Mara Justine VS Nini Iris

MILO JAY

Vote!  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite! (so many good options...)

• Mara Justine - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
    • Nini Iris - I See Red
    • Mara Justine - Without You
    • Nini Iris - Karma Police
    • Mara Justine - You've Got The Love
    • Nini Iris - River
    • Mara Justine - Lose Control
    • Nini Iris - Lovesong
    • Mara Justine - Parachute
    • Nini Iris - No Time To Die
    • Mara Justine - Turning Tables
    • Nini Iris - Mad World
    • Mara Justine - Piece Of My Heart
  2. 2. Better Singer

3. 3. Favorite In General

Posted (edited)

I feel like these two were neck and neck in terms of who IDF (and America) liked better. Vote and rank their performances if you'd like!!

Edited by MILO JAY

Here is my ranking!

1  Nini - Karma Police

2  Nini - Lovesong

3  Mara - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

4  Mara - Lose Control

5  Nini - No Time To Die

6  Mara - Without You

7  Mara - Parachute

8  Mara - Piece Of My Heart

9  Mara - Turning Tables

10 Mara - You've Got The Love

11  Nini - I See Red

12  Nini - River

13  Nini - Mad World

I think Mara is a better singer, but I like Nini better in general! So hard to choose tho. Two of my favs recently, and my top two for season 24.

Favorite performance: Mad World

1. Nini - Mad World

2. Nini - No Time To Die

3. Nini - Lovesong

4. Nini - River

5. Nini - Karma Police

6. Nini - I See Red

7. Mara - Lose Control

8. Mara - Parachute

9. Mara - Piece Of My Heart

10. Mara - You've Got the Love

11. Mara - Without You

12. Mara - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

13. Mara - Turning Tables

Better singer: Nini. Mara was awesome too, just preferred Nini more slightly. 

Favorite in general: Nini

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not surprised this isn't close. Nini was basically THE IDF favourite of the season. 

I think Nini had the better prelives, but Mara had the better live performances.

As for better singer.. just based on what they've shown on The Voice.

No expert here but imo..Nini has the better mid to high belts, Mara the better lows. I'd also give Mara the slight edge with agility. Both can be imprecise at times but Mara typically does more intricate runs. Headvoice is close, hard to say since they both use it sparingly, but Nini's is a bit more clear. Versatility goes to Mara.

It's pretty much a wash for me, but if I had to choose, I'd say a very slight edge to Nini. 

Favourite performance and in general goes to Mara for me though.

Edited by Hsamid

I feel like people just respected Mara and had way fewer fans than Nini. I don't think it was close.

Personally I think her Semis was more vocally perfect, but "Lovesong" was more raw and enjoyed listening to that more.

Idk for yall, but I don't think it's close, Nini wins in a vocal matchup.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

feel like people just respected Mara and had way fewer fans than Nini. I don't think it was close.

Personally i don't only respect her. I genuinely loved her performances. Even her knockout which i considered not very good at first, has grown on me. The only performance i wasn't a big fan from her was her battle, but i wasn't a fan of Nini's battle either (Battles that season were tragic, the worst season for Battles like, ever).

With that said, i agree that Nini was better in the lives because, while "Lose Control" and "Parachute" were great, "Lovesong" and "No Time To Die" were absolute perfection. And Nini's knockout is an all-timer too. Mara was better in Playoffs, tho, but that's maybe just because i'm tired of the song "River"

• Like 2

I preferred Nini overall, but Mara became an absolute beast live, only exception was her Janis Joplin cover. Probably the most consistent contestant of the season alongside Huntley. 

She also owned that trio performance, easy MVP.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I feel like people just respected Mara and had way fewer fans than Nini. I don't think it was close.

Definitely. 

Personally I think her Semis was more vocally perfect, but "Lovesong" was more raw and enjoyed listening to that more.

I kinda wish nini went all in on the climax in her semifinal, or at least ended with a good sustained belt. She built it up beautifully and then it just... Ended with a short belt. Shame cause the rest of the performance is the best she's sounded imo.

Idk for yall, but I don't think it's close, Nini wins in a vocal matchup.

Idk. I thought so too at first, then I relistened to their trio performance. Mara wasn't overpowered in the slightest.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I preferred Nini overall, but Mara became an absolute beast live, only exception was her Janis Joplin cover. Probably the most consistent contestant of the season alongside Huntley. 

She also owned that trio performance, easy MVP.

Interesting because POMH was one of my favorites from her despite the overdone song. I thought Turning Tables was the significantly weak one.

• Like 3

I think Mara definitely was better than Nini in the trio performance. Nini is my favorite, but my issue with her is I feel like she never holds a belt. Like in Don't Blame Me, she skipped the main belt and did a run instead. Same with No Time To Die