2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Diana’s Decision Next)

Alex95

Posted (edited)

TYLER NORRIS

BACHELOR IN PARADISE - SEASON 9 || QUIT IN WEEK 4

tyler-paradise.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1200

I was originally going to cut Huntley, but after further investigation, I noticed that he was the winner of the 24th season of The Voice and I enjoyed the performances I listened to, so this means I am cutting Tyler Norris. We were first introduced to Tyler on the 19th season of The Bachelorette, which featured Gabby Windey and Rachel Recchia as the leads. I do remember Tyler from that season, as he was somewhat of a fan favourite. It was no surprise that he ended up on Bachelor in Paradise's 8th season, which he ended up in a relationship with Brittany Galvin. However, the relationship was short-lived when Brittany broke up with him over FaceTime in July.  Interestingly, he returned for the 9th season of Bachelor in Paradise but quit in Week 4. It's unclear if this was due to a lack of connections, relationship already formed, or Rachel being on the island - it seems that it was due to a connection formed with Mercedes? Perhaps Wally can tell us what really went down. Now, he's out of the rankdown in his third appearance, which is probably his worst placement out of the three.

SAVING: HUNTLEY

Edited by *Chris
  • Thanks 1

Tyler was okay/fine on BIP though I liked and much preferred him on The Bachelorette. He was with Mercedes for the most part of the show, but he was pretty cold towards her and seemed not that into her.  So they just fizzled out. Then they talked that out, which eventually led to him quitting the show/leaving paradise, so that's why he left.

Definitely interesting how Aven and Tyler left back-to-back considering they were both pursuing Rachel on Bachelorette. :haha: 

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Zoey’s Noms Next)

@Zoey is up next to nominate from Dancing with the Stars (American Season 32), The Traitors (NZ Season 1), The Amazing Race Canada 9, RuPaul's Drag Race (Season 15), The Bachelorette (American Season 20), Top Chef: World All-Stars, The Challenge: Battle for a New Champion

Posted (edited)

Xochitl Gomez & Val Chmerkovskiy (DWTS)

Mira Sorvino & Gleb Savchenko (DWTS)

Julia Vahry (Traitors NZ)

Kings (Traitors NZ)

Malaysia Babydoll Foxx (RPDR)

Jax (RPDR)

Robin Fierce (RPDR)

Olivia Kaiser (The Challenge: BFANC)

Melissa Reeves (The Challenge: BFANC)

Big T (The Challenge: BFANC)

Jermaine & Justin (TAR Canada)

Derek & Jaspal (TAR Canada)

Gracie & Lily (TAR Canada)

Shayla & Joel (TAR Canada)

Tanner Courtad (Bachelorette)

Sean McLaughlin (Bachelorette)

Edited by Zoey

Gracie & Lily

Meet Gracie & Lily | The Amazing Race Canada S9

Nothing personal, Amazing Race Canada! A team of best friends, Gracie and Lily competed on Season 9. When asked what their team walk-on song would be, they opted for "Crazy Frog" by Crazy Frog which is an insane cut, but I kinda respect. Unlike my last cut from this season, Gracie & Lily's elimination seems like it might have been a bit of a shock? They were consistently doing pretty well in the race. Won one leg, two second places, weren't placing below fourth. I'm not sure where it all went wrong for them but that's a tough drop down to seventh. They seem sweet enough but I made a bit of a random pick and based on longevity it felt like a fair cut.

Save Malaysia Babydoll Foxx

Robin Fierce

JioxFNR.md.jpg

A reddit title explained it best. "Which queen got the most invisible edit on show and why is it Robin Fierce? "

Robin Fierce  was an the contestant of the fifteenth season of RuPaul's Drag Race. I saw Jax was nominated too but considering the wiki says Robin was eliminated by Jax I am going to guess this is a fair cut at this point.  Robin placed 12th place during the season. I am not sure why anyone was surprised by this cut, which people were? I don't know, to me, it doesn't seem like a big loss on the show or this rank down really.

Saving Xochitl & Val

• Haha 1

I was excited when they released the extended episodes and we were gonna get to see more Robin Fierce. And then it was kinda just apparent why they didn't show her in the first place.

Stunning queen but not really one for reality TV

• Like 1

Shayla & Joel (The Amazing Race Canada 9)

maxresdefault.jpg

Shayla Stonechild & Joel Oulette, better known as Shayla & Joel, are a team of siblings from Medicine Hat, Alberta, who competed on the 9th season of The Amazing Race. Shayla & Joel are a team of big sister and little brother as Shayla is 29 and Joel is 21. I was looking through the TARC teams track record and it looks like Shayla and Joel did the worst amongst the nominated teams? They did alright but not too great on their first two legs, where they finished 7th on both the first and second legs of the race. On leg 3, they ran their personal best leg finishing at 5th. While it looks like they were improving, things came to a stop there as they struggled on Leg 4 where they finished at 8th place. They only lasted 4 episodes. They seem like a cute and likable team. And a fun fact: I'm also seeing that Joel is an actor, who started as Jared in the drama series called, Trickster, which is cool to learn. 

Saving: Big T

giphy.gif

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Zoey’s Noms Posted)
5 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I was excited when they released the extended episodes and we were gonna get to see more Robin Fierce. And then it was kinda just apparent why they didn't show her in the first place.

Stunning queen but not really one for reality TV

Ahh this is all pretty much true regarding Robin. I remember looking forward to her but sadly she didn't bring much to the show. :( I can't remember any standout moments from her. I still liked her more than a few others but eh still not a favorite.

Mira Sorvino & Gleb Savchenko (DWTS)

Julia Vahry (Traitors NZ)

Kings (Traitors NZ)

Jax (RPDR)

Olivia Kaiser (The Challenge: BFANC)

Melissa Reeves (The Challenge: BFANC)

Jermaine & Justin (TAR Canada)

Derek & Jaspal (TAR Canada)

Tanner Courtad (Bachelorette)

Sean McLaughlin (Bachelorette)

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Gracie & Lily

Meet Gracie & Lily | The Amazing Race Canada S9

Nothing personal, Amazing Race Canada! A team of best friends, Gracie and Lily competed on Season 9. When asked what their team walk-on song would be, they opted for "Crazy Frog" by Crazy Frog which is an insane cut, but I kinda respect. Unlike my last cut from this season, Gracie & Lily's elimination seems like it might have been a bit of a shock? They were consistently doing pretty well in the race. Won one leg, two second places, weren't placing below fourth. I'm not sure where it all went wrong for them but that's a tough drop down to seventh. They seem sweet enough but I made a bit of a random pick and based on longevity it felt like a fair cut.

Save Malaysia Babydoll Foxx

Robbed. 

• Sad 1

DEREK & JASPAL

TAR CANADA - SEASON 9 || 6TH PLACE

1.%20Derek%20and%20Jaspal.png

I personally would have kept Gracie & Lily over either Jermaine & Justin or Derek & Jaspal, and I would be fine with either of these two teams getting cut from the rankdown. Originally, I was going to cut Jermaine & Justin over Derek & Jaspal, but I can't bring myself to do it because they're two fabulous drag queens who competed on Canada's Drag Race, and their run on TAR Canada was truly iconic - and messy - compared to Derek & Jaspal.

Hailing from Richmond, BC, Derek and Jaspal are high school friends turned YouTubers with over 2 million followers. They competed on the 9th season of The Amazing Race Canada, where they started as front runners by being consistent and finishing 3rd in the first episode. That consistency continued through the next few legs, finishing in the Top 3 until the 4th leg, where they remained calm and collected to get their first win. However, they returned to their comfortable spot during the 5th leg, finishing 3rd again.  When it seemed they were going to be one of the last teams standing, things started to go off the rails in the 6th leg. They were stuck on the Roadblock as one of the last two teams and arrived 2nd to last at the mat, only to find out they had to keep racing. Unfortunately, they couldn't catch up with the other teams when the race continued. They ended up helping Jermaine & Justin during the Adventure Water Park task, which might have cost them, as had they not assisted, they might have maintained a lead over Jermaine & Justin. But no, they decided to be nice - in a major turn of events compared to their persona in the first few episodes - and they ended up being neck and neck with Jermaine & Justin for most of the leg. It costed them when they decided to switch Detour which didn't help them get ahead of Jermaine & Justin. Following the detour,  they faced off Jermaine & Justin during the poker head-to-head challenge. And in that moment, they regretted helping them, earlier during the leg, when another gteam gave advice to Jermaine & Justin in hope that it would help them beat Derek & Jaspal, who were a stronger team. And just like that, a front-runner team ended up being eliminated on Leg 6/7, finishing in 6th place.

Anyway,  I have no issues with them being eliminated as I preferred other teams to them. While their goofball personality was too much at times, I did grow to like them near the end. However, I'd rather put my energy towards saving other teams, as I don't think anyone else is really going to come through with saving any of the TAR Canada teams besides myself.

SAVING: JERMAINE & JUSTIN

Sean McLaughlin

Sean McLaughlin

I found this photo on image search for google.  I don't think this is him.

MV5BY2VlYmY2MWItMTgwMC00ODNlLTljYjQtNzcy

This entry of Sean McLaughlin is from The Bachelorette season 20.  He also appeared on Bachelor in Paradise Season 9. I don't see him as an option for that show on the first page.  Anyway Sean is from the bachelor nation, I stopped keeping up with those shows a decade ago. Sean got dumped in Week 5 of the show.  There were 5 other guys left at the time of his elimination.  Things bachelor nation says about Sean: Sean is a terrible texter.  Sean like whole milk with his chocolate chip cookies and sean loves his hair.  Those facts make him sound kind of self absorbed and maybe he is.  He is also not in the rankdown anymore, so none of us have to care!

Save: Melissa Reeves