DWTS32 Week 7 - Music Video Night!

*Wallace

20 minutes ago, Elliott said:

He’s had partners go to the Top 8 before.

unless you mean strictly in terms of weeks lasted.

Hmmm I don't think he has? I feel like the furthest his partner has gone was 9th place (with Jeanine & Jordin). This is the first time he's made it to the Top 8.

5 minutes ago, *Diana said:

I would of enjoyed Taylor night way more with last year's contestants. Tbh.

Same.  I love that we're getting a Taylor night, I just wish we got it with a better cast.

This goes for most of these themes TBH.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Yeah, seeing this put Xochitl at the top, I wouldn't be surprised the perfect score was for her... I don't think the votes are there for her nor if she has a fan base? 

Ah yeah I do worry about her fanbase. :( I think she's gaining fans as the show progresses (and probably getting lots of votes from the casuals). But as for that built in fanbase... that probably wasn't there. I'm not sure how affective that will be overall.

33 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Peyton Manning hosting the CMA awards is so random 

It is. But I think he's hosted it before? I don't get it. :dead: 

34 minutes ago, Ladybug9 said:

OMG, Harry just won't go away!

Well we did warn all of y'all that he's gonna be in this for the long haul. 🙈

34 minutes ago, Linds said:

Omg Harry and Rylee safe. Yeah they’re making semis at least if they can overcome the repeated score gaps 

Well, at least I'll be prepared for it. :haha: But UGH Imma be really mad whenever he outlasts any of Ariana, Jason, Charity or Xochitl.

34 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I figured it was leles time, that perfect score was to try and keep her in the running.

Yeah. They tried to save her at least. :( 

33 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I was hoping the perfect score would save her but I’m not surprised. Brandon…I fear he doesn’t have it

Ugh, I feel so bad for Brandon. :( He has had some great work/moments with his partners but yeah something just isn't clicking overall. :( 

28 minutes ago, Abe1818 said:

I worry for Annabel from Strictly now as she may go out on "Whenever,Wherever" on Saturday

Oh flip.... yeah. 😐 And this dance/style suits Lele sooo much better too. 🙈 Oh and Mollie King left with it too, years ago. 🙈

15 minutes ago, *Diana said:

I would of enjoyed Taylor night way more with last year's contestants. Tbh.

Or even for the 2021 cast. JoJo and Amanda would have had great Taylor inspired dances for sure. :yes: Especially with Amanda dressing up as Taylor Swift on The Talk's Halloween show last week. :haha: 

9 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Or even for the 2021 cast. JoJo and Amanda would have had great Taylor inspired dances for sure. :yes: Especially with Amanda dressing up as Taylor Swift on The Talk's Halloween show last week. :haha: 

I think Melora also would've had a great Taylor night dance as well.

• Like 1

Lele/Brandon Salsa: Brandon is such a bad pro. I'm sorry but it's true. Lele has such natural talent and she should be much further along now than she is. His choreography is mediocre and he makes the same stupid face the entire dance. He's the least sexy male pro they've ever had and I say that with the full acknowledgement that Sasha gives me the ick. The best parts of this dance are when Lele was dancing on her own. The partnering with Brandon was either just fine or poor especially when it came to the lifts which were not integrated well. 7/10

Ariana/Pasha Cha-Cha-Cha: I wish there was a little more attack in the cha-cha portions. But overall this was excellent. It helps that Ariana, especially with this lighting, can do a reasonable Britney. I think the background dancers were used well (always gonna say that when Jenna makes an appearance). This Ariana reminds me of why I liked her so much (and why people made excuses for Sandoval for so long) because things that should be cringe-y she does make seem cooler than they should be. 10/10

Harry/Rylee Jazz: I am Harry's #1 hater. I have NO REGRETS. I hope he reads my comments. Because he's a terrible dancer which matches how terrible a person he is. HASHTAG TEAM FRANCESCA HASHTAG TEAM GEORGIA. I know jazz on this show has a very nebulous meaning because the show treats it as a fake genre. But I don't think that was very jazz. (There have been some good actual jazzes on this show like Jenna/Jojo's halloween jazz). Harry is so stiff and again I think with a more experienced pro he'd be moving better. Of course he couldn't be pretending to showmance an 18-year-old Mormon so maybe he wouldn't have made it so far. Harry needs to commit more to everything. He's awful. Whatever. 4/10

Jason/Daniella Jazz: Okay here's my hater opinion and I think I've voiced this before, I think Daniella is the opposite of Jenna in that her magic works best when she has to have somebody she has to be more creative with and work with their weaknesses as opposed to somebody so naturally talented as Jason. I think these last few weeks it just hasn't been there for me. That could also just partially be the themes as well. Hopefully we are done with Jazz and Contemporary from Daniella this season. 8/10

Alyson/Sasha Quickstep: I've not really enjoyed Alyson this entire show. I'm fine on her as an actress and her characters. But tonight I really enjoyed her. It was the first time I felt and saw visible improvement. I know she's due for a slew of Latin dances and I worry for that but this was perfect for Alyson. Sasha was admittedly quite good in terms of choreo. And I wonder if she benefited quite a bit from having the other female pros in the room with her learning the same steps. 7/10

Xochitl/Val Jazz: I'm going to ask my Mexican youth undergrad if she knows "Hollaback Girl" because I'm sorry Xochitl I am not convinced you do. The one thing Reddit has posted that I agree with is that you can take Val out of the ballroom but you can't take the ballroom out of Val and that's how I feel watching this dance. This was fine. But I agree with the consensus here and with the judges that this was a bit underwhelming compared to her past dances. I think though you are underestimating not her popularity but Val's. I think she's fairly safe. 8/10

Charity/Artem Jazz: Let's stop jazzes. Too many jazzes. I'm tired of jazzes. I don't want to see these pros choreograph jazzes. BRUNCH. WHAT IS THIS. GIVE ME BRUNCH WITH EVERYBODY. So I think the same with last week Charity needs more power behind her movements. She is one of the ones who is naturally talented but that needs to be driven in. Because the lack of power makes her moves seem limp and unfinished even when she's hitting them. If she could crank up the intensity with each of her movements by just like 20% I think she'd be nailing everything better. 8/10

Barry/Peta Quickstep: Closer to a slowfox than a quickstep but you can see the pieces there. It's just hard to see it as Barry's style because he is quite slow. Peta had good choreography to mask a bit of it but I think it's just his age is showing. I like Barry a lot though and I really like his energy. And he was still better than Harry. 6/10

Team Young'n Style: Hwasa just announced a joint Season's Greetings with Wheein and that had to have been orchestrated by Psy's P-Nation and so right now Psy is not my enemy. But he's on watch because I would murder if Hwasa wished it. So right now I am extra partial to "Gangnam Style." Charity is easily the star of this dance. A lot of the power that she was missing in her own jazz I saw here. The lift over Harry's head to be caught by I think Brandon was extremely cool. Xochitl I think you can kind of tell is dancing with the sprained ankle. Lele still needs more "refinement" and again I think that comes down to Brandon just being a mediocre pro. And I am a hater but the actual "Gangnam Style" iconic dance was the best Harry has moved all season. He was still the worst easily. This dance did not deserve 10s. I'd probably say Charity - 10, Xochitl - 8, Lele - 8, Harry - 6. So an overall like 32? WHAT IS DEREK DOING. KILL ME I HATE HIM. I'd rather see f*cking Psy do the ILMB challenge of JYP do anything than see Derek hop over a table to hug Harry. Gross. I hate it.

Team 4 Everybody: Jason saying "Ooey gooey we are going to wring the orange juice out of our bodies" I gagged. I am done with MEN. OVER THEM. Why do they insist on saying things like this!!!!! Anyway, I liked this. I think it was overall lower energy though. I think Ariana was by far the best but I think she has that quality to not care about cringe. Alyson was sexier vampire in this than her paso doble last week. Jason gave me the ick with his rumba comment but he was good. This was not Barry's week I fear. I liked them acknowledging our bisexual king and queen Jason and Ariana. Ariana - 10, Jason - 10, Alyson - 7, Barry - 6 so overall a 33?

Yeah idk what it is but this season’s not really giving for me so far. I’ve fell a few weeks behind on watching the full episodes and I’m not sure when I’ll catch up, I’ll probably keep watching the dances for the time being.

I don’t have an overwhelming favorite. I’m still really pulling for Charity - I don’t think she is the biggest personality (but also neither were some other winners and I see her getting half the love they did) so I almost feel I want to root for her to do well! The last couple of weeks I feel like she’s not been at her best.

I think I’m maybe team Ariana rn, she’s on an upwards trajectory and Pasha getting a mirrorball would be great especially after they almost cut him this season. Xochitl and Jason up there of course. This would be the ideal top 4 but we can’t have nice things.

I can’t help but root for Alyson - the choreo always kinda sucks but she’s joyous. I thought Barry would be a pleasant surprise but top 7 went beyond my expectations! Harry and Rylee are here til the end and we just have to deal with it I guess.

As for Lele, I’m not shocked unfortunately and also not too bummed. Like of course she should be top 5. But I didn’t feel like she ever quite hit her stride. As others have mentioned, I think it’s partly to Brandon, the choreography hasn’t been bad but she clearly had a lot of potential that was IMO not being used to it’s full effect.

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

This is Kelly Monaco disrespect I’ll have you know!

My favourite part of that routine was how much Kelly Monaco looked like she hated signing up for this show again and Val's just taking his clothes off.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, *Lily said:

Also Team Young’n Style… you’ll never be them

:dead: 

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

wow I have successfully managed to block this out of my head until now.

:dead: 

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

This is Kelly Monaco disrespect I’ll have you know!

lmao I was surprised he hated that routine because of it including Kelly Monaco. :dead: 

Ugh Lele didn’t deserve elimination :/  Harry was clearly the weakest and should’ve gone 

I always enjoy these team dances :teeheebounce: both were fun to watch 

Paula is a good judge for this show but I don’t think she wants to be a permanent judge anymore 

their doing a Taylor Swift night!?:omg: