Rank the Top 5's of the ABC Era

m1key

Rank the Top 5's of the ABC Era  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favorite

• Season 16 (Maddie Poppe, Caleb Lee Hutchinson, Gabby Barrett, Cade Foehner, Michael J. Woodard)
    • Season 17 (Laine Hardy, Alejandro Aranda, Madison VanDenburg, Laci Kaye Booth, Wade Coda)
    • Season 18 (Just Sam, Arthur Gunn, Dillon James, Francisco Martin, Jonny West)
    • Season 19 (Chayce Beckham, Willie Spence, Grace Kinstler, Casey Bishop, Caleb Kennedy)
    • Season 20 (Noah Thompson, HunterGirl, Leah Marlene, Fritz Hager, Nicolina)
    • Season 21 (Iam Tongi, Megan Danielle, Colin Stough, Wé Ani, Zachariah Smith)
    • Season 22 (Abi Carter, Emmy Russell, Jack Blocker, Triston Harper, Will Moseley)

1. Season 19 (we were blessed with the Casey/Grace/Willie trio. i liked Chayce! even Caleb on occasion, prior to the scandal ofc.)

2. Season 20 (a very solid Top 5. Noah is the weakest link but he had some moments imo.)

3. Season 21 (Iam, Megan, and We carry! Zachariah was fun but predictable. Colin was bad.) 

4. Season 22 (i feel like how i rank this Top 5 will very much depend on who wins lol, but i'll put it here for now) 

5. Season 16 (Maddie 😍 Gabby and MJW had their highs and lows. not a fan of Cade and Caleb) 

6. Season 18 (tbh i like this Top 5 it's just hard to compare them to the others, who we had a full season of *real* performances from) 

7. Season 17 (a very bleh group for me tbh, besides Laci.) 

though how i rank these top 5's is definitely not equivalent to how i'd rank the seasons. 

1. AI19 (it was a top 4 but i actually liked all 4 of them even tho my least favorite of the 4 ended up winning)

2. AI20 (leah, fritz and nicolina carried so ofc they got 5th, 4th and 3rd LOL)

3. A21 (none of them were amazing but wé and iam were my two favs of the season and i liked megan’s voice. zachariah was goddamn awful and colin was bland asf tho)

4. A22 (it’s mainly this high because I think abi is the best contestant from the ABC era and I like jack a lot but tristan and emmy are a joke). 

5. AI16 (only liked maddie, my fav of the season, who i loved. enjoyed gabby sometimes and respected her talent. cade, caleb were the og emmy and triston, awful vocalists)

6. A18 (i don’t remember anything abt that season other than just sam - not even bc she was great but because i was shook a black girl won w no pimping)

7. A17 (laci was the only good artist in that bunch) 

Posted (edited)

Imo ai16 wins me soley cause the best contestant of the abc era won that season. Queen Maddie forever. I enjoy some of the others in that top 5 too

Edited by xfactor22

1.  Season 19 — although I didn’t have a favorite win that season, it probably had the best Top 4 — and Caleb.

2.  Season 21 — it had a male winner I liked.

3.  Season 18 — although it was a shortened season, the Top 5 were good enough to make it that far.

4.  Season 16 — had Maddie, Gabby and Michael.  Cade was good too.

5.  Season 22 — three of the people in this group are good enough.

6.  Season 20 — had Kennedi not withdrawn, I might have liked it more.

7.  Season 17 — bottom of the barrel thanks to Wade.

Posted (edited)

I only started fully watching S19 

1. S19

Man, what a ridiculously stacked top 5. Willie, Grace and Casey alone had better runs than most of these contestants. Chayce and Colin were pretty solid country singers as well.

2. S21.

Megan was the highlight for me. But Zachariah, Iam had really consistent runs. Wé though a bit inconsistent, was an absolute monster vocalist. Even Colin got better as the season progressed imo, though I think that's a bit unpopular here.

3. S20.

Leah might be my favourite ABC contestant. Her and Fritz carried this top 5 imo. Was never the biggest nicolina fan but she was really good, Noah Thompson was solid. Huntergirl was...eh. Replace her with Christian and I'd consider switching places with S21.

4. S21.

Will is the best male country singer since I've been watching ABC Idol. Jack is great. Not as high on Abi as everyone else but still really good. However triston/Emmy are the weakest contestants outside of maybe Huntergirl to finish top 5 in the ABC era. 

Edited by Hsamid

1. S20 - Liked four of the top five, and the only time on ABC Idol I would’ve been happy with any of the F3 winning.
2. S16 - A mix of happiness that Idol was back and enjoying some of the contestants.

3. S19 - Casey and Chayce are among my all-time favourites so I look back at it fondly, even if I didn’t enjoy the other three.

4. S17 - Boring season but I liked 3 of the Top 5 at the time lol.

5. S18 - Did well given the circumstances, but wasn’t really a fan of doing a Top 5 finale.

6. S21 - Hated the season and didn’t enjoy most of the Top 5.

I’d prefer to see how the next two weeks shake out to see if prefer last year’s Top 5, but I don’t see this year’s making it above S18.

1. Season 19

2. Season 20

3. Season 16

4. Season 21

5. Season 17

6. Season 18

7. Season 22 - There are 2 like, but wouldn't call myself a fan of.  The rest, blah.

1. S19

2. S17 (There were a lot of basic "viral" type people cast this season, and I unusually fell for it. Jeremiah should've been there tho)

3. S22

4. S20

5. S16

6. S21

7. S18

On 5/6/2024 at 12:05 AM, wildestinvegas said:

1. AI19 (it was a top 4 but i actually liked all 4 of them even tho my least favorite of the 4 ended up winning)

2. AI20 (leah, fritz and nicolina carried so ofc they got 5th, 4th and 3rd LOL)

3. A21 (none of them were amazing but wé and iam were my two favs of the season and i liked megan’s voice. zachariah was goddamn awful and colin was bland asf tho)

4. A22 (it’s mainly this high because I think abi is the best contestant from the ABC era and I like jack a lot but tristan and emmy are a joke). 

5. AI16 (only liked maddie, my fav of the season, who i loved. enjoyed gabby sometimes and respected her talent. cade, caleb were the og emmy and triston, awful vocalists)

6. A18 (i don’t remember anything abt that season other than just sam - not even bc she was great but because i was shook a black girl won w no pimping)

7. A17 (laci was the only good artist in that bunch) 

actually i'm updating this and switching AI21 and AI22. rewatched some of zachariah and colins performances bc i didn't remember too much abt their runs but they were awful.

2 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

actually i'm updating this and switching AI21 and AI22. rewatched some of zachariah and colins performances bc i didn't remember too much abt their runs but they were awful.

That's because you didn't watch DOMO, Wanted Dead or Alive, or the Cars one. Other than that...🤷‍♂️

Season 16 - didn't watch.

Season 17 - Only liked Laine and Alejandro. But I wasn't passionate about any of them. I haven't checked on them since that season. Jeremiah was my fav and I thought he was robbed.

Season 18 - Didn't watch, but saw some videos of Arthur Gunn online and I kinda liked him.

Season 19 - Only liked Casey and Willie. But again none of them were my snowflakes.

Season 20 - LOVED Leah. I liked Noah as well. Enjoyed some performances from Nicolina as well.

Season 21 - I really enjoyed Megan and Iam. Liked Wé as well.

Season 22 - Will is the only one I like here.

So... 20 > 21 > 22 > 19 > 17.