Charlie Mason Voice S23 Reviews and Grades

istersay

The Voice Recap: The End of the Blinds Delivers One Singer an Inexplicable Diss

By Charlie Mason / March 21 2023, 6:59 PM PDT

NariYella (Team Chance), “One Night Only” — Grade: A- 

Grace West (Team Blake), “Maybe It Was Memphis” — Grade: B

Katie Beth Forakis (Team Kelly), “Ghost” — Grade: B-

Talia Smith (Team Niall), “Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing” — Grade: A

full reviews here https://tvline.com/2023/03/21/the-voice-recap-nariyella-grace-west-blind-auditions/

2 minutes ago, istersay said:

The Voice Recap: The End of the Blinds Delivers One Singer an Inexplicable Diss

By Charlie Mason / March 21 2023, 6:59 PM PDT

NariYella (Team Chance), “One Night Only” — Grade: A- 

Grace West (Team Blake), “Maybe It Was Memphis” — Grade: B

Katie Beth Forakis (Team Kelly), “Ghost” — Grade: B-

Talia Smith (Team Niall), “Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing” — Grade: A

full reviews here https://tvline.com/2023/03/21/the-voice-recap-nariyella-grace-west-blind-auditions/

I'd switch NariYella & Talia but that's a matter of personal taste.

Still no wacky grades from Charlie.

• Like 3

Just now, VintageVoice said:

I'd switch NariYella & Talia but that's a matter of personal taste.

Still no wacky grades from Charlie.

they both were good, not sure if a half grade makes too much difference. Waiting to see if he changes it up during battles lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nytsch said:

Ok, I do think that Talia grade is kinda questionable. Possibly my biggest disparity with him so far.

Still nothing that bad though.

I actually watched Talia’s audition after reading Charlie’s grade, and I thought he overhyped the audition. It was fine, but nothing too special, and definitely not my favorite of the episode

• Like 1

:lmao:the Headline

The Voice Recap: Bye-Bye, Save! Hello, 'Reward' No Contestant Would Want!

By Charlie Mason / March 27 2023, 6:59 PM PDT

Team Blake: Tasha Jessen (Grade: B ) defeated EJ Michels (Grade: A-) on “Tracks of My Tears” — EJ stolen by Niall

Team Chance: Jamar Langley (Grade: A) defeated Mariah Kalia (Grade: A) on “Gravity” 

Team Niall: Gina Miles (Grade: A) defeated Kala Banham (Grade: A-) on “Skinny Love” — Kala saved by Kelly

Team Kelly: Cait Martin (Grade: A-) defeated Allie Keck (Grade: B+) on “It Must Have Been Love” 

Team Blake: Walker Wilson (Grade: B-) defeated Kason Lester (Grade: C) on “Here Without You”

Team Chance: Sorelle (Grade: A-) defeated Manasseh Samone (Grade: A) on “Someone Like You” — Manasseh Playoff Pass’d to the Playoffs

Team Blake: Tasha Jessen (Grade: B) defeated EJ Michels (Grade: A-) on “Tracks of My Tears” — EJ stolen by Niall

Team Chance: Jamar Langley (Grade: A) defeated Mariah Kalia (Grade: A) on “Gravity” 

Team Niall: Gina Miles (Grade: A) defeated Kala Banham (Grade: A-) on “Skinny Love” — Kala saved by Kelly

Team Kelly: Cait Martin (Grade: A-) defeated Allie Keck (Grade: B+) on “It Must Have Been Love” 

Team Blake: Walker Wilson (Grade: B-) defeated Kason Lester (Grade: C) on “Here Without You”

Team Chance: Sorelle (Grade: A-) defeated Manasseh Samone (Grade: A) on “Someone Like You” — Manasseh Playoff Pass’d to the Playoffs

Can’t argue with most of these but I personally wouldn’t have given Mariah an A

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, istersay said:

Team Blake: Tasha Jessen (Grade: B) defeated EJ Michels (Grade: A-) on “Tracks of My Tears” — EJ stolen by Niall

lol that title

(and mostly accurate grades once again, has Charlie finally hired a ghostwriter to grade for him?)

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, istersay said:

Team Blake: Tasha Jessen (Grade: B defeated EJ Michels (Grade: A-) on “Tracks of My Tears” — EJ stolen by Niall

I think he's very generous with most of the grades. :dead:

• Like 1

So there was some cursive singing on Mariah’s BA but it didn’t bother me that much. Here though it was pretty bad imo 💀 maybe just not for me, but I’m not sure I would even give her part a B.

6 hours ago, nytsch said:

So there was some cursive singing on Mariah’s BA but it didn’t bother me that much. Here though it was pretty bad imo 💀 maybe just not for me, but I’m not sure I would even give her part a B.

Yeah I didn’t mind the cursive singing much in her audition but it was definitely worse here

• Like 1

The Voice Recap: Fan Favorite Sent Packing On Night 2 of the Battles

By Charlie Mason / March 28 2023, 6:58 PM PDT

Team Niall: Ross Clayton (Grade: B+) defeated Laura Littleton (Grade: C) on “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around”

Team Chance: Magnus (Grade: B ) defeated Alyssa Lazar (Grade: C+) on “Your Song”

Team Kelly: Marcos Covos (Grade: C+?) defeated Sheer Element (Grade: B+?) on “I Could Fall in Love” 

Team Blake: Kylee Dayne (Grade: B-) defeated Mary Kate Connor (Grade: B ) on “Anti-Hero” — Mary Kate Playoff Pass’d to the Playoffs

Charlie… you gave Mary Kate an A-for her audition but only a B here? And Kylee gets a lower grade than at least one person from every remaining battle for some reason, and also smack in the middle of Magnus and Alyssa

Also, I think Mary Kate earned that playoff pass and she was a lot better than Mariah this round

Edited by Cookie73

The Voice Recap: Fan Favorite Sent Packing On Night 2 of the Battles

By Charlie Mason / March 28 2023, 6:58 PM PDT

Team Niall: Ross Clayton (Grade: B+) defeated Laura Littleton (Grade: C) on “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around”

Team Chance: Magnus (Grade: B ) defeated Alyssa Lazar (Grade: C+) on “Your Song”

Team Kelly: Marcos Covos (Grade: C+?) defeated Sheer Element (Grade: B+?) on “I Could Fall in Love” 

Team Blake: Kylee Dayne (Grade: B-) defeated Mary Kate Connor (Grade: B) on “Anti-Hero” — Mary Kate Playoff Pass’d to the Playoffs

I'd bump Laura to a C+ and Kylee to a B, but not terrible grades-wise.

All this is doing is further confirming my "ghostwriter-for-grading" theory, honestly.