American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

Why am I getting Season 7 vibes? Maybe it’s because this is “Season 7 on ABC” lol or it could be because of the foreign contestants. Season 7 featured Australian Michael Johns and Irish Carly Smithson in the Top 24. 

I think it's why im excited about this season. Because the talent is reminding me of Cowell era not being overpopulated with 

Wgwg's 

17 minutes ago, Meme123 said:

I think it's why im excited about this season. Because the talent is reminding me of Cowell era not being overpopulated with 

Wgwg's 

How so?  The last 3 winners of the Cowell era were guys playing the guitar.  There probably would have been more if they allowed instruments prior to Season 7.

28 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

How so?  The last 3 winners of the Cowell era were guys playing the guitar.  There probably would have been more if they allowed instruments prior to Season 7.

True but felt since then its been dominated by country male singers. 

At least with season there is more pop artist, rnb artist plus more with a very few country and wgwg. So its more a bit of everything and the talent is giving me cowell seasons. 

2 hours ago, Meme123 said:

Wgwg's 

I mean tbh the Top 20-26's of the ABC era have not been overpopulated with WGWG's. It's just that the few that there are pretty much are always guaranteed to make it far and take up a lot of space once we get down to Top 10/Top 7. 

54 minutes ago, m1key said:

I mean tbh the Top 20-26's of the ABC era have not been overpopulated with WGWG's. It's just that the few that there are pretty much are always guaranteed to make it far and take up a lot of space once we get down to Top 10/Top 7. 

The male talent pool honestly wasn’t very good during many of the Cowell seasons. Season 1 only had Justin. Season 2 had Clay, Ruben, and Josh. Season 3 was the female dominated season. Season 4 had Bo and Constantine. Season 5 had the best male talent at that point, with Chris, Elliott, Ace, Taylor (ugh). Season 6 was another female dominated season with Blake as a good but not great male. Season 7 was the first to have a lot of strong males, and even then they still cast the likes of Garrett Haley and Colton Berry. Everyone loves to look back with rose colored glasses, but early Idol had a LOT of fodder contestants.

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

The male talent pool honestly wasn’t very good during many of the Cowell seasons. Season 1 only had Justin. Season 2 had Clay, Ruben, and Josh. Season 3 was the female dominated season. Season 4 had Bo and Constantine. Season 5 had the best male talent at that point, with Chris, Elliott, Ace, Taylor (ugh). Season 6 was another female dominated season with Blake as a good but not great male. Season 7 was the first to have a lot of strong males, and even then they still cast the likes of Garrett Haley and Colton Berry. Everyone loves to look back with rose colored glasses, but early Idol had a LOT of fodder contestants.

My favourite contestant ever on idol was Blake Lewis lol. But i did also love jordan sparks 

My favourite seasons are 

Edited by Meme123

Mostly of the contestants this year, don't follow each other's or interact with thewm. For example, Hailey Mia don't follow at least half of the contestans, Anna Graçe it's the same !

In other hand, Jeslynn, Ava Nicole and O Dell Campbell had interction with EVERYONE'S in this year cast.

Edited by olaui.hoho

1 hour ago, olaui.hoho said:

Mostly of the contestants this year, don't follow each other's or interact with thewm. For example, Hailey Mia don't follow at least half of the contestans, Anna Graçe it's the same !

In other hand, Jeslynn, Endereço: Avenida Paulo de Frontin n 61 sala 210 - *Calçadão de Itaguaí no edifício Faestal* (entre a loja ponto e loja Éd+)Ava Nicole grance e O Dell Campbell had interctionz with EVERYONE'S in this year cast.

Maybe they recently told not to follow each other because they previously did 

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2023 at 10:30 PM, searomordep said:

I don't know if someone pointed it yet cause I didn't read all the pages lol But he has been on The Voice of Holland season 10

reminds me of jack vidgen but less technical/polished

(speaking of which...where's jack at? now that more international contestants seem to be showing up he might want to consider an american vacation for a few months to steamroll a season of american idol, his voice au audition is a top 5 all time singing show audition imo)

4 hours ago, Meme123 said:

I mean the top 24 

The Top 24 being chosen has been filmed in Hawaii for the last several seasons. We know that there is a taping at Disney resort in Feb. 2024 which is when the Top 24 is spoiled. Idol spoilers has been usually accurate for a long time. Last season, the Top 24 started being "spoiled" on Feb. 7th. Season 20's Top 24 was spoiled starting Feb. 11th. Basically, the Top 24 is officially chosen pretty close to usually Idol's premiere.

Edited by ptebwwong

4 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

The Top 24 being chosen has been filmed in Hawaii for the last several seasons. We know that there is a taping at Disney resort in Feb. 2024 which is when the Top 24 is spoiled. Idol spoilers has been usually accurate for a long time. Last season, the Top 24 started being "spoiled" on Feb. 7th. Season 20's Top 24 was spoiled starting Feb. 11th. Basically, the Top 24 is officially chosen pretty close to usually Idol's premiere.

Ok do you know any singers in the top 24? 

I think both mackenzie Sol and Blake Proehl are certain 

Only because of mackenzie latest story 

And few weeks back Blake and a female were talking about going disney. 

Aldo potentially hailey mia due to following the account. 

So far potentially 

MacKenzie Sol 

Blake Proehl 

Hailey Mia 

The Top 24 is chosen after the Showcase round is taped (so it has already been chosen). I think the reason we don't find out until February is because the Top 24 reveal is filmed in such a private setting with only the judges, Ryan, camera workers, and other contestants. Therefore spoilers will naturally be harder to get and we have to wait until contestants start publicly posting in Hawaii in February to see who made it.

On 12/22/2023 at 2:48 AM, Loe said:

speaking of which...where's jack at?

He actually competed on America's Got Talent: The Champions Season 2 (2020), but he didn't go far.

Presently he became a kind of reality show celebrity on Australia, appearing on shows like The Challenge, Ninja Warrior and Masked Singer.

34 minutes ago, olaui.hoho said:

Nya is amazing 😍YouTube video

Her performance of Whitney isn't karaoke -- she doesn't merely imitate Whitney's singing -- but I do hope that when she's on the show, that she doesn't just choose Whitney songs, but instead songs that she can flip so that they are diva songs even when they weren't.  In fact, I'd prefer that she avoids Whitney -- or Carrie, or Mariah altogether at the very least if she makes it to Hawaii, since people who sing Whitney, Carrie or Mariah songs are begging to be compared to the original and more often than not, the contestant tackling the song will come of second-best.  We Ani mostly managed to avoid coming off as second-best, but she still suffered as a result of choosing to sing Whitney close to the finale.

• Like 1