The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

Just now, Zoey0069 said:

eric andre mind blown GIF by The Eric Andre Show
I’ve got to remember information now? Someone better help me keep track since I can’t even tell the Trinity’s apart.

The rounds are back-to-back.

If you cut someone this time, you have to save them next time. 😘

You can't nominate the two queens that are saved in your first set of nominations.

• Thanks 1

@vee_ and @Deeee are responsible for the write-ups for Shannel (AS1) and Gia Gunn (S6).

Once they're posted, @FrogLenzen can post his second set of nominations. He cannot nominate Joslyn or BeBe (AS3). @Zoey0069 and @*Lily must cut two of them, while Dee and Vee must save two of them.

Yes I'm just now realizing this is just a more complicated way of doing a regular set of nominations, don't @ me

giphy.gif

GIA GUNN (S6) AND HER WONKY EYELASH

Gia entered the room looking like a messy tilapia! I knew I was gonna hate and love her at the same time the moment she started talking. She didn't like messy queens, cheap queens, and manly queens. In the first episode, they had that maxi challenge where they have to make an outfit inspired by a show. Gia got Keeping Up With The Kardashians and she did mediocre. For the next challenge, it was the Scream Queens one. Gia was Becky or Betty and was part of the 80s film one. Again, she did mediocre and Joslyn's counterpart character slayed and overshadowed Gia's. I think the runway was best drag? And Gia's best drag was a... choice. The next week, they did Shade: The Rusical. That episode is probably one of my favourite maxi challenges ever. Everyone expected Gia to flop but she actually overshadowed Darienne :lmao: Darienne blaming Gia for her floppage was stupid. Gia was not among the top but that's okay. This is the first time she actually did something better than mediocre I guess. It's still nothing special. Her best Tony Awards outfit wasn't anything again. Her looks weren't anything at all this season which was sad. Snatch Game was the next episode and Gia did Kim Kardashian and it was obvious that she was going to fail. I wonder what could've happened if she continued with her choice of Selena. She obviously  lands in the bottom with her sister Laganja and she was sent home.

Nobody liked Gia for her performance or her looks in the show. They loved her for her dumbness and her mean girl personality. She was one of the bigger personalities who created some drama in Untucked (with Milk and her pregnant Tony look). She also had good confessionals and iconic gifs.

6110264_orig.gif

tenor.gif

tumblr_n2qczquxGg1qasdemo4_250.gif

9292727_orig.gif

• Like 1

Shannel (All-Stars 1)

giphy.gif

SC16fZM.gif

ShockingHairyArgusfish-small.gif

tumblr_pl626902KA1xolxodo3_500.gifv

"Hello hello! What's up?"

Oh Shannel. The Showgirl Queen of Las Vegas. One-half of Team Shad.

Shannel definitely received all of the praise she felt she lacked during her time on Season 1 during her time on All-Stars 1. Shannel was paired with her long-time friend Chad Michael, and the pair basically demolished the competition. Team Shad fell in the bottom during the first week of the competition, which I disagreed with because Shannel served a WHOLE LOOK on the runway, equipped with her signature showgirl headpiece. Might be my favorite look of the season. Chad also delivered a really showgirl-esque look with a notable headpiece, which fit the Team Unity challenge. Sure, they did not deliver the best "Half-Baked" or "Opposites Attract" photos, but this entire challenge was completely stupid anyways. Shannel did not lip-sync though, and Chad won this for the team instead.

From this point forward though, Shannel (and Chad) slayed the competition, placing high the following week and winning three consecutive challenges from Weeks 3-5. There is no need to discuss the Gaff-In, but Shannel impersonated Lucille Ball, and the judges did not love it. Shannel provided a great '60s Glam look on the runway though. Team Shad rightfully placed high this week, though every team sucked because the Gaff-In sucked. 

Then the horrendous Queens Behaving Badly challenge happened the following week. Team Shad was deemed the only team to do well in the challenge. DUH. THE CHALLENGE SUCKED. Shannel worked the streets of Vegas, so of course she would carry the team to a victory in the worst challenge in RPDR history. Shannel provided a great look once again for the Bad Girl Chic runway. Then the atrocious All-Star Girl Groups challenge happened. Team Shad chose Jillian Hervey for the challenge, forming the girl group known as Savage Sisters. Savage Sisters performed "Glamazon" in front of a live audience, and were commender for the strong team look. However, they were also criticized for making Jillian the center of attention, which was the entire point of the challenge? Anyways. The Girl Group Superstars runway looks were great, and Team Shad won the challenge for the second consecutive week,.

By this point, Shannel was the clear runner-up to Chad Michaels, and was competing very well despite the limitations of such a horrible season. Team Shad would come out on top again for the third consecutive week after winning the Dynamic Drag Duos challenge. Shannel portrayed the supervillain to Chad's superhero, Fire Crotch. Shannel's secret identity runway look was very classical beauty drag, but nothing too special. I actually really loved her supervillain look, but she received some criticism for looking a little too S&M on the runway. I disagree. Her look was great. Team Shad's backstory was criticized, but they ultimately won the challenge and advanced to the finals.

During the finals, Shannel sort of came undone without Chad by her side and lost her spot in the top two to Raven. Shannel was criticized for her performance during the group interview, as the judges felt she talked too much and overshadowed the other queens. Kinda true, but not the worst critique to receive. Shannel did fine with her award acceptance at Hamburger Mary's, but she definitely had the weakest comedy performance of the night. Her comedy performance was really terrible, the whole thing fell flat and even offended the judges. Her finale runway look was wonderful and true to her character and showgirl style of drag. She received a lot of praise for this look. Despite her domination as part of Team Shad, Shannel was eliminated with Jujubee right before the final lip-sync for the crown. The judges did not assign a third or fourth position to the queens, but deliberations made it clear that Shannel was the third place queen. 

I think she probably deserved to be runner-up to Chad Michaels, but All-Stars 1 sucked and I could care less. At least Shannel had a solid showing.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

THERE ARE FOUR NOMINEES. HOW CAN WE BOTH SAVE TWO?! 

Just admit that this round makes no sense @Elliott :dead:

Two of them = two of the nominees must be saved by you and Vee.

So one a piece.

Not my fault you don't understand my wording after all these years.