Rumour: Insider spills Adele is down to takeover for Katy!

m1key

Posted (edited)

I’ve never heard of that website so it could be one of those clickbait sites, but I could see her being a judge. Yeah, she’s very well-known, but that’s what the show is looking for. The new judge isn’t gonna be some B-list star. They’ll shell out the money for someone they really want, just like they did with Katy. Even if they have to cut the budget somewhere else. 

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

yeah obviously it is a seemingly sketchy website and we shouldn't treat it as gospel lol, but i did see people discussing it on other pop culture sites and it's something interesting to potentially keep in the back of our minds.

Edited by m1key

Just now, m1key said:

yeah obviously it is a seemingly sketchy website and we shouldn't treat it as gospel lol, but i did see people discussing it on other sites and it's something interesting to potentially keep in the back of our minds.

I definitely think she’s a contender for the new judge. Jennifer Lopez is already confirmed to be out. Right now, I’m expecting it to be either Adele, Meghan Trainor, Miley Cyrus, or Shania Twain. Shania isn’t a hot commodity these days, sure, but most people know who she is. Who hasn’t heard “Man, I Feel Like A Woman?” lol 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Not y'all posting click bait articles. :dead:

i mean that's why i flagged it as a rumour twice + tips like these are never usually sent to major sites (at least from my experience with Dancing With The Stars celebrity rumours) :dead:

50 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Sorry, but ain't nothing stopping the meghan train!

I think Meghan desperately begging for Idol to choose her in the media shows that she's not their first choice.

I've always said that being an Idol judge is the highest-paying job relative to the actual work done, which is sitting on your ass for 1-2 days and talking a bit, and if this article is right about Adele trying to get pregnant, it lends credence to the idea that Adele is interested in replacing Katy.

was listening to the radio for the first time in forever today and before they played an Adele song, they mentioned the rumours of her replacing Katy 👀 it's definitely reaching an audience outside of the Idol fandom since i've now seen it discussed in multiple other communities

• Like 2

2 hours ago, m1key said:

was listening to the radio for the first time in forever today and before they played an Adele song, they mentioned the rumours of her replacing Katy 👀 it's definitely reaching an audience outside of the Idol fandom since i've now seen it discussed in multiple other communities

I wouldn’t mind seeing Adele replace Katy, as long as she’s willing to be at least somewhat critical.  I have no hope of Lionel being critical and Luke is almost never critical, especially of country singers.

• Like 2

Surely they’re about to close the deal on SOMEONE, Adele or not. We may not get the official announcement for a couple months but I’d imagine they’ve got the new judge picked out. Probably getting a contract worked out. Katy Perry and her whopping $25 million dollar salary was posted by TMZ on May 22nd, 2017. I remember Luke being next to be announced soon after. And then there were rumors that Lionel and Charlie Puth were in line for the next spot. Even talks about maybe having four judges. 

• Like 2