American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

15 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

abi just shared a video talking about her winner single and shared the pre-save link. it’s called “this isn’t over”. 

So her song is “This Isn’t Over”?  Cool title.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Triston constantly saying “Roll Tide” alienates everyone in SEC country who isn’t an Alabama fan. Even in his own state, there are a lot of Auburn fans who hate Alabama. 

WAR EAGLE. Yeah he lost me at RT for sure. But no really, I was never a fan he just wasn't ready by a long shot imo. His story got him as far as he got.

7 hours ago, BlindMelon said:

WAR EAGLE. Yeah he lost me at RT for sure. But no really, I was never a fan he just wasn't ready by a long shot imo. His story got him as far as he got.

I agree that Triston wasn’t ready for the show.  I always thought that Triston wouldn’t win because he was too young and inexperienced, and I was right.

• Like 1

At first, I was surprised Will didn’t write his own, but then I looked up the song, and the two songwriters. Both of them have written a bunch of Luke Combs’ hits, and a lot of other well well known names. One of them is on several of Chayce Beckham’s songs. It’s probably more important to have these connections than to release a self penned song, IMO. I suppose the label could have something to do with it too. 

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

At first, I was surprised Will didn’t write his own, but then I looked up the song, and the two songwriters. Both of them have written a bunch of Luke Combs’ hits, and a lot of other well well known names. One of them is on several of Chayce Beckham’s songs. It’s probably more important to have these connections than to release a self penned song, IMO. I suppose the label could have something to do with it too. 

where can you see the credits for the songs? i’m not finding them LOL

3 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

where can you see the credits for the songs? i’m not finding them LOL

I looked Will’s up on BMI. I’ll look around on there and see if I can find any of the others. 

ScqRGh6.png
jmtDK69.png

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s probably more important to have these connections than to release a self penned song, IMO. 

for sure! he’ll have other opportunities to showcase his songwriting on the future, getting those key connections is more important rn so i think having the finalists working with industry people for the winner singles is a good starting bridge for that.

34 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I agree that Triston wasn’t ready for the show.  I always thought that Triston wouldn’t win because he was too young and inexperienced, and I was right.

But it doesn't mean Triston won't go on to have a career.  He's not always going to be this young and inexperienced.  Think Daniel Seavey.  Triston could end up being the breakout a few years from now, while others have faded.

22 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Who are the writers? I actually saw and met a guy named Drew Parker who writes a lot of Luke Combs songs at the festival I was at over the weekend so I was wondering if it's the same person or not.

7 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Who are the writers? I actually saw and met a guy named Drew Parker who writes a lot of Luke Combs songs at the festival I was at over the weekend so I was wondering if it's the same person or not.

The two I was referring to are Jordan Walker & Thomas Marc Archer. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

The two I was referring to are Jordan Walker & Thomas Marc Archer. 

Okay good to know. Luke I'm sure has a ton of writers so I figured it probably wasn't the guy that I met but I was just checking.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

But it doesn't mean Triston won't go on to have a career.  He's not always going to be this young and inexperienced.  Think Daniel Seavey.  Triston could end up being the breakout a few years from now, while others have faded.

Anything is possible, but he has a looooong way to go. He’ll have to fight through a lot of adversity for the next 5-10 years minimum. 

In the short run, he may get a few gigs around town. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Anything is possible, but he has a looooong way to go. He’ll have to fight through a lot of adversity for the next 5-10 years minimum. 

I agree 100% with this.

Posted (edited)

katy said that “we were all a bit surprised about jack”. i think the judges were expecting triston to make finale over him but weren’t surprised about will and abi. 

”i think it really was neck to neck. that’s what everyone (from production) told me”

i wonder if she’s talking about jack making it or like the overall voting. prob the latter LOL. 

Edited by wildestinvegas

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

agreed. i'd be happy for him to surprise me but after he did the Elvis performance in Rock & Roll Hall of Fame week, things took a downhill turn. him being encouraged to do high energy performances with "gyrating" made him look like a cute novelty act on AGT as opposed to an actual artist. 

i actually enjoyed his "God's Country" and "H-O-P-E." Sad we didn't get to see more of that. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

5-10 years - he would only be 20-25.  That's still very young.  

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

agreed. i'd be happy for him to surprise me but after he did the Elvis performance in Rock & Roll Hall of Fame week, things took a downhill turn. him being encouraged to do high energy performances with "gyrating" made him look like a cute novelty act on AGT as opposed to an actual artist. 

i actually enjoyed his "God's Country" and "H-O-P-E." Sad we didn't get to see more of that. 

But it doesn't mean Triston still can't have a career down the road.  He is still very young.  A lot of people his age would not have been able to do what he did.  Remember how people hated Daniel Seavey.  He has turned out to be one of the most successful from Idol.

1 minute ago, mytake1 said:

But it doesn't mean Triston still can't have a career down the road.  He is still very young.  A lot of people his age would not have been able to do what he did.  Remember how people hated Daniel Seavey.  He has turned out to be one of the most successful from Idol.

Literally no one is saying that he can't. :dead:

1 minute ago, mytake1 said:

While it's true that Daniel Seavey is one of the more successful ones post-Idol, the show literally actively hindered Triston to the point that he went from being a slam dunk winner to a fifth-placer who performed at a much worse level than when he did at the start of the competition.

Posted (edited)

I don’t think the show hindered triston that much. he just didn’t have the chops to handle the lives shows. it was probably his first time having to perform and sing at that pacing and it showed. his voice was completely shot/shaky from top 12 onwards.

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 2