The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

It's 110% ok if you like Jershika, but calling her "Flawless" is a reach.

That’s correct, but with the other non minivan friendly, non team Blake female contestants, Gymani, Shadale & Ryleigh, they all hit bum notes and I noticed it. I know Gymani is one of your favorites so I apologize. Jershika wasn’t “flawless” like I said, but if she hit a bad note or two, which every contestant did, including GNT, Wendy and Paris, the next note was 100% accurate. I thought she was almost as good as her own favorite former contestant, Rose Short, and am bummed we haven’t heard them duet. 

I will say her worst performance was her challenge, but she performed it incredibly well considering it wasn’t in her wheelhouse and bandzilla was on full force. It says something that she got the IS a second time despite being the second least minivan friendly contestant in the bottom after Joshua. Jim and Sasha and Lana were probably tied for first, with maybe a slight edge to J&S.

Edited by Jaffy

On the Jershika topic, she was one of my favorites, but I actually thought AIF was pretty rough and wasn't surprised she got in the B3 after. But I saw people saying it's one of her better performances, so maybe I'm just wrong? I'm not a pitch/vocal expert by any means, but the second half of that performance didn't sound pleasant to me.

I think even when she had problems, like in RITD which I acknowledge, she still managed to do a lot of cool stuff despite being clearly vocally tired. Yeah, I know all the other contestants were vocally tired too. It's just her fighting to be there after 2 IS and I thought she really gave it her all and pulled off much of it, if not everything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nytsch said:

On the Jershika topic, she was one of my favorites, but I actually thought AIF was pretty rough and wasn't surprised she got in the B3 after. But I saw people saying it's one of her better performances, so maybe I'm just wrong? I'm not a pitch/vocal expert by any means, but the second half of that performance didn't sound pleasant to me.

I think even when she had problems, like in RITD which I acknowledge, she still managed to do a lot of cool stuff despite being clearly vocally tired. Yeah, I know all the other contestants were vocally tired too. It's just her fighting to be there after 2 IS and I thought she really gave it her all and pulled off much of it, if not everything.

She was one of the two most inspirational contestants for coming back after being in the bottom twice, next to a male folk duo and a team Blake country girl. Joshua sadly didn’t have a chance. The other was Wendy. Despite being more or less guaranteed a spot in the finale being the best on team Blake, she felt flat on her arms and killed it the following week. I’m not as good a singer as her, but I would have messed up that week, even if I preferred GNT by a hair.

3 hours ago, Jaffy said:

That’s correct, but with the other non minivan friendly, non team Blake female contestants, Gymani, Shadale & Ryleigh, they all hit bum notes and I noticed it. I know Gymani is one of your favorites so I apologize. Jershika wasn’t “flawless” like I said, but if she hit a bad note or two, which every contestant did, including GNT, Wendy and Paris, the next note was 100% accurate. I thought she was almost as good as her own favorite former contestant, Rose Short, and am bummed we haven’t heard them duet. 

I will say her worst performance was her challenge, but she performed it incredibly well considering it wasn’t in her wheelhouse and bandzilla was on full force. It says something that she got the IS a second time despite being the second least minivan friendly contestant in the bottom after Joshua. Jim and Sasha and Lana were probably tied for first, with maybe a slight edge to J&S.

jershika’s break every chain was vocally very shaky, throughout the performance she had issues

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Good point, but I blame bandzilla for at least half of that.

i don't :P but i'd have to listen again to be sure. jershika had maaaany moments throughout the live shows where she missed notes. probably all but 1-2 of her live show performances had missed high notes, as @Hsamid has talked about in greater detail before

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

i don't :P but i'd have to listen again to be sure. jershika had maaaany moments throughout the live shows where she missed notes. probably all but 1-2 of her live show performances had missed high notes, as @Hsamid has talked about in greater detail before

@QueenCami lol! That’s true! I may have been biased because I loved her tone and passion so much!

19 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Regarding the former Voice contestants on the next season on Idol… nothing is confirmed but it seems likely that Wé McDonald, Michael Williams, and Megan Danielle all made the Top 24. The others (Samuel, Marybeth, etc.) are up in the air for now.

I saw on the other sub forum that Michael and Megan are both going to be in the premiere episode

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StarWalker1 said:

Marybeth got a sneak peak of her audition for idol! https://www.instagram.com/p/CoiK_QRPkM9/?igshid=NDk5N2NlZjQ=

She sounds alot more confident now

Looks like some Voice Alums are getting good edits this season. Maybe Marybeth will have better songs as well, since a lot of her song choices on The Voice weren’t the best.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Looks like some Voice Alums are getting good edits this season. Maybe Marybeth will have better songs as well, since a lot of her song choices on The Voice weren’t the best.

Her country performances were some of her best, so hope she's finally found her groove this time

1 hour ago, StarWalker1 said:

Marybeth got a sneak peak of her audition for idol! https://www.instagram.com/p/CoiK_QRPkM9/?igshid=NDk5N2NlZjQ=

She sounds alot more confident now

The alum’s killing it this season <333 Hopefully getting a clip shown means she made the Top 24.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Definitely gonna keep an eye on her, Megan, We, Samuel for the season. I think one of them can at least make the Finale.

I hope Samuel made the Top 24. There’s no solid proof yet and I’m starting to get worried lol

• Like 3

Just now, StarWalker1 said:

Go We!

Can We become the first contestant to make finale on both shows? She might already be the third Voice finalist to make voting rounds but first that was on The Voice first (one of the two previous contestants won her Voice season).

• Like 1

Just now, Cookie73 said:

Can We become the first contestant to make finale on both shows? She might already be the third Voice finalist to make voting rounds but first that was on The Voice first (one of the two previous contestants won her Voice season).

Brooke was able to do it both with AGT and TV, so its possible!

• Like 1