The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

Plastique Tiara (Season 11)

tumblr_pq7445uRDF1w5ze0oo4_r1_250.gifv

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=13875952

BonyAntiqueFoal-size_restricted.gif

Look Queen. Fishiest of Fish. But there is so much more to the show than turning looks out and passing for a biological woman. 

I was so excited by Plastique Tiara entering the competition last season. Her stunning looks and relation to Alyssa Edwards made her an early favorite of mine, but that changed over the course of the season. I still really like Plastique Tiara a lot, but I do not think she was well-equipped to handle the humorous and performance related challenges of the show. So though she served me looks all season long, she also served me some pretty bad challenge performances.

Plastique slayed the Drag Race Legend Signature Looks challenge the first week, and I agreed with her placing high that first week. Even if her Runway Look was the same as her Entrance Look. LOL. She started off strongly, so my hopes for her success in the competition stayed alive. The following week saw Plastique perform on team "Why It Gotta Be Black, Panther?" Plastique played the role of Nails, a play on the stereotypical trope of a Vietnamese nail technician. Plastique was funny in the role and had some good lines, but definitely relied on a comfortable trope to carry her through the performance. I also loved her Zodiac Sign Runway Look. Her Aries look was definitely far better than the looks presented by Ariel and Kahanna. 

Plastique started to fall behind some of the other queens in the competition, namely Yvie Oddly, Brooke Lynn Hytes, A'Keria Chanel Davenport, Vanjie, and Shuga Cain. Diva Worship Live did not help her case, performing on the disastrously bad Team Mariah Carey. The worst team performance ever. Plastique delivered a solid, but safe Fringe Runway Look that week, This might be her weakest look of the season. Plastique landed in the bottom with the rest of her team, and had to perform in that messy ass six queen lip-sync. :dead:

Plastique rightfully survived her trip to the bottom. Trump: The Rusical saw Plastique fall to the background and deliver another completely safe performance as Melania Trump. Her Orange Alert Runway Look was beautiful, but only the fifth best of the week. Plastique placed safe again, and continued to slip in the competition imo. As much as I wanted to love her and see her succeed in the competition, Plastique seemed to be nothing more than a stunning look queen.

So no surprise that Plastique delivered three solid looks during the Monster Ball. Witch, Please! and MILF Eleganza were two particularly stunning looks that I really loved. Plastique placed high this week, which felt very deserved. The Draglympics. Team Plastique performed pretty poorly, though Plastique emerged as one of the stronger members of her team. So I guess that is a good thing? All That Glitters Runway Look was stunning though, but she had decent competition that week on the runway. So relying only on her looks felt insufficient by this point in the competition. 

Plastique had her major storyline moment the following week, revealing that her career as a drag queen is not very supported by her family and how unsupported she feels. This dramatic revelation prompted RuPaul to actually get emotional and supported Plastique by hugging her tightly and claiming to be her mother. This drove some of the other queens mad, particularly Ra'Jah O'Hara, who felt like she was being handed a moment to shine by RuPaul. Especially considering the guest appearance that week happened to be none other than Alyssa Edwards. To make matters worse, Plastique accidentally stole material for the challenge that week from Ra'Jah's work area. Plastique took a ton of heat during Untucked that week from Ra'Jah and A'Keria, but managed to come out on top that week with a win for her gorgeous Farm to Runway Look. 

I thought this edit and successful episode might imply that Plastique would start to excel in the competition...I was wrong. Snatch Game At Sea and L.A.D.P. proved how weak Plastique is at acting, improv, and comedy. Plastique decided to impersonate Lovely Mimi, which LOL. I cannot stand Lovely Mimi. But this is the second time Plastique relied on the Vietnamese nail technician stereotype in the competition, but this time she failed at making it funny. She was very lucky that Vanjie, Yvie, A'Keria, and Brooke Lynn all bombed at Snatch Game as well. With a solid and unique Sequins on the Runway Look, Plastique survived her poor performance during Snatch Game.

But she would not survive her L.A.D.P.! performance. That Catfight at the Liquor Store skit was really bad, and Plastique fell back on the Vietnamese accent again to try and save her. Despite her Face-Kini Realness look being gorgeous, Plastique fell in the bottom agains Vanjie for failing to perform well...at all. Vanjie definitely slayed Plastique in the lip-sync, and sent her packing in eighth place. This was very deserved, even if I was sad that Plastique did not live up to my expectations of her.

She returned during the makeover challenge, and provided the perfect canvas for Brooke Lynn Heights to win the challenge. I mean...it's not hard to transform Plastique into a beautiful woman. She practically is already.

I love Plastique, but this is a fair elimination. She failed at anything that was not a Look Challenge, and hardly provided any entertainment outside of the obnoxious WigGate!

The bitch is stunning though and the most stunning queen ever on the show imo.

SAVING: Tatianna (S2)

Alexis Michelle (S9)

tenor.gif?itemid=12251425Image result for tamar braxton why is she green

But wow, what a moment. I don't mind Alexis. I think she had a few hits and a lot of misses on her season. I wasn't sure if I was going to step in and make a cut here but I'm a big Chi Chi fan and I was hoping she'd get saved... therefore going to do it myself, and that means cutting Alexis. Alexis started off with some promise on Season 9, she had an amazing promo look and slowly but surely improved in the challenges, initially placing mostly safe and then having two excellent back-to-back performances, in the Kardashian rusical and the Snatch Game. The issue was, Alexis saved her looks for the promo and didn't really bring any of them to the actual Drag Race stage. Her faux fur look in particular was really what lost her the challenge because she and Shea were both amazing, but I think because of the characterization of Kris, Alexis would have had the edge had it not been for her super cheap look. Her Liza was perfect for Snatch Game as well. Very well-deserved win.

Unfortunately Alexis kinda peaked here... and she really went downhill afterwards. First, there was of course the roast episode, where she made lots of digs in the reading challenge and then was offended by people making jokes about her weight... girl have you ever seen the reading challenge? Of course, Alexis felt confident going into the roast, and bless her heart, she BOMBED it. Like.. I still don't know how she was able to do so bad. Between the green, and the fact that either jokes didn't land, or simply just didn't even make sense. Thankfully, Alexis was a good lip-syncer, and was able to redeem herself afterwards. From this point on it was kinda just downhill for Alexis. She famously took on the producer role in the pilot episode and was just lucky that Nina & Tina tanked even harder. Her makeover look was cheap and not good. And then came the ball, where she landed in the bottom 2 with Peppermint. Alexis put on another great show here but Peppermint absolutely stole the show and rightfully won the top 4 spot.

Alexis was entertaining at times, exhausting at other times, mostly a combination of the two. I don't mind her, I guess I wouldn't even hate to see her back again, but I have to save Chi Chi, here.

21 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Alexis Michelle (S9)

tenor.gif?itemid=12251425Image result for tamar braxton why is she green

But wow, what a moment. I don't mind Alexis. I think she had a few hits and a lot of misses on her season. I wasn't sure if I was going to step in and make a cut here but I'm a big Chi Chi fan and I was hoping she'd get saved... therefore going to do it myself, and that means cutting Alexis. Alexis started off with some promise on Season 9, she had an amazing promo look and slowly but surely improved in the challenges, initially placing mostly safe and then having two excellent back-to-back performances, in the Kardashian rusical and the Snatch Game. The issue was, Alexis saved her looks for the promo and didn't really bring any of them to the actual Drag Race stage. Her faux fur look in particular was really what lost her the challenge because she and Shea were both amazing, but I think because of the characterization of Kris, Alexis would have had the edge had it not been for her super cheap look. Her Liza was perfect for Snatch Game as well. Very well-deserved win.

Unfortunately Alexis kinda peaked here... and she really went downhill afterwards. First, there was of course the roast episode, where she made lots of digs in the reading challenge and then was offended by people making jokes about her weight... girl have you ever seen the reading challenge? Of course, Alexis felt confident going into the roast, and bless her heart, she BOMBED it. Like.. I still don't know how she was able to do so bad. Between the green, and the fact that either jokes didn't land, or simply just didn't even make sense. Thankfully, Alexis was a good lip-syncer, and was able to redeem herself afterwards. From this point on it was kinda just downhill for Alexis. She famously took on the producer role in the pilot episode and was just lucky that Nina & Tina tanked even harder. Her makeover look was cheap and not good. And then came the ball, where she landed in the bottom 2 with Peppermint. Alexis put on another great show here but Peppermint absolutely stole the show and rightfully won the top 4 spot.

Alexis was entertaining at times, exhausting at other times, mostly a combination of the two. I don't mind her, I guess I wouldn't even hate to see her back again, but I have to save Chi Chi, here.

Corona is coming for you. DIRECTLY FOR YOU! 

CYCLE SEVEN

nosey rupauls drag race GIF

For this cycle, you will each nominate four queens when it is your turn to nominate.

The remaining rankers can either cut a queen or save a queen, but they can not do both!

If the first two queens are saved, the remaining two are cut by default

and the two rankers are responsible for diving up their write-ups.

However, you will also nominate a second time

and the four rankers must do the opposite of what they did in your first set of nominations.

In addition, you can not nominate the surviving queens in your second set of nominations.

(Example:

Dee nominates Jaida Hall, Gigi Goode, Jan Sport and Widow Von'Du.

Derek and Lily are first to post that they are saving Widow and Jaida.

Vee and Zoey are then responsible for the write-ups for Jan and Gigi.

Dee then immediately nominates again, but he cannot nominate Widow or Jaida.

Derek and Lily must cut two queens this time around,

while Vee and Zoey must save two queens this time around.)

There is no requirement that saves are before cuts,

so if someone is nominated that you really want to cut,

you can be the first one to post and cut them.

RANDOM.ORG NOMINATION ORDER:

01/02. @FrogLenzen

03/04. @*Lily

05/06. @vee_

07/08. @Deeee

09/10. @Zoey0069

If there are any questions over this format, feel free to ask.

Otherwise, Derek is free to post his first set of nominations.

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

With 10 of its 15 queens cut, S11 currently sits as the season with the highest percentage of its cast eliminated at 66.67%.

Which says a lot since S1 only had 9 queens.

Well, S11 sucked. Not surprised tbh.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Well, S11 sucked. Not surprised tbh.

I liked it at first, but it definitely became a chore to once once we were two months into the season and were still at a Top 9 with no end in sight.

I'm glad they went with 12 queens this season and gave us two episodes to get to know them in groups of 7 and 5, though.

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

With 10 of its 15 queens cut, S11 currently sits as the season with the highest percentage of its cast eliminated at 66.67%.

Which says a lot since S1 only had 9 queens.

JK, I didn't go to f*cking school for match, etc.

UK1 has lost 70% of its cast.