

Gender ratio is imbalanced, with more male species than female. Blaze is its starting ability and Iron Fist is its hidden ability. 11.9% Catch Rate. Medium slow Leveling Rate. Solid base stat total of 534, with Defense/Special Defense starting at 71 being the lowest stats. Six resistances to Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Ice, and Dark species. Four weaknesses to Flying, Ground, Water, and Psychic species. Good balance. Solid moveset. Close Combat, Mach Punch, Flare Blitz, Ember, and Taunt all can be learned at Level 1. Pretty good.

Infernape makes very few appearances in the anime, but is most notably seen in Fighting Ire with Fire!. There is just nothing interesting about a monkey using martial arts. Or combining martial arts with fire. Or anything about Infernape. Sorry Megan.

JAMES
017. INFERNAPE (#392)

IPB Image

No doubt Infernape is a badass. I'm glad it made it this far, as it's incredibly cool and a worthwhile choice to play with in the game! :wub: I have no petty reasons for ranking it this low, other than most of the lower half is due to a lack of attachment.

Infernape is the final evolution of Sinnoh's fire starter line, known as the "Flame Pokémon". It evolves from Monferno at Level 36, which evolves from Chimchar at Level 14. It is a dual-type Fire/Fighting combo. Many consider it one of the best Fire starters this far. :yes:

As you can surmise, neither Infernape nor Monferno can be located throughout the Sinnoh wild. You must select Chimchar from Professor Rowan's briefcase at Lake Verity (Diamond/Pearl) or Route 201 (Platinum). Otherwise, you'll have to have it traded in order to expand your Pokédex! B)

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! :wave:

IPB Image

Dee:

13. Krookodile

16. Piplup

17. Infernape

18. Milotic

19. Scraggy

20. Starmie

James:

02. Scraggy

04. Krookodile

17. Infernape

18. Piplup

19. Starmie

20. Milotic

Megan:

01. Infernape

15. Krookodile

17. Milotic

18. Scraggy

19. Piplup

20. Starmie

Nico:

08. Infernape

12. Milotic

14. Starmie

16. Piplup

17. Krookodile

18. Scraggy

Rei:

08. Infernape

09. Milotic

15. Starmie

17. Scraggy

19. Krookodile

20. Piplup

Sola:

03. Starmie

04. Piplup

06. Milotic

11. Krookodile

14. Infernape

17. Scraggy

Steven:

03. Milotic

12. Infernape

14. Krookodile

15. Scraggy

17. Piplup

19. Starmie

Victoria:

03. Piplup

11. Infernape

14. Milotic

15. Starmie

16. Scraggy

18. Krookodile

:dead: @ Dee for coming for Megan's #1 like that!

I love Megan and we have mutually agreed that Pokémon is finally the moment where we disagree in big ways. :dead:

I ranked Infernape three spots higher than I would have liked to just for her.