American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

If someone ends up qutting, because they had a better opportunity, good for them.  Look what happened with Benson Boone.

The winner on Idol is no longer guaranteed a record contract.  Iam has yet to be signed.

Edited by mytake1

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

If someone ends up qutting, because they had a better opportunity, good for them.  Look what happened with Benson Boone.

The winner on Idol is no longer guaranteed a record contract.  Iam has yet to be signed.

yeah ever since Benson started really blowing up, I've been wondering if we'll start to see more people drop-out now, in hopes of following that path. 

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Sure but if you stepped back and thought about it for a second that theory didn't make a lot of sense. 

It was just very reminiscent of Kenedi dropping out. Her audition suddenly taken down from all social media. I didn’t think she had record deal that fast but I thought maybe she just couldn’t handle it. 

For what it’s worth, I would’ve only bet like $5 on it lmao. 

54 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

For week 3:

Aniston Pate

Avery Gunn

C.J. Rislove

Donahue Diaries

Jennifer Jeffries

Kimi

Kyra

Laela Dasher

Madai Chakell

Max Dasher

Nick Connors

Scarlett Lee

Will Moseley

Only 2 names are in the top 24

Geez, why do they do this? I guess the producers cram all their favorites into the first two episodes. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kenboy1 said:

To me, it’s obvious Emmy will go far…country goes really far and her grandmother is friggin’ Loretta Lynn…she might have all the country superstars right now campaigning for her…

Her Grandma was country but she's not country. 

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I think you severely overate the importance of that.

well…we shall see…she’s already highly rated on Facebook (which is the most accurate indicator of votes)…in a close contest, if she has celebrity support and a little bit of people that don’t normally watch the show vote, it can potentially make a difference…

19 minutes ago, kenboy1 said:

My point still stands…she might end up having a lot of celebrity support…on top of normal idol fans…

After the novelty of her being the granddaughter of a icon wears off, the audience will mostly judge her on her own merits. It does help make her more memorable, though. 

Edited by TeamAudra

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

After the novelty of her being the granddaughter of a icon wears off, the audience will mostly judge her on her own merits. I does help make her more memorable, though. 

Yeah it's a nice story and nice stories definitely do help. Plus I do think her mild personality will help her out as well. But she's still gonna have to sing well going forward as well.

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah it's a nice story and nice stories definitely do help. Plus I do think her mild personality will help her out as well. But she's still gonna have to sing well going forward as well.

I think it could actually raise expectations. She definitely has to deliver. 

17 minutes ago, m1key said:

Also, Abi's gained around 36k followers (and counting) in 24 hours which is genuinely crazy tbh. One thing Idol deserves a lot of credit for is helping their contestants build large followings on social media.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C31esrNLEhk/?igsh=MXE1cWQxMThwZjNnbQ==

Oh wow!  That’s awesome!  🤩