WALLACE: 1

ERIK: 4

SOLA: 9

MEGAN: 17

CHRIS: 18

ALEX: 19

DEREK: 19

WALLACE

Yeahh it should probably come as no surprise that "A Whole New World" is my #1 song on my rankings here. "A Whole New World"  is my favorite song from Aladdin and also my all-time favorite Disney song. So this was a no brainer that this would be my #1 nor also the song the song I would be protecting hard all game for as long as I could. is such a beautiful, sweet and romantic song. ❤️ Aladdin & Jasmine (singing portrayed by Brad Kane and Lea Salonga) does a beautiful song singing this song. I love how Aladdin takes on the first verse and chorus of the song. And then I love how Jasmine comes in on the second half of the first chorus, as well as the second verse. :wub: I especially love their back and forth through the rest of the song. They sound so beautiful together. The scene is also really sweet and touching. ❤️ haha I was such a big Aladdin & Jasmine shipper when I was younger, so I was all about this scene in the film, this song and just everything about them. :haha: Watching back on it now, it gives me such memories and flasbacks to the good ol days and the song & scene still makes me smile. 😄 I also love the Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle pop single version of the song, as well as the Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott version from the live action film! 

Whether "A Whole New World" wins or not (which I'm not expecting it to do so), I just hope that it can make it far and high in this game. I'm hoping this can make it to the Top 10 - REALLY hoping this can make it to Top 5, which would be a WIN for me, though I don't want to have my expectations too high.

ERIK

I strongly believe that this is the best disney duet of all time and it's not even close. I am going to be completely honest here, I've only seen Aladdin like twice in my life but I've gone back to this song and listened in full probably thousands of times. My favorite version of this song belongs to Zayn and Zhavia, but the original version comes in at an EXTREMELY close second. I love how Aladinn started the song, and how him and Jasmine started going back and forth. Jasmine really ate down on her parts. Overall an absolutely beautiful duet that I will never get tired of.

SOLA

A Whole New World is sung by Jasmine and Aladdin as they beginning to fall for one another.  The song is about how Jasmine lives life in the confines of the castle, but Prince Ali can show her things that she couldn’t see if she were free of the castle or at the very least with him.  This is about as an iconic of a duet as you can get from Disney and for the long time was the only time Jasmine got to sing until she got the much-needed song Speechless in the remake.  Its too bad we didn’t get to hear Lea Salonga sing speechless, as I am sure it would have been perfection.  With that said, I am very happy A Whole New World is in the finals!

MEGAN

The problem with "A Whole New World" in this rankdown is that "Reflection" is the SUPERIOR Lea Salonga ballad! I don't care if I am in the minority. I will STAND BY THAT!!!!

CHRIS

While "A Whole New World' is, without a doubt, an iconic Disney song, it's not one of my personal favourites from this Top 20 list.  As well, I much prefer other songs from the Disney Renaissance era that are in this Top 20 over the ones from Aladdin, just like I prefer other films of the era to it.  And I'll be honest that I ranked it in my bottom as I have a feeling that both of its songs could be strong contenders to win the top spot.  I could be wrong but it's just a feeling I have as I often feel that Aladdin is often seen as one of the most beloved films of the Disney Renaissance era.

ALEX

Another pretty song that doesn't do a whole lot for me. I prefer Take Off Your Clothes from the Starkid spinoff Twisted personallyme. It's kind of just a paint by the numbers love song to me. Aladdin is a great leading man, and his character has the charisma to pull a song like this off. But similar to my other lower rankings, there's nothing here I dislike, but I just don't feel particularly passionate about the song. I listen to it, its pretty, and then I'm ready to move onto the more show-stopping Disney numbers.

DEREK

Classic. Mandatory inclusion in the finals. But that doesn’t mean I have to be excited about it. Not looking to see this win so I’m putting it down here. Is this the MOST mainstream song from Disney? Definitely in the running. There are so many versions of this lol. It won the Oscar for Best Song. Over the Bodyguard songs lol there’s your fun fact for the day. This is the only Disney song to win the Grammy for Best Song as well. It’s really good! I’ve got nothing negative to say except that I don’t want it to win.

• Sad 1

• Steven_ changed the title to Disney Songs Rankdown (#17 Posted)
Just now, Steven_ said:

I was surprised by A Whole New World ranking so low.

I would've ranked it #1. 🫠

Not me thinking it was going to be a contender.

• Sad 1

Well.... what a wonderful way to start the day. 🙂 😢 

Erik, Sola and especially Steven are my only friends, I see. ❤️ I wish I had been petty with my rankings and ranked some of the favorites low but alas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

I was surprised by A Whole New World ranking so low.

I would've ranked it #1. 🫠

Aww thank you for that, Steven. At least I can rely on you. ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Wally should consider this a personal attack.

I do. :broken: 

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

Not me thinking it was going to be a contender.

😢 

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

The first #1 showing up before the first #20 🙈

Not funny. 😢 

1 hour ago, ~Tom~ said:

Well Wally’s #1 doesn’t have 20s but there go a couple 19s. :dead: 

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

I was wrong Wally's #1 didn't get any #20s. :dead:

I'm glad y'all are enjoying this. 🙂 

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

I really thought I was doing something with that low ranking lmao

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

Me too :dead: 

Evils. 😢 :broken:

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

And here I thought I was going to be doing the worst! But @*Wallace really exceeded expectations!!!

Yep. :/