2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Diana's Noms Posted)

Alex95

Are we including Harris and Trump in the next rankdown since it’s technically televised and reality? I think we have a winner and a first out right there. :ohyeah:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

JORDAN VANDERGRIFF

6615-o.jpg

Jordan Vandergriff is a professional race car driver who first appeared on one of these Bachelor shows in 2022. He competed for Gabby Windey's heart in the 19th season of The Bachelorette. He was eliminated in the second week, but the producers liked him enough to invite him back for Bachelor in Paradise. I wonder how many of these BIP contestants are cast because the producers really want them back, or do they just cast the ones who are available? But I digress. As a professional race car driver, I suppose Jordan has an interesting enough profession to be on the casting team's shortlist despite his early exit. It doesn't seem like he had as much luck on Bachelor in Paradise though. According to the Wiki, he split from Mercedes in Week 5. How many weeks does BIP last for? It looks like some couples got engaged by Week 5, so I'm guessing he made it toward the end of the season. I can't really tell you any details about what Jordan was like on BIP since I didn't watch it, so let me mention some fun Wiki facts about Jordan instead. He's from Georgia, and he loves sweet tea. He enjoys watching James Bond movies. He loves spending time with his nephews. He likes to relax by the lake. He thinks the most romantic gift you can give is a handwritten letter. As far as what the fans thought, I went to Reddit and lmao there's a thread titled "Jordan Vandergriff giving me the ick." What did he do? Well, he posted an Instagram video that's so cringeworthy. It's of him driving while repeatedly brushing his hair back and trying to smolder to the camera with the caption "I need a mirror." The comments on the thread are funny, including  "He's in his YIKES era" and "This is when you need a good friend to tell to take that sh*t down!" I don't know how he lasted this long in the rankdown. I guess the Bachelor fans here liked him well enough, or maybe he just flew under the radar? Regardless, out he goes from the rankdown.

Saving Phil.

657309010ec98e92f74d69b0?width=800&format=jpeg&auto=webp

I'm glad that Jordan got to do BIP as I really liked him as an early favorite on Rachel's season of The Bachelorette (and yeah technically he competed for Rachel's heart, not Gabby's - though they were co-leads 😛  ). I thought she let him go far too soon there so it was nice how Jordan & Rahcel got to rekindle things on BIP. Though sadly, it was short lived and they explored other options (which is understandable) - I think it was more on his end. So things just weren't meant to be for them. That was when he went to explore his connection with Mercedes as she/Tyler ended things. Though it's funny how the wiki page only mentions his time with Mercedes as he had more of a storyline with Rachel, lol. LOL the reddit comments on his instagram video, which I had no idea about. :lmao: I definitely did not expect him to make it this far but pleased for him getting this far.

If @*Wallace takes over a cut & save after 24 hours is up, he only has one save. And it does not count as a save he can't make again. After 24 hours, the punishments don't count since we're just trying to move things along.

• Thanks 1

Rami Kashou

How a Palestinian American Fashion Designer Pays Homage to His Homeland -  Business Insider

Rami Kashou is a fashion designer who hails from Ramalluh, Palestine.  He has participated in 3 seasons of Project Runway, and for this one it was season 20.  He previously competed on season 4, where he was the runner-up.  He then participated  in the first all-star season where he placed 8th.  This time around he went deep into the competition.  He survived 13 of the 14 episodes and finished in 4th overall.  Seems like a consistently great contestant, but since I have seen only a couple episodes of project runway in all of its seasons, its a comfortable cut for me to make.

Save: Jodi & Benja

Sebastian Bach "Tiki" (The Masked Singer US Season 10)

Tiki-unmasked.jpg?w=620

"Tiki," better known as Sebastian Bach, competed on the 10th season of The Masked Singer.  Sebastian Bach is best known for being the lead singer of hard rock band, Skid Row (from 1987-1996). I can't say that I really know or followed Skid Row's career or know their songs, so it was a nice way for Sebastian Bach to introduce himself to audiences and people that aren't familiar with him. I remember I nearly cut him many rounds/cycles ago but then I rewatched and relistened to his performances and enjoyed him much more than I remembered. Sadly, "Tiki" isn't so lucky as he gets my cut now, lol. I'm also fine with cutting Tiki now as it does ensure my Top 5 favorites for Season 10's The Masked Singer are locked in there.

Tiki made his The Masked Singer debut in Week 4's "A Celebration of Elton John" where Group B was introduced to the audience.  Tiki closed the first round with "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road," which was a really good and solid performance. I enjoyed that one. This was good enough to advance him straight through to the next episode. On Week 5's Harry Potter Night, Tiki opened the show with "Magic" by Pilot, which was a song I didn't know. This was good too but I didn't care that much for him, so I understood why he landed in the Bottom 2 after this. In the Smackdown battle, he performed "Monster" by Lady Gaga against Hawk, in which he was the stronger performer and won - and advanced to the next round. Group B had a short break and returned on Episode 9. On that episode, the theme was "I Wanna Rock" which was so perfectly suited for Tiki/Sebastian. He opened that episode with a rocking performance of KISS' "I Was Made for Loving You." This was probably his best and most natural performance. He did have to face off against Sea Queen in the smackdown round where they performed "Nothin' But a Good Time" by Poison. He lost that battle. Of the judges' guesses, only Nicole was able to guess Sebastian correctly. Some other guesss from the judges included Adam Lambert and Jon Bon Jovi. Then after that, it was revealed that he was Skid Row's lead man, Sebastian Bach. Here is a video of all of his performances:

Saving: Keenan Allen "Gargoyle"

Keenan-Allen.jpg

Amar Santana (Top Chef)

It's round three on 'Top Chef' for Amar Santana - Los Angeles Times

Would have saved Rami over this guy, so I won't cry too much about him being left as the default cut. Amar was on Top Chef Season 20, which was the international all stars season. So what show was Amar originally from? US! Season 13! Which... did not really excite me that much. Tbf he was the runner-up, so I should give him a little more credit, but up against a lot of the other cast members here, huge heavy-hitting winners from other countries etc., I wasn't jumping up and down for the US contestants at first. Season 13 was Top Chef California and while Amar was a great personality he just wasn't one of the super memorable contestants over the seasons to me personally. After Kwame was eliminated on S13 I lost a lot of interest haha but I did prefer the S13 winner so Amar wasn't like, in my "most robbed" list or anything. Anyway he proved me wrong on Season 20 and did better than I anticipated. He made it to the Top 6, over some other contestants that I was rooting for much harder like Victoire and Charbel and even Dale. But in the end he didn't make it SO far as to totally outlast his welcome. He's a fair elimination at this point for our game as well. 

Rami was one of my OG faves on Project Runway, and was excited that he was brought back to compete especially with Christian as the mentor - what a whirlwind journey for them both! 

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Wally's Noms Next)