American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

McKenna could potentially perform "You're Still The One." She would sound good on it and the extra pimpage from singing Shania's song when she's mentoring could help her. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

McKenna could potentially perform "You're Still The One." She would sound good on it and the extra pimpage from singing Shania's song when she's mentoring could help her. 

Wrong year. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Wrong year. 

it was released in November '97 but wasn't a single until January '98. I wonder how strict they will be about incidents like that. 

4 minutes ago, m1key said:

it was released in November '97 but wasn't a single until January '98. I wonder how strict they will be about incidents like that. 

What year was McKenna born? 

I guess she was born in 98, but I was focused on the 1997 release date. It could happen. 

Edited by TeamAudra

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

Yeah I'm guessing the rules are pretty loose so I'm guessing she could do it if she wanted to.

For Will, it seems the popular country songs from 2000 don’t include a lot of good options for the show, in my opinion, so I’m expecting either a more obscure choice, or something from another genre. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Good point. I forgot about that part. 

Mia dodged a bullet because of the theme. 

There are Shania songs from 2004 if she was dead set on singing a Shania song but they aren't the super famous ones which honestly might be cool to see. But I am guessing that she will probably go in a different direction.

The only 2000 popular country song I can see working for Will and fitting into 2 minutes is, “How Do You Like Me Now.” By Toby Keith. It would be his 3rd mid to uptempo song in a row. He regularly covers Toby Keith. 

• Like 1

I put this in the other thread but here was my preferred songs for Mia to sing.

Tim McGraw "Live Like You Were Dying"

Gretchen Wilson " Redneck Woman"

Toby Keith "American Soldier"

Raschal Flatts "Bless The Broken Road"

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The only 2000 popular country song I can see working for Will and fitting into 2 minutes is, “How Do You Like Me Now.” By Toby Keith. It would be his 3rd mid to uptempo song in a row. He regularly covers Toby Keith. 

I don't know if "How Do You Like Me Now" would fit with Will because of the song's story. If he regularly covers Toby Keith, it might be better to cover his song "Country Comes To Town" which was a 2000 song. It is an uptempo song about small town life. Because of the message, I can also see a lot of people liking & relating to the song.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

According to Wikipedia, it was released on 11/22/99 and is about Keith's attraction to the beautiful valedictorian of his high school. While it's a popular song that was nominated for Single of the Year and Song of the Year at the 2001 Academy of Country Music awards, I've never liked it. I didn't think of a 2000 song that's a better option for Will, but I hope he has a good one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RTV said:

According to Wikipedia, it was released on 11/22/99 and is about Keith's attraction to the beautiful valedictorian of his high school. While it's a popular song that was nominated for Single of the Year and Song of the Year at the 2001 Academy of Country Music awards, I've never liked it. I didn't think of a 2000 song that's a better option for Will, but I hope he has a good one.

I’ll tell you what tripped me up in that. It reached #1 in 2000, and I was focused on those songs. 

Considering it’s been less than 3 months since he passed away, I think he could do well with any Toby Keith song. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RTV said:

Yeah girls have a lot to choose from in 2000 but guys not so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I don't know if "How Do You Like Me Now" would fit with Will because of the song's story. If he regularly covers Toby Keith, it might be better to cover his song "Country Comes To Town" which was a 2000 song. It is an uptempo song about small town life. Because of the message, I can also see a lot of people liking & relating to the song.

I’m not too familiar with that song, but I just listened to it. I know he’s a huge Toby Keith fan, and covers him well, so it wouldn’t surprise me of this is it. 

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll tell you what tripped me up in that. It reached #1 in 2000, and I was focused on those songs. 

Considering it’s been less than 3 months since he passed away, I think he could do well with any Toby Keith song. 

TPTB probably won't be too strict about exact release dates matching the year of birth.

Yes, the fact that Toby is a popular country singer and died in February after a struggle with stomach cancer could help Will or another contestant who chooses to cover one of his songs tonight—regardless of the lyrics.

One of my favorite Toby Keith songs is "Should've Been a Cowboy," but it was released in 1993. 

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1