Al S21 Top 26 - Disney Resort Hawaii Pt 2 Discussion

istersay

Hmmm I actually really enjoyed Malik there. That was a really fun R&B take on "Ain't It Fun." I thought he sang it well and had great stage presence. :yes: Maybe he did too much with the song but I didn't really mind it.

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

Not the R&B version of Ain't It Fun. Paramore did not write this pop/rock masterpiece to have it be sung this way!!!! Malik sounded great tbh but I absolutely hate the arrangement.

Yeah I agree with this. Love the song I didn't care for his take on it. 

so excited for Olivia to perform ! insane song and honestly i respect her for it. contestnats on american idol taking on "emotions" and "lovin' you" adds so much more excited compared to contestants on the voice singing "if i ain't got you" and "lay me down" for the 15th time

• Like 3

Just now, StarWalker1 said:

It's not that its overdone or not ... its WAYYYYYY TO DAMN HARD AND HIGH TO SING

Hope she does good but that song is way too tough

yeah im stressed for her, she's a legend but there's a reason no one ever sings this song on singing competition songs... i'm manifesting she has her Nailyah moment though!

• Like 1

Emotions is one of my favorite uptempo Mariah song.Olivia has one of the best voices this season .

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

Has Emotions ever been sung in the live shows of either The Voice or Idol??? I feel like I've never seen anybody actually attempt to take on the song?

I can't really recall anyone singing it on Idol. 😮 

Olivia sounded really good . one of the best tonight.

OKAY MISS OLIVIA. :dead: 

Olivia done woke me up and captured my  attention with that. 😮 Loved the risky (barely done) song choice. I thought she delivered it vocally very well and had great fun and stage presence with that. Wow, loved that. And my favorite performance of the night so far! :omg: