AD25

Top 24 Group 1 Performance Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who has your vote tonight?

• Hailey Mia, “She’s All I Wanna Be” by Tate McRae
    • Jordan Anthony, “Titanium” by David Guetta & Sia
    • Jayna Elise Brown, “Confident” by Demi Lovato
    • Julia Gagnon, “Rumour Has It” by Adele
    • Kayko, “How To Live Without You” (original song)
    • Nya Muchai-Kinya, “The Best” by Tina Turner
    • Blake Proehl, “Anyone” by Justin Bieber
    • Abi Carter, “Oceans (Where Feet May Fall)” by Hillsong UNITED
    • Quintavious Johnson, “Something In The Water” by Carrie Underwood
    • K.B. Richins, “Heaven” by Bryan Adams
    • Will Moseley, “(Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay” by Otis Redding
    • McKenna Breinholt, “The Story” by Brandi Carlile

Quintavious  and Nya were my favorites even though i was not really a fan of their song choices.

I fear for Hailey…her Facebook numbers are not very promising, but i feel like half of this group is vulnerable to be honest…I’ll say Abi, Julia, Kabrienne, Kayko, McKenna and Will are definitely safe…the others are vulnerable to various degrees…

Will (A): i love this song and he did well

KB (A): it wasn’t perfect but she has some soul in her voice, i really enjoyed it

Hailey (A-): this performance was underrated by the forum

Quintavious (B+): there were some obvious issues, and i didn’t like some of the changes he made, but it was overall good

Julia (B+): technically strong except for a pitchy note, but i didn’t connect

Nya (B): good, particularly in the opening, but there were technical issues

Jordan (C): the beginning low notes were great, but he missed the mark with the big notes

Abi (C-): she does not have the belting range for the belts she attempted

Blake (C-): this felt very flat

McKenna (D-): something about her voice makes me feel really uncomfortable, and i miss her low notes 

Jayna (D-): this was so strained

Kayko (F): neither the lyrics nor the vocals worked for me

• Confused 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

Will (A): i love this song and he did well

KB (A): it wasn’t perfect but she has some soul in her voice, i really enjoyed it

Hailey (A-): this performance was underrated by the forum

Quintavious (B+): there were some obvious issues, and i didn’t like some of the changes he made, but it was overall good

Julia (B+): technically strong except for a pitchy note, but i didn’t connect

Nya (B): good, particularly in the opening, but there were technical issues

Jordan (C): the beginning low notes were great, but he missed the mark with the big notes

Abi (C-): she does not have the belting range for the belts she attempted

Blake (C-): this felt very flat

McKenna (D-): something about her voice makes me feel really uncomfortable, and i miss her low notes 

Jayna (D-): this was so strained

Kayko (F): neither the lyrics nor the vocals worked for me

btw my picks to go home would be Kayko and Blake

1. Abi Carter - Best performance of the season and her best performance to date! She chose a perfect song choice for her. Loved how she started off with the piano to build up the drama and got up afterwards. Her belts were so powerful and flawless. That is how you give a performance! That was just perfection and flawless. She can sing the phonebook and I would not be disappointed. Just give her the crown already.

2. McKenna Breinholt - Perfect song choice for her voice and she does sound a lot like Joni Mitchell. I loved what she did with the song and she made it her own. I also loved her high notes she went for as well. That was stunning!

3. Julia Gagnon - I loved this song choice for Julia and she slayed that! Loved how she started off slow to build up the drama and then went for the big notes that was needed. She is a powerhouse. That was fantastic! 

4. Nya - She slayed that song! Perfect song for her and she reminds me of Nariyella. I'd love to hear her take on Aretha, Tina, and Whitney. She has a fantastic range that made me stand up.

5. Hailey Mia - Loved her song choice and she slayed the heck out of that song. I loved that better than the original ngl. She brought the right amount of energy that the song needed and her vocals were so powerful. I felt that.

6. Jayna Elise - Great song choice! Kennedy put this song to rest though. Jayna did a fantastic job with the song. I do think she could have brought more energy to the song that Kennedy brought and showed some moon walks and dance moves. 

7. KB Richens - This wasn't her best performance and I would prefer a different song. Though I do think she still gave a lovely performance and she was connected to the song. She's not going to belt a song and she understood that. I think she's still a favorite to go far.

8. Quintavious - I'm still not sure if this song choice will help him move forward because it's a Carrie Underwood song and I have high expectations. He did slay the song regardless and nailed the high notes that matched with Carrie's. Some another girl should take notes from this.

9. Will Moseley - He is a solid vocalist who knows how to connect to the song. I think if he continues having a solid performance, he could make the finale. I would have liked a different song for him but he did great regardless. 

10. Kayko - He is a very talented songwriter and arranger. I really loved the way he arranged the song to his own and made the song his own. I felt connected to the song and his tone is so wonderful. He really reminds me of Fritz honestly. I'd like to see him take on an uptempo song and slow it down.

11. Jordan Anthony - He did a great job with the song choice, but I think he could go a little higher with his range.

12. Blake Proehl - This was by far the worst performance of the night. He looked so uncomfortable and awkward on stage like he wasn't sure what to do. I think he's better off just standing still with a guitar or sitting down on a stool.

Edited by Persy

I’m glad this thread wasn’t called “best performance” and only “who got your votes?” because Abi was not good. :dead:

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, rockerannah said:

Am I the only one who likes Jordan here? LOL

Nope! I’ve been a big fan since his Voice Australia journey. :wub:

• Like 1

I already said who my favorite was, but now I'm going to do all of the twelve in this group based on how I personally liked their performances:

1.  Abi -- she sang beautifully.

2.  McKenna -- I liked her performance.

3.  Nya -- she should have no problems in moving on.

4.  Julia -- she needs to work on her performance skills but I still like her.

5.  Jayna -- I liked her performance more than Hailey's, that's all.

6.  Hailey -- she did well but her song choice might not have been the best.

7.  Quintavious -- I'm pleasantly surprised that he did well with a Carrie Underwood song.

8.  Will -- he did good but I just didn't like it as much.

9.  K.B. -- not her best performance but still better than others.

10.  Kayko -- good songwriter, not-so-good singer.

11.  Jordan -- forgettable.

12.  Blake -- deer-in-headlights.