2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Chris & Diana's Noms Next)

Alex95

Forgot to comment on Karsyn. She was fine. I kinda liked her but wasn't that big on her and preferred some others that season. She did play the game well and got far enough to get 4th. I remember it took the cast forever to guess her relative which makes sense as that would be the same for me too. :haha: Good spot for her to get to this point of the game. LOL Lily's 20 years later comment where everyone is related to Nick Cannon. :dead: 

With Ash, I remember loving her when she did DWTS Australia a little back then. I think Season 15 in 2015?  Curious how she played as a traitor.

Aww I really liked Christie & Craig. Of the noms, definitely couldn't save her at this point. But I'm happy for them getting this far. ❤️ Christie was quite a stunning and lovely dancer and enjoyed all of her dances. She was in a more stacked group with Phil/Viriginia where they scored higher than here which was why she never topped the leaderboard. Although if she was in the other group, she would have topped the leaderboard every week.  :haha: Oooh and yeah when the show moved to Channel Seven, there were budget cuts which caused the change for a shorter pre-recorded season. Definitely a bummer as I would have loved to see them to a full season format, but at least this year's cast got to do a few more dances.

ANGELA SCANLON & CARLOS GU

p0ghq0k6.jpg

Angela Scanlon is an Irish television presenter an broadcaster for RTÉ and the BBC who competed on Strictly Come Dancing in 2023. She was partnered with Carlos Gu, who seems to be a new pro for the series. Angela was only Carlos's second partner since he's been part of SCD. Looking at their scores throughout the competition, it seems like they did pretty well. They improved in scores, but sometimes the scores were lower in certain weeks. It was a bit of a roller coaster, but they seem to be above average for the most part. Their best dance was in Week 9. They danced an Argentine Tango to Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black." They received an 8 and three 10s for that dance. That would be their penultimate week in the competition though. They were eliminated in sixth place the following week. And now out they go from the rankdown.

Saving Carolyn.

giphy.webp 

• Like 1

Claudia Campbell (Big Brother Canada)

Ellie Leach & Vito Coppola (Strictly Come Dancing)

Bobby Brazier & Dianne Buswell (Strictly Come Dancing)

Suzanne Jackson & Michael Danilczuk (Dancing with the Stars Ireland)

Phil Burton & Ash-Leigh Hunter (Dancing with the Stars Australia)

Emily Weir & Lyu Masuda (Dancing with the Stars Australia)

Paulini & Igor Ifliand (Dancing with the Stars Australia)

Claudia Campbell

BigBrotherJunkie👁 #BB26 on X: "Meet #BBCAN11 HM #2 Claudia Campbell Age:  25 Pronouns: She/Her Hometown: Kensington, P.E.I. Occupation: Marketing  Coordinator https://t.co/SbKBbcY5hu" / X

I guess it's time to find out who this is! Claudia is a marketing coordinator and the eventual runner-up on Big Brother Canada 11. She's had a good run in this game and been able to claw herself through a few rounds, I'm just less familiar with her than the others, and also Kuzie is the one person I kinda know from this season so I'd like to get her the win.

Claudia seemed to play a pretty good comp game, she won three HoHs during her time - including the final HoH of the season. She brought her showmance to the end, but he ended up beating her in an 8-1 vote. From memory of what I saw, he was a pretty divisive character... or maybe he was just unlikeable, I don't fully remember. Congrats Claudia on a decent run here.

Save Ellie & Vito

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Angela & Carlos! ❤️ Yeah their run was a bit all over the place, but it was kinda fascinating watch as you wouldn't know if Angela would just be underwhelming, good/decent or outstanding. :haha: I do wish her run was a bit more consistent. But I absolutely loved her Charleston and Argentine Tango... and both of those dances were fantastic. :wub: I especially did not expect that Argentine Tango out of her. :omg: Ooh and I was also kinda obsessed with their Jive too. Ooh and her Paso Doble was very good. I also wish she could have made it a little further to 4th on the series and over Nigel and Annabel, but I get how she got eliminated after Cha-Cha, which wasn't too good and was the weakest of the night. :broken: I'm pleased she got 4th for Strictly here. I'll post her AT as it was one of my favorites from that series.

I liked Claudia and found her adorable. I found her likable and rootable for the most part. She did really well in comps and I remember being happy for her when she won the comps she won. She was a little comp beast! ❤️ Loved her alliance with Shanaya and Renee. However, her showmance with Ty.... was interesting to say the least. It was more toxic than good/positive sadly. And then Claudia had a number of frustrating moments, like how Shanaya went out on her HoH week which was quite yikes. And then her taking Ty to the final 2 with her.  😐 I'm sure she could have won the game had she cut him at Final 3 but ah well. :( I still liked her despite frustrating times. :haha:

Less than an hour left
@jarmon @Zoey @*Diana

Bobby Brazier & Dianne Buswell (Strictly Come Dancing)

Suzanne Jackson & Michael Danilczuk (Dancing with the Stars Ireland)

Phil Burton & Ash-Leigh Hunter (Dancing with the Stars Australia)

Emily Weir & Lyu Masuda (Dancing with the Stars Australia)

Paulini & Igor Ifliand (Dancing with the Stars Australia)

Suzanne & Michael

DWTS: Suzanne eyes her rival for semi-final Sunday

So one of the smaller Dancing with the Star Franchises has to be the Irish edition.  Such a small country having its own is weird, and I would assume that it would just be part of Strictly.  Suzanne Jackson is a television presenter and business woman.  She participated on the 6th season of the show, and was partnered with Michael Danilczuk. Michael was a pro dancer on the Polish version of the show and made his first appearance on the show with Suzanne.  The couple did really well it looks like, and were tied for runner-up with Damien & Kylee and Brooke & Robert.  They had the third highest average of the season, topped the leader board in 3 of the episodes and had 3 perfect scores (two of which were in the finale).  I don't know that we needed the Irish edition included, but I understand the same can be said about the likes of Traitors Australia or Down Under's Drag Race.

Save:  Phil & Ash-Leigh

Edited by Solaris
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

you should do Emily's write up then too, since you just effectively cut her :P 

Yeah I could do both wriite-ups, esp if no one else wants to as I can do in depth write-ups for both.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Sola hates me confirmed. 😢 hahaha but no really, I get that it's getting crunch time at this point of the game. But phew I struggled hard on what to do here..

Meant to respond to this earlier, but no hate.  I also left your immunities Brooke & Robert off the nominations, and when I was nominating Love Island I left Justine alone.  So I am nominating shows I don't like (which happen to be shows you watch), but I have not gone for your favorites that you gave the immunities too.

Edited by Solaris

Paulini & Igor Ifliand (Dancing with the Stars Australia Season 20)

HERO-17.jpg

Paulini is a singer/songwriter, who competed on the 20th season of Dancing with the Stars Australia . Before that, many years ago in 2003, Paulini was a contestant on the first season of Australian Idol. I didn't properly watch that season live but I did check out some her performances and she was my favorite from what I've seen there.  20 years later, Paulini did compete on DWTS Australia with Igor Ifliand. Paulini did prove to be a really good dancer. Here is how her run went:

Week 1: Samba     to "Pon de Replay" by Rihanna, which scored 7/7/7/7 for a 28
Week 3: Foxtrot to "Beauty and the Beast" by Angela Lansbury, which scored a 7/8/7/8 for a 30
Week 5, Night 1: Jive to "2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)" by Lizzo, which scored 6/6/6/7 for a 25
Week 6: Freestyle to "24K Magic" by Bruno Mars, which scored 7/7/8/8/ for a 30.

Paulini did started off really strong with a hot fierce Samba that scored 28 points. This was the only time she topped the leaderboard. Paulini was also doing a musical theater production at this time, so she was really in her element with her Beauty and the Beast Foxtrot. This was graceful, elegant and one of her best dances. She did take a dip with her Jive. While I did think this was her weakest dance, I do think the 6s were a little harsh. 7s would have been just fine. She did land in the Bottom 4 and performed a Waltz to "At This Moment." Thankfully the judges saved her. Then she performed her "24K Magic" Freestyle, which was like a fun sassy Disco Cha-Cha type number. I thought this was really fun and entertaining. :bobo: I was surprised by the score and thought she deserved better. Sadly she had the lowest score of the night with that Freestyle. She did place in the joint 3rd to 6th place group. Of the Top 5 really good/great dancers of this season, I would say she was probably the weakest objectively behind - Emily, Phil, Christie and Virginia. But I did really like/love Paulini and was invested in her run. She was barely my 2nd favorite though again I know others were better but I am glad she made it to the final to do all of her assigned dances. I'll post her Samba below:

Saving: Bobby Brazier & Dianne Buswell 

dianne-and-obby-contemporary-ballroom-si

Emily Weir & Lyu Masuda (Dancing with the Stars Australia Season 20)

e379d35eb0a136b9b9239e5c10258ef44e63e02472908815-12269835-image-a-4_168862797374

Dang it, the one thing I was hoping for this round was to get a win for Emily & Lyu for DWTS Australia. 😢 I KNOW I could have saved Emily & Lyu. But I also couldn't really justify saving Emily to lose a strong Strictly or DWTS Ireland couple as they had longer more in depth runs. And plus I feel like those versions could do better than Australia, specifically Strictly couples could do better in this game as they are well known amongst the rankeres (and I don't want to lose Bobby/Dianne yet), sooo it's a sacrifice at this point. :broken: Sadly Emily & Lyu will have to settle for second like they did on the real show. But I'm happy she didn't get any lower. And I guess on the bright side, I can get the chance to praise, re-live and write about her journey on the show. 

Emily Weir is an actress, best known for starring in Home and Away. Emily competed on the 20th season of Dancing with the Stars Australia where she competed with Lyu Masuda. Emily was a really cute, sweet and bubbly celebrity and it was really fun to watch her on this season. Her run was a really fascinating one to watch, which I will get to and explain in a bit. I'll post her run below:

Week 1: Samba    to "Can't Touch It" by Ricki-Lee Coulter, which scored a 6/7/6/7 for a 26
Week 3: Contemporary to "Stayin' Alive" by Bee Gees, which scored a 10/10/10/10 for a 40
Week 5, Night 1: Quickstep to "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves, which scored 9/9/9/8 for a 35.
Week 6: Freestyle to "Spice Up Your Life" by Spice Girls, which scored 9/10/10/10 for a 39.

Emily literally opened the season with the first dance of the season with her Ricki-Lee Samba! Emily had the great performance skills and energy in this Samba. Her technique did let her down a bit and was a little messy. But she showed ambition and no signs of nerves. Then.... her Week 3 Contemporary happened and that was a major game changer! And oh yess, you are reading the song choice right... yes, she did dance a Contemporary to "Stayin' Alive" by Bee Gees. The version of the song was stripped down. This dance had the theme of a post apocalyptic world where Emily & Lyu were the only ones left in the world. This was intense, powerful and really ambitious. Lyu didn't hold back with the choreography and Emily gave it her absolute all dance-wise. She earned a perfect score. And I honestly thought this was the dance of the season. I hope I can find a clip of this from Youtube. 

Emily's next dance happened on Week 5, which was her Quickstep. This was a joyful, fun, happy and entertaining routine. It was a step down from her Contemporary, but she had much better ballroom technique with a good frame and quick footwork, which earned her a 35. This was the second time she topped the leaderboard from her group. She sailed through to the final. After that and once Emily got to the final, she performed her Freestyle to "Spice Up Your Life." This was a fun, fierce, hot and entertaining routine! It was primarily a Salsa routine but featured some other dance styles in it. Another one of her best dances that scored her a 39! :bobo: I was REALLY hoping for Emily to win the season or if not make it to the Top 2. But I didn't think she had a chance to make it to the Top 2, as it did seem like a Phil vs. Virigina season/Top 2. Virigina did falter a bit on her Freestyle while Emily nailed hers, so it got her to the Final 2. :wub: But then.... Australia being Australia, Phil Burton ended up winning. I didn't have a major issue with that as Phil was a great dancer and deserving winner - but it did feel a little predictable. If more IDFers watched DWTS Australia, I feel pretty confident that Emily would have been the IDF It Girl/favorite here and would have wanted her to win. The few of us that did watch this season did want Emily to win. :yes: I'm sad to have to cut Emily Weir's run at this point. But I'm happy to give her a great and in depth write-up and hopefully people enjoyed reading this. 

Ugh I can't find Emily's Freestyle on Youtube, which I wanted to post her. But I'll post her first two dances, her Samba and Contemporary. I'd recommend watching her Contemporary if you choose to do so.  

Ooh but wait! I did find their Freestyle via Facebook so check that out here: https://www.facebook.com/ninaferromusic/videos/had-sooooo-much-fun-with-this-spice-girls-track-spiceupyourlife-alright-jason-he/1006907300752756/

45 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Meant to respond to this earlier, but no hate.  I also left your immunities Brooke & Robert off the nominations, and when I was nominating Love Island I left Justine alone.  So I am nominating shows I don't like (which happen to be shows you watch), but I have not gone for your favorites that you gave the immunities too.

Ooh I understand. I was just in my feelings and being dramatic - I don't think you really hate me. :haha: I noticed that and appreciate you not nominating my immunities of Brooke & Robert and Justine though. Thank you for that.:hug: It's just tough when they are all nominated in the same round and I can't save multiple couples. Though at least I could do so this time around, at least. :haha: 

Paulini as part of the young divas and her journey on Australian idol are pure :wub:

I will forever remember this performance. The Top 8 night on Australian Idol is one of the best episodes of singing television ever. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Suzanne & Michael

DWTS: Suzanne eyes her rival for semi-final Sunday

I don't know that we needed the Irish edition included, but I understand the same can be said about the likes of Traitors Australia or Down Under's Drag Race.

Save:  Phil & Ash-Leigh

They are reality shows of 2023... and they deserve their own spots in this game too. :teeheewave:

Though a comment you made about the Irish version/Strictly is an interesting one. Strictly did used to cast a lot more Irish celebs in the earlier seasons. But I think since DWTS Ireland came about, there's been less Irish celebs on Strictly as they can do/sign up the Irish version.

Anywho, Suzanne & Michael. ❤️ Super sad to see them go. But they were my 3rd favorites of DWTS Ireland, so if Ireland has to take a hit, I'm fine with it being them - so at least my preferred order can continue. But yeah Suzanne is gorgeous.... and she & Michael did a wonderful job. So many great dances I loved from them including their Viennese Waltz, Charleston, Rumba, Tango, Samba (Finale version) and Showdance, just to name a few. I'll post her Rumba as that was my favorite from her (and was the first perfect scoring Rumba on DWTS Ireland). :wub: 

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Derek’s Noms Next)