American Idol S22 Top 24 at Disney's Aulani Resort in Hawaii Part #2 Discussion

istersay

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, what I’m saying is if someone has 1.4K likes and another has 1.8K, it doesn’t tell us much. Or, even 6K vs. 4K. This is highly flawed data.  

I think FB is demonstrative of the demographics who watch and vote. Instagram is not same demographics imo

1 minute ago, RealMusicFan said:

I think FB is demonstrative of the demographics who watch and vote. Instagram is not same demographics imo

It is, but there are too many factors at play that can skew the numbers. Sometimes it obvious, sometimes not. 

Ajii was fine but I don't think the song was a great fit for his voice. 

Kennedy was equal parts mess equal parts slay

• Like 1

Jack was... I don't even know. That just provoked a negative reaction out of me and I can't tell you why.

Roman is the most entertaining performer this season. I said it. I don't even mind him "doing too much" because a) he can pull it off and b) he makes it look like fun

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

It baffles me how K-Blocks got this far. Like she's a total joke contestant. That was one of the most fantastic trainwrecks I've ever seen on a singing show. Wow. Just wow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Jack was... I don't even know. That just provoked a negative reaction out of me and I can't tell you why.

Roman is the most entertaining performer this season. I said it. I don't even mind him "doing too much" because a) he can pull it off and b) he makes it look like fun

Jack irks me too lol. I like his voice but I hate his facial expressions. They look like um… “O” word faces. :dead:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

It baffles me how K-Blocks got this far. Like she's a total joke contestant. That was one of the most fantastic trainwrecks I've ever seen on a singing show. Wow. Just wow.

I guess they just wanted a Trainwreck contestant in the top 24? I don't know why but it sure was something I guess. :dead:

4 minutes ago, kenboy1 said:

then how come the people in the first half consistently gets less likes than the people in the second half…that doesn’t even make any sense…

If you look EMMY went pretty early and has over 3.5k likes.. She went before 9pm or half the show was over so she went early. Then after her in the second half of the show K Blocks went and has not got even 1k in fact she is the lowest by far. So like i said EMMY went 5th out of 12 and she has i think the 3rd or so most likes. the 1st person Odell Bunton Jr  has 1.7K Roman went late and has 1.5 the only ones above them are the country singers and they keep them for the end. So your 1st half getting less is wrong as the country singers went late and the 1st half were really not that good and like i said Kblocks who went really late has the lowest by far.

Just now, TeamAudra said:

The fact that Elleigh has the most IG views tells you all you need to know about the reliability of that. 

The likes and stuff are fun but to me besides the top few they're just something to look at.

5 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

If you look EMMY went pretty early and has over 3.5k likes.. She went before 9pm or half the show was over so she went early. Then after her in the second half of the show K Blocks went and has not got even 1k in fact she is the lowest by far. So like i said EMMY went 5th out of 12 and she has i think the 3rd or so most likes. the 1st person Odell Bunton Jr  has 1.7K Roman went late and has 1.5 the only ones above them are the country singers and they keep them for the end. So your 1st half getting less is wrong as the country singers went late and the 1st half were really not that good and like i said Kblocks who went really late has the lowest by far.

look at yesterday…the second half people destroyed the likes against the first half people (minus Kayko)…

country singers went later and got more likes, but they went later…so my point still holds…KBlocks is an outlier because she is clearly not good…Roman wasn’t good either…they are likely contenders to go home…so, they are outliers…

Edited by kenboy1

Just now, Emmyfan said:

The likes and stuff are fun but to me besides the top few they're just something to look at.

It’s still all about casual viewers, who generally don’t visit the socials. 

Let me give an example of a potential skew…a religious song with a catchy caption that generates a lot of views and shares from people who don’t even watch the show. Really, anything that makes someone more likely to click on it. 

I'm still not over how Odell absolutely killed uptown funk of all songs. Best of the night for me.

Also, I thought this batch was somehow more consistent than yesterday? Even though yesterday had most of the heavy hitters vocally.

• Like 2

Just now, Hsamid said:

I'm still not over how Odell absolutely killed uptown funk of all songs. Best of the night for me.

Also, I thought this batch was somehow more consistent than yesterday? Even though yesterday had most of the heavy hitters vocally.

Really? I did not like the Odell performance at all

4 minutes ago, kenboy1 said:

look at yesterday…the second half people destroyed the likes against the first half people (minus Kayko)…

country singers went later and got more likes, but they went later…so my point still holds…KBlocks is an outlier because she is clearly not good…

I did look and the 1st few that went were really bad to be honest but mixed in early yesterday was Julia and she got more likes then Mckinna who went last. Like i said the 1st few that went last night seem to be the weak ones then the country etc came in late but Julia who went in the 1st half got more votes then most.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s still all about casual viewers, who generally don’t visit the socials. 

Let me give an example of a potential skew…a religious song with a catchy caption that generates a lot of views and shares from people who don’t even watch the show. Really, anything that makes someone more likely to click on it. 

Yeah the likes and stuff give a trend but like you said there are so many who do not visit the social media pages the casuals and with everything so close after the 1st 3its a crap shoot. If you look on FB most of the country singers are the ones with the most and everyone else is close.

2 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

Yeah the likes and stuff give a trend but like you said there are so many who do not visit the social media pages the casuals and with everything so close after the 1st 3its a crap shoot. If you look on FB most of the country singers are the ones with the most and everyone else is close.

And there are always some who get good Facebook numbers for a weak performance, due to an active fanbase. Did the casuals vote for them to the same degree? 

Sometimes, the comments tell a different story, too. I recall Worth The Wait having massive raw numbers, but the comments were brutal, and they were eliminated. 

6 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

I did look and the 1st few that went were really bad to be honest but mixed in early yesterday was Julia and she got more likes then Mckinna who went last. Like i said the 1st few that went last night seem to be the weak ones then the country etc came in late but Julia who went in the 1st half got more votes then most.

but you want to claim that they are getting less likes because there are less people watching in the second hour and that’s clearly not true because multiple people in the second half are getting way more likes than the first half…how can you claim that it’s a disadvantage because there are “less people watching”…