Charlie Mason Voice S23 Reviews and Grades

istersay

The Voice Season 23 Premiere Recap: Blake Shelton's Farewell Tour Begins — Plus, Grade the Rookie Coaches

By Charlie Mason / March 6 2023, 6:59 PM PST

Neil Salsich (Team Blake), “Honky Tonk Blues” — Grade: B+

Sorelle (Team Chance), “Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy” — Grade: B

Holly Brand (Team Kelly), “Mississippi Girl” — Grade: A-

Tasha Jessen (Team Blake), “River” — Grade: B+

Ross Clayton (Team Niall), “Blue Ain’t Your Color” — Grade: A-

Michael B. (Team Niall), “Save Your Tears” — Grade: C+

D. Smooth (Team Kelly), “Perfect” — Grade: C+

Alex Whalen (Team Blake), “Help Me Make It Through the Night” — Grade: B

NOIVAS (Team Chance), “A Change Is Gonna Come” — Grade: A

FULL REVIEWS HERE source

6 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Tasha is kinda being underrated imo, but we'll see how people vote :giggle:

I wish we could choose more than 1 though.

I thought she was pretty good

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Tasha is kinda being underrated imo, but we'll see how people vote :giggle:

I wish we could choose more than 1 though.

She definitely is based on the poll. Charlie’s grade for her was pretty accurate though, since I thought it was one of the better performances tonight. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, m1key said:

Is there a specific reason why this man's opinions are valued? 💀 I never really understood why there have been threads just for his grades so if someone could enlighten me that would be lovely!

Idk why specifically, but I think TVLine recaps are the most viewed, they always came up when I first started looking for recaps

I’m not sure if “value” is the right word to describe how I feel about his opinions lol, but I’m always interested to hear what he says

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Idk why specifically, but I think TVLine recaps are the most viewed, they always came up when I first started looking for recaps

I’m not sure if “value” is the right word to describe how I feel about his opinions lol, but I’m always interested to hear what he says

I’m honestly used to disagreeing with a lot of his opinions, which is why I was a bit shocked that he didn’t have any grades that I strongly disagreed with. I guess I find his grades entertaining, since I find them very fun to look at.

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, m1key said:

Is there a specific reason why this man's opinions are valued? 💀 I never really understood why there have been threads just for his grades so if someone could enlighten me that would be lovely!

i just find it entertaining to look at after + the idea of providing some "rating" for contestants in terms of grades is cool to me. also a boost of validation when he likes my favorite even though his grades r :whut: sometimes

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, m1key said:

They have been posted for years, it's no different from the old days of Idol when Michael Slezak's recaps and videos were posted after the episodes, he moved to entertainment site tvline a long time ago so I started looking for Voice recaps there. Then Charlie took over Voice recaps. Nobody is forced to click on it lol, it's just for fun :peace:

• Thanks 1

Voice Recap: Blast From the Past Stuns Kelly Clarkson as the Blinds Continue

By Charlie Mason / March 7 2023, 6:59 PM PST

Sheer Element (Team Kelly), “Leave the Door Open” — Grade: A

Carlos Rising (Team Blake), “Change the World” — Grade: C+

Magnus (Team Chance), “Sara Smile” — Grade: C

Kala Banham (Team Niall), “Both Sides Now” — Grade: A

Jimmy Fallon, “I Keep Forgettin’ (Every Time You’re Near)” | Ha. Hyping That’s My Jam by Blind Auditioning, the Tonight Show host did such a good Michael McDonald impression that Chance actually seemed to have been fooled. As synergistic promos go, this was a pretty good one. But we’d better not get extra abbreviated performances later because of this!

https://tvline.com/2023/03/07/the-voice-recap-sheer-element-jej-vinson-blind-auditions/

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I think they’re all within half a letter grade of what I would give them. A couple slight changes for me, but nothing too significant.

not too far off from what I would give them also

I feel like I've enjoyed D Smooth and Magnus more than most people lol, maybe it's just because I see the potential in them, they could do great with the right type of song it's just that their BA wasn't it imo. But I still heard good vocals in there.

I definitely agree with SE and Kala being the upper tier.

• Like 1

I’ve been reading Lyndsey Parker’s reviews as well, and I’ve actually agreed with Charlie more this season despite typically agreeing with Lyndsey more. Lyndsey criticized some of my favorite auditions so far and Charlie gave them pretty accurate grades.

• Like 1