2022 Reality Stars Rankdown

Alex95

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

out of this cast of female dancers she was the one I felt was most likely to receive a text from him regarding some broadway choreographer they had mutually worked with or whatever his story was. The others were other genres or seemed too babyfaced to be his type

Oooh haha yeah now that you put it out there, I could totally see it being Jordan. 🙈 I was thinking it was a dancer eliminated before the live shows but never really thought much on it.

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Akshar’s Noms Posted

Got lots of thoughts on these cuts so yayy. :giggle: 

Aww I'm sad to see both Omar and Christian go, as I really like them both and thought both were great singers. But yayy for Derek giving Omar a fairly positive write-up despite being a The Voice hater. :dead: I thought Omar was a really strong vocalist and he delivered a lot of great performances. One that really stands out was his "In the Name of Love" performance. I remember getting chills from that one! ❤️ But yeah, he did sometimes have some really cheesy song choices but he always sang the heck out of them. Oh I think I really loved his "Somebody to Love."  And some others but I can't remember them atm.

As for Christian, I do get how he's more of a polarizing performer. He's talented and has a great voice but he did have some strange song choices and didn't utilize his voice properly in his performances. I think "Leave the Door Open," "I'm Not the Only One" and "Dear God" stood out the most to me from him. So I guess both were kind of similar contestants in a sense - so kinda fitting they were cut back to back - but I did enjoy Omar's run more. But still pleased both guys got this far nonetheless.

Wasn't really much of a Miesha Tate fan on CBB3 at all, lol. But no denying she was a beast of a competitor and really dominated in comps. I did prefer others on that season but she did deserve/earn her win over Todrick. I forgot when the other side had a chance of taking her out, but I think there was a chance and they were crazy not to do so. :dead: Oh that might have been when she and Todrick got to Carson to target elsewhere. 😐

JORDAN MAILATA AS THE THINGAMABOB

THE MASKED SINGER - SEASON 7

The-Masked-Singer-Thingamabob-embed-1.jpg Jordan-Mailata-The-Masked-Singere.jpg

At the exception of Ricki-Lee Coulter, all the nominated contestants could all have been cut from the rankdown and I would have been at peace with that but that's not possible as I can only cut one of them which meant that Thingamabob, from The Masked Singer's Season 7, is my choice to cut.   We were first introduced to Thingamabob as part of Team Cuddly when he performed for the first time on Episode 1 - the same episode as Teyana Taylor aka Firefly, which it's a crime that she went out of this rankdown prior to Thimgamabob and Panther but I digress.  On Episode 1, he was the surprise of the night with his rendition of Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" ;  With his clues and voice, the judges thought that he could be the vocalist of Metallica, Chris Jericho, or Terrel Owens.  He came back during the 2nd episode where he took on Perfect by Ed Sheeran & his super clue was revealed to be a SHIELD. After his clue and emotional performance, the judges thought it could be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Omar Benson Miller, or Jason Momoa.   He returned for a third performance with MTKO's Classic which ended up being his last performance. For their final guesses, the judges were all over the place with the guesses : JJ Watt, Michael Strahan, Liam Hemsworth, and Dennis Rodman - the most LOL worthy guess - after other clues. But none of them were right - and probably wouldn't have guessed it unless the producers had told them who it was - as it was revealed that it an Australian NFLer known as Jordan Mailata.  Overall, he was a pleasant surprise and he certainly left at the right point of the competition but he could probably have lasted longer had the format had been the same as the original season. 

SAVING: RICKI-LEE COULTER & JARRYD BYRNE

Edited by *Chris

CHRIS KIRKPATRICK

chris-kirkpatrick-big-brother.gif

Chris Kirkpatrick, famous as one of the band members of *NSYNC, competed on the third season of Celebrity Big Brother. I don't really remember much about his actual game, so I had to consult the Big Brother Wiki (which is thankfully more helpful than the Bachelor Wiki). I forgot Chris was the HoH that got Mirai evicted, so that makes this an easier cut to make. Chris was the second HoH of the season, and he nominated Mirai and Chris Kattan for eviction. After Shanna won the Power of Veto, there was discussion about possibly using the Veto to take out Todrick instead. They chose to play it safe and follow through with the original plan to evict Mirai. Booo, they should've gotten Todrick out instead. The following week Miesha won HoH and nominated Cynthia and Carson for eviction. Shanna won the Power of Veto again, and she and Chris decided to blindside Miesha by using the Veto on Carson. The idea was that this would help them play the middle a while longer. This plan backfired as Chris was named as the replacement nominee and then later evicted.

Saving Yu Hojin.

perform-magic-yu-hojin.gif

Edited by Steven_

"Thingamabob" aka Jordan Mailata, was a really great surprise on The Masked Singer Season 7. Ugh Chris bringing up Teyona Taylor/Firefly's cut here..... still sad when she had to go here. 😢 But yeah Thingamabob was really good and enjoyable. Now I kinda regret saving him when I did as it means he places above Firefly. 😢:dead:

I really enjoyed Chris Kirkpatrick on CBB3. It was nice learning he's a big fan of the show and he played well'ish. It's such a shame he left out early as I would have liked to have seen him last longer and I felt he had more to give (especially him & Shanna keeping Carson & Cynthia in line). But then oooh lmao I did forget a lot of his gameplay. I think with Chris taking Mirai out while that was the safer move, I think she was just kinda over it and felt out of place in the house. It seemed like a good short term move to keep the house at peace rather than a long term move. Forgot that they had Todrick in mind to target but I guess they didn't realize what a big threat he would be. And ooof the veto on Carson/then Chris being backdoor. Ouch... that Carson save did expose them. Okay so thinking/reading back on his time, he didn't play it as well as I remembered lmao. :dead:  But still enjoyed him. :haha: Overall a good spot for Chris.

Montell Jordan "Panther" (The Masked Singer, American Season 8 )

Masked-Singer-reveals-Montell-Jordan.jpg

Gah this wasn't a cut I really see myself making, but as I do like both of these nominees, I figured and decided this is probably the more objectively fair cut to make, for reasons I'll get into. "Panther," aka Montell Jordan, competed on the 8th season of the American edition of The Masked Singer. I know a lot of us, namely Chris, Akshar and myself, have ranted many times about the format of this show with its later seasons. I will certainly go into that here. I remember really enjoy Panther on the show. Panther performed on the 2nd episode, which was Vegas night. He opened the show up with a great version of "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone. Yeah we heard this song a lot but he did a fantastic job with this. Panther proceeded to the Battle Royale round where he battled against Harp on "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf. This was honestly not a song that suited either performer and their solo performances were much stronger, but they both did their thing and did well on this song. But for those of us that watched this season, Harp pretty much slayed everything and was unstoppable - so she deservingly won that battle. That meant that Panther lost and was eliminated. Ugh I was frustrated, cause while I did agree with the result, Panther was great and deserved to be in an earlier season with its superior formats. I could have seen him lasting all the way to the Top 5 in an earlier season. :( So for Panther just to have this one episode, we were robbed of many more great performances of us, ugh! Now I got myself mad all over again about this. :dead: Then when it came to the judges guesses, well none of them guessed Panther correctly. It was revealed that Panther was none other than Montell Jordan, who is best known for R&B jams like "This Is How We Do It" and "Get It On Tonite," the former being up there as one of my all-time favorite jams! So it made perfect sense for Montell to close the show singing "This Is How We Do It." :bobo: I'm really glad Panther made it this far. Sadly with just one episode on the season, it's fair for him to go but I really wish we had gotten more performances from him. I'll post some videos of his time on the show.

Saving: Marcus & Michael

giphy.gif

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Sola’s Noms Next

let's go girl — BROOKE LYNN HYTES • canada's drag race vs the...

KellyAnne Judd

Yes Duffy

Horacio Gutiérrez & Olivia Kaiser

Faysal Shafaat & Moriah Jadea

Amber Borzotra & Chauncey Palmer

Nelson Thomas & Nurys Mateo

Jay Starrett & Michele Fitzgerald

Kailah Casillas-Bird & Sam Bird

Cayla Platt

Justine Ndiba

Desi Williams

Alyssa Lopez

Cashay Proudfoot

Kyra Green

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Sola’s Noms Posted

Kailah Casillas-Bird & Sam Bird

1_samrobertbird_118254244_99246512127149

Well.... I guess I'll take the easy cut in cutting Kailah & Sam? Lol I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda loving it when Kailah & Sam avoided their first few nominations and got saved a few times from us. But with losing so many Challengers and some really standout ones recently, last cycle and this cycle, I wasn't too pleased with Kailah & Sam lingering around in the game over stronger Challengers that got cut. So I guess I can make that stop with this cut? Anywho.... 

Kailah Casillas-Bird & Sam Bird were the only married couple to compete on The Challenge: Ride or Dies, which was the 38th season of The Challenge franchise. Kailah has competed on numerous seasons of The Challenge.... I want to say 7 of them off the top of my head? She brought Sam in as this was his very first season of The Challenge. Sam is best known for participating in dating reality shows such as Love Island UK 4 and Ex on the Beach American season 4 (which is how I knew him prior this show). I thought that Kailah & Sam were pretty cute and fun together. Kailah seemed really happy, radiant and probably the happiest she's been. It was such a change from her and I was really liking this new side of her. Sadly, for them, they were targeted right away and had to compete against a really strong The Challengers team in Devin & Tori (who were the eventual winners of the season) in the You Move I Move zone game. LMAO not gonna lie, I was rooting for Kailah & Sam to pull off an upset and get Tori & Devin out of the game but that wasn't mean to be. :( Kailah & Sam were eliminated 1st of the season. I was sad about that as I wanted to see more from them competing as a married couple in this show, as that's such a rare thing to see here. I'm sure we'll see Kailah in future seasons to come but I hope we see Sam get another chance. I'm not really sure on that happening but we'll see within time. Most importantly, I wish them all the best and happiness with their marriage. ❤️ 

Saving: Horacio Gutiérrez & Olivia Kaiser

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

sam bird was on the challenge and is also married??????

wow. i must be a fake love island fan because somehow i missed that.

Only for one episode so it's not surprising you missed it :haha:. But yes, he is married to one of the stars from the show.

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Only for one episode so it's not surprising you missed it :haha:. But yes, he is married to one of the stars from the show.

wow i remember liking him. but i mostly remember him from being paired with Georgia who was a MESS but like in the perfect reality show way.

Faysal Shafaat & Moriah Jadea

3b223-16655643580948-1920.jpg?w=840

I know that Fessy has been a polarising character on The Challenge to say the least. Seemed like a safe cut here, I didn’t really have much opinions on any of the noms here, but I’m a Desi Williams defender for life so duh. This was another of those partnerships on Ride or Dies where they brought a complete reality tv rookie into the show. Moriah is very pretty! They had a good run through the season it seems and a lot of daily wins between them. Seems as so Moriah lost an elimination but then basically came back straight away? And then went home again shortly after. Not a lot more to say here. I’m sure eventually I’ll watch The Challenge again, it’s kinda bottom of my watchlist and I’ll try USA first.

Save Desi

Faysal & Moriah were one of my preferred choices for cuts of the options here. They were a pretty strong team but definitely a team that butted heads and had some messy moments, specificially at the time where they had to build up their separate teams and Faysal took some players Moriah wanted for her team. So he kinda left her out to dry... and then they lost some trust in each other after that. Not one of Faysal's worst seasons but still wasn't too huge on him here.  :haha:

14 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Georgia Harrison?

He was with a different Georgia. Georgia Steel.