The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

You know, I've been liking D. Smooth 's "journey" so far. Meh blind, but dude had a great battle, is now leaving his mark in the KO audience with his (or lack of) reactions, he's so not buying the concept of the playoff passes in the audience lol.

And he's about to come out of hibernation with a song choice that I think he's gonna kill and outlast 3 strong Kelly contestants. And yes, I:m saying this as someone whose snowflake is Neil, bested by D. in playoffs.

But I do like a good underdog story, so I'm really hoping D.Smooth kills it there.

And out of the remaining 4 "underdog" contestants (along with Sorelle, Ray, Gina), he's honestly the one I could most see taking the 5th spot in the finale.

His non reactions in the audience was my favorite part of the episode 🤣🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, Queen Bee said:

It’s not unpopular with me. I think NOIVAS is all over the place. Dresses like a cowboy but not country. Angry with eye makeup. I think he’s trying too hard with tactics to win the audience over. Should have listened to his wife and left the hat at home.  Comes off as phoney to me. 

He wants to win over the audience bc he wants to win, but I can assure you eye make up isn't the way. So he didn't do that particular thing just to please audience.

Secondly, he has mentioned so many times, even in one of his recent twitter posts, that he's a cowboy. He's from Texas, so that's what he wears. As you mentioned he didn't wear the hat for the auditions bc his wife told him not to.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

He's from Texas, so that's what he wears.

I know several people who were born in different areas of Texas and have lived their entire lives in the state. None of them wear cowboy hats, western shirts, or big belt buckles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RTV said:

I know several people who were born in different areas of Texas and have lived their entire lives in the state. None of them wear cowboy hats, western shirts, or big belt buckles.

I know not everyone does that. But NOIVAS does. The reason I stated "He's from Texas" was bc he used that line in his post as well.

ovJTdXM.jpeg

5VHOW2E.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Holly already has Mississippi locked up, and is making a major play for Kentucky with that song choice. Which state will she sing about next? There are a lot of country songs about Texas. Maybe that’s the play. 🤔 

Maybe NOIVAS can sing this one. His cowboy hat would be justified here/ jk

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 2

Just now, QueenCami said:

if i had a nickel for every time idolforums argued over NOIVAS being a cowboy id have two nickels, which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it’s happened two times

I don't live in Us / Texas, so I don't know how things exactly go there. But I'm trusting his words. I knew, even before him going to Team Blake, that he loves country music. And there was even a post he made on Insta 3 to 4 years ago, where he stated, "The YeeHaw agenda is strong in this Black Texan Cowboy." (I think I have mentioned it before as well).

My main thing with NOIVAS is he’s all over the place with genres, and now wants to sing country on the show. He claims to be a pop singer, but if you asked a group of casual viewers what his genre is, you’d probably get a variety of different answers. He has no “musical identity.” The audience gets easily confused. I saw a comment implying that NOIVAS is a country singer, and I’m guessing it was because of the way he dressed for that performance. I said the same things about Wendy and Morgan, and they were favorites of mine, so this isn’t coming from a place of bias. NOIVAS just takes that to a new level, but it’s his choice, and we’ll see how it plays out. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I don't live in Us / Texas, so I don't know how things exactly go there. But I'm trusting his words. I knew, even before him going to Team Blake, that he loves country music. And there was even a post he made on Insta 3 to 4 years ago, where he stated, "The YeeHaw agenda is strong in this Black Texan Cowboy." (I think I have mentioned it before as well).

I live in Minnesota. People from the South think we live in igloos. I do not live in an igloo. :haha:

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

My main thing with NOIVAS is he’s all over the place with genres, and now wants to sing country on the show. He claims to be a pop singer, but if you asked a group of casual viewers what his genre is, you’d probably get a variety of different answers. He has no “musical identity.” The audience gets easily confused. I saw a comment implying that NOIVAS is a country singer, and I’m guessing it was because of the way he dressed for that performance. I said the same things about Wendy and Morgan, and they were favorites of mine, so this isn’t coming from a place of bias. NOIVAS just takes that to a new level, but it’s his choice, and we’ll see how it plays out. 

yea same, this is what I was tryna say earlier but flopped with my explanation.

i feel like him trying to do all genres is gonna be his downfall and which is why he won't win this season

if he's trying to do rnb, pop and country all at once, the voters will just go for d. smooth, sorelle and holly etc if that makes sense 😭

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

If we're going by geography, can't wait for playoff passers D.Smooth and Ryley Tate duetting on "Sweet Home Alabama"

I know it’s a joke since they’re both from Alabama, but in terms of song choice that has potential to be like, Kat Hammock on Taking Care of Business-level bad 💀

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

He wants to win over the audience bc he wants to win, but I can assure you eye make up isn't the way. So he didn't do that particular thing just to please audience.

Secondly, he has mentioned so many times, even in one of his recent twitter posts, that he's a cowboy. He's from Texas, so that's what he wears. As you mentioned he didn't wear the hat for the auditions bc his wife told him not to.

He says that repeatedly but if you look at some of his performances in front of audiences he doesn’t wear it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RTV said:

That’s what I’m saying. Look at his wife’s social media and his family photos. No hat. It’s for show. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If we're going by geography, can't wait for playoff passers D.Smooth and Ryley Tate duetting on "Sweet Home Alabama" in the Top 8.

They’re not just both from AL, they’re both from Montgomery, AL. 

So their duet will be “Angel from Montgomery”!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I live in Minnesota. People from the South think we live in igloos. I do not live in an igloo. :haha:

LMAO. I used to live in Minnesota for awhile. No wonder I like you. Cold as heck but no igloos or penguins. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Queen Bee said:

That’s what I’m saying. Look at his wife’s social media and his family photos. No hat. It’s for show. 

If I wear a hat in normal routine, it doesn't mean I'm always gonna wear it whenever taking pictures with my family members.

Btw, there is no end to this. istersay isn't gonna be happy about this at all bc we've had this never ending discussion before as well. I think we can agree to disagree, and move on peacefully. 👍

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

If I wear a hat in normal routine, it doesn't mean I'm always gonna wear it whenever taking pictures with my family members.

Btw, there is no end to this. istersay isn't gonna be happy about this at all bc we've had this never ending discussion before as well. I think we can agree to disagree, and move on peacefully. 👍

I still love you Hamza! 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Queen Bee said:

LMAO. I used to live in Minnesota for awhile. No wonder I like you. Cold as heck but no igloos or penguins. 

It was close to 90 degrees for a few days last week, but the last week has sucked, including snow most days. LOL. At least it melts as soon as it hits the ground. It was a rough winter. 

But it is true that many people from the South have this image of Minnesota that isn’t entirely accurate. Many have never even seen snow and ice, and can’t wrap their brains around the idea that we drive in it, and even walk on it without falling down. :haha:

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Viewers who remember NOIVAS from American Idol in 2014 and 2015 might be confused about his preferred genre, too. Here's what he sang on that show.

Season 13

audition: original

Hollywood Round: solo - original, group - Royals, solo - original

Season 14

audition: Change the World

Hollywood Round: solo - Get Lucky, group - Story of My Life, solo - I Don't Trust Myself

Top 24: contestant's choice - Hey, Soul Sister