The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

It took me a long time to get through All-Stars 4.  I am sure you can all figure out why.

1.  Trinity the Tuck (Taylor) - iconic.  I thought she should have won season 9, came back and proved why this season.  One of my favorite two season journeys.

2.  Manila Luzon - It took me two days to watch the last two episodes because of the friggery that results in her elimination.  LIVID.  Should have won/ben a joint winner.

3.  Monique Heart - the biggest surprise of the season for me.  She was basically a non-entity for me in season 10.  She came back and really impressed me.

4.  Naomi Small - I still like Naomi, I effing hated her decision to cut Manila though.  I almost tanked her final ranking for that.  But I am looking at her two season arc here.

5.  Monet X Change - We did not need a double winner to include her in the hall of fame.  I liked her in season 10.  I don't find she elevated her drag coming back though.  Most of her costumes still sort of sucked.  Worst winner in the hall of fame.  (Sorry not Sorry).  I still like her though.  Its tainted for me that Manila could have had that spot.

6.  Valentina - I loved the dleusion world she lives in.  I liked the rivalry with Farrah too.  Outside of that, sort of boring.  Club 96.

7.  Latrice Royale - I understand that she is a legend, but she consistently under performed this season.  Also annoyed she outlasted manila.  Honestly, I think she performed better in AS1 when Manila was carrying her, then she performed in AS4.  She was my #4 behind Manila, Trinity and Naomi coming into this season.

8.  Gia Gunn - should have returned to that competition after that killer lip sync of Adrenaline.  don't like her personality thoough.

9.  Farrah Moan - no thanks, i'm good.

10.  Jasmine Master - we did not need to see her return.

Best lip syncs:  I didn't really find any of these legendary, but there were some great ones.

1.  Adrenaline

2.  Fighter

3.  Emotion

4.  How Will I know

Only a couple seasons left and i am caught up I think.

Just now, Zoey0069 said:

But Monet slayed when it mattered and stole the final episode. :wub:

Monet is fine... but of the however many winners ive seen win this show she's the worst (besides Tyra as no one will usurp her).

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Monet is fine... but of the however many winners ive seen win this show she's the worst (besides Tyra as no one will usurp her).

Sasha. The queen only known for revealing roses and sleeping more than Jinkx on a season.

Edited by Zoey0069

1 minute ago, Zoey0069 said:

Sasha. The queen only known for revealing roses and sleeping more than Jinkx on a season.

Sasha is down there too for me.  I have said since I have seen the season Trinity/Shea should have been the Top 2.  But I did love her rose petal wig moment.

Edited by Solaris

11 minutes ago, Zoey0069 said:

The double winner was actually created as Trinity sucked in the final lip sync. Monet did THAT!

9 minutes ago, Zoey0069 said:

But Monet slayed when it mattered and stole the final episode. :wub:

This.

Monét's win was kind of blah because of her edit, but she bested Trinity in the finale fair and square. The tea in the spoiler groups from someone involved in editing was that production liked Trinity and wanted to give her a good edit as a compensation for having her win snatched at the last minute a la Shea, and instead they gave her too good of an edit.

10 minutes ago, Zoey0069 said:

Girl, bye.

Sasha won two challenges alongside Shea and was in the top group many other weeks. She had a solid run as a winner and the only reason her edit was so quiet was because the finale wasn't taped until there were only a couple of episodes left and it was too late to change her edit.

Just now, #jeah said:

Monique should have won AS4, I’m sure production was pissed they slept on her when the season aired and the fan support was so strong.

Monique was slept on from the very first episode of S10 to the finale of AS4.

29 minutes ago, Solaris said:

But I am looking at her two season arc here.

Annoying & overhyped but I guess deserving her spot in the finale to annoying & overhyped but not deserving her spot in the finale? :huh:

33 minutes ago, Elliott said:

This.

Monét's win was kind of blah because of her edit, but she bested Trinity in the finale fair and square. The tea in the spoiler groups from someone involved in editing was that production liked Trinity and wanted to give her a good edit as a compensation for having her win snatched at the last minute a la Shea, and instead they gave her too good of an edit.

So they retapped it to make Trinity win?I doubt that. Trinity was the rightful winner.

The winners announcements are filmed with all finalists. They choose the winner after the season then edit the chosen contestant in.

All the reveals are on YouTube. 

I’ve always remained pretty firm that Monique should have won AS4, or at least shared the win with Trinity if there had to be a double win. I really don’t think she had any slip-ups.

I like Monét well enough but I was underwhelmed by a fair bit of her AS4 run. My other ‘theory’ with All-Stars winners is that they like choosing queens who could be marketable to the mainstream..Alaska, Trixie and Monét seem like the sort of faces that VH1 would want to ‘promote’ if that makes sense? But then Trinity was also popular and had the best track record so would have caused uproar if she lost too lol. Just my opinion of course. :haha: