𓇻• Huntley Fan Thread •𓇻

Teraginn

7 hours ago, RTV said:

On TikTok, Huntley wrote about his knockout vs. Noah Spencer and Claudia B.:

Tonight you get to watch 3 Virginians sing their hearts out. So grateful I got to share this moment with not only two of my favorite voices of the show but also got to know two of the most genuine people ever.

https://www.tiktok.com/@huntleymusicofficial/video/7301043987182341418

Ah, that explains why Claudia was somehow lumped in with Huntley and Noah.

7 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Yeah you can add me. 3 rounds in a row he's given one of the best vocals everytime. Incredibly powerful and distinct voice.

Would like to hear him sing something more Ballad-y to switch it up 

Ayyyyy welcome!

I think it's time for Huntley to sing one of the most iconic rock ballad covers of all time.

It may be on the nose, but I don't think anyone on The Voice has done this version before. And this is just perfect for his range.

• Like 2

He's for sure one of the best vocalists in this season, I just want him to give a big performance that takes it to the next level (something how like CWB's I Walk the Line or Rugged Cross put him at the top)

Honestly though even if he keeps doing overdone songs at the same vocal level I wouldn't be mad about him winning.

On 11/18/2023 at 2:02 AM, nytsch said:

He's for sure one of the best vocalists in this season, I just want him to give a big performance that takes it to the next level (something how like CWB's I Walk the Line or Rugged Cross put him at the top)

Honestly though even if he keeps doing overdone songs at the same vocal level I wouldn't be mad about him winning.

What would you suggest he'd sing for a "big performance"? Opening this question to everyone here as well.

I have a couple of ideas bouncing around...

An emotional female ballad, just to show he has emotional range and for the shock factor as well. I think he can slay a metal version of Jar of Hearts, like this guy in The Voice Norge 2023.

A reggae song would be cool and different. He can take cues from this cover of One Day.

He can slay David Cook's version of Eleanor Rigby!

CONGRATULATIONS HUNTLEY! WELCOME TO THE TOP 12!

The past round Huntley has garnered some criticism for his "stale" song choices, but I think this performance proves he can be a modern artist with that grunge rock sound of his that is of another time. Thanks Niall for throwing a spanner in the works, as you put it! This gives me confidence that Huntley chose the right coach and that Niall will continue to challenge him and surprise us with some atypical songs.

And it's exciting to see that Huntley is the resounding leader in the app voting this episode! 92% is no mean feat. Makes me feel extra hopeful for America backing him up all the way to the Finale. I know Fredericksburg is cheering him on at the very least.

On to the Top 12!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

CONGRATULATIONS HUNTLEY! WELCOME TO THE TOP 12!

The past round Huntley has garnered some criticism for his "stale" song choices, but I think this performance proves he can be a modern artist with that grunge rock sound of his that is of another time. Thanks Niall for throwing a spanner in the works, as you put it! This gives me confidence that Huntley chose the right coach and that Niall will continue to challenge him and surprise us with some atypical songs.

And it's exciting to see that Huntley is the resounding leader in the app voting this episode! 92% is no mean feat. Makes me feel extra hopeful for America backing him up all the way to the Finale. I know Fredericksburg is cheering him on at the very least.

On to the Top 12!

slayed!!

• Like 2

Huntley was amazing tonight! First time I heard that song on this show I think? It was perfect for him. Now I'm waiting for him to do Into the Mystic. He's got the grit, range, emotions, and rasp for it. I can hear Van Morrison in him.

• Like 4

I added everyone who asked to be added! If you want to be added just comment here!

I don't know why the Voice performance videos won't align in the middle in the OP though.... can anyone help?? I've tried so many times and it just won't budge.

Should I make a song suggestion box as well?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I added everyone who asked to be added! If you want to be added just comment here!

I don't know why the Voice performance videos won't align in the middle in the OP though.... can anyone help?? I've tried so many times and it just won't budge.

Should I make a song suggestion box as well?

lol centering video can work but it's not easy like centering text, here is a thread on it. I centered the ones you had so far though

• Like 1

I keep seeing this Chris Stapleton cover of Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight on American football promos this season.  One, I need the actual single with the Snoop Dog rap lol, and, two, a loose, "hairy" version of this song would be fun and different for Huntley.

• Like 3

excerpts by Mark Franklin

https://idolchatteryd.com/preview-and-predictions-for-the-voice-playoffs

Prediction: Talk about a team loaded with talent. Niall has potential winners in Huntley, Nini and Mara.

Huntley might be the Season 24 favorite based on the strength of the three performances we’ve seen so far.

Julia seemed unstoppable in the knockouts, but that trio’s capable of stopping her.

https://idolchatteryd.com/song-by-song-grades-for-team-niall-on-the-voice-2

Song: “Daylight” by David Kushner
Feedback: Gwen said she can’t believe how amazing Huntley is, calling him masterful. John said he’s already a star and carries himself that way. Niall praised Huntley’s performance of a song he wouldn’t necessarily have picked on his own.
My take: I wasn’t crazy about the nearly spoken opening. But the second Huntley unleashed his rasp, I thought, “Yep, there it is. This guy’s gotta advance.” Those powerful distinctive vocals are very likely to get him to The Voice Season 24 finale. The only reason I’m not grading him quite as high as Mara and Nini is because I felt the dynamics of the song could have been built a little better. Huntley seemed to hit 10 a little too early in the performance. Grade: A–

excerpt by MJ Santilli

Niall wants to raise the key a half step. The song is one of Huntley’s daughter’s favorites. It’s a Tik Tok hit, apparently. Huntley tears up talking about his family. Niall is so impressed at rehearsal, he has no notes!

The lower parts of the song highlight his craggly tone. Not only can he wail, but Huntley sits beautifully in his lower register. He’s like a 90’s/00’s rocker. He could thrive fronting a rock band like Daughtry.

Gwen calls him “amazing” and his style and stage presence “masterful.” John says, “You’re already a star. The execution is flawless.” He belongs on the Grammys, he says. Niall purposely chose a song that Huntley wouldn’t pick, and feels he stepped up and met the challenge.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-24-recap-playoffs-part-1-live-blog-results.htm