Will Colin Stough run away with the win?

CandiceFan12

Will Colin Stough run away with the win?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is an Colin Stough win inevitable?

• Yes
    • No

Everywhere I look ...Colin's name comes over and over and over and over with no other name even mentioned...it's beginning to look like he might be one of the most inevitable winners ever...realistically, will Colin Stough just run away with the win???...I really hope he doesn't...

Edited by CandiceFan12

If he gets a bunch of NO votes here - which I expect he will - it means he Will Win.  This happens every season with these polls.  Overwhelming votes predicting a girl winner - and a guy ends up winning.  

But Colin wasn't bad.  He was better than most of the girls on the premiere.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

If he gets a bunch of NO votes here - which I expect he will - it means he Will Win.  This happens every season with these polls.  Overwhelming votes predicting a girl winner - and a guy ends up winning.  

There are still plenty of WGWG who are going to be shown and are in the Top 26. 

I think he could win. He ticks the boxes for who Idol voters typically vote for. I'm not sure he will run away with the vote. Even though there's been 3 country winners from ABC Idol, I don't think all of them won by a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Noah did, but I could see Chayce & Willie and Laine & Alejandro being at least somewhat close in votes.

However, I think Colin can't have another contestant in Zachariah also getting pretty far since they both are from Amory, Mississippi. I can't remember 2 potential contestants from the same season coming from the same small hometown who didn't audition together. I could see them appealing to some of the same voters & both being in the Top 10/12 finalists.

Edited by ptebwwong

Interesting that on one of Idol's promos that has been running.  They talked about the last 5 seasons and showed Gabby, Alejandro, Willie, Chayce, Noah.  Of course they completely ignored Maddie and Sam.  And we know why Laine was iced out. 

But they did show Tyson as well as 2 other female contestants from this season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Interesting that on one of Idol's promos that has been running.  They talked about the last 5 seasons and showed Gabby, Alejandro, Willie, Chayce, Noah.  Of course they completely ignored Maddie and Sam.  And we know why Laine was iced out. 

But they did show Tyson as well as 2 other female contestants from this season.

Adam Lambert had a banner at auditions. As well as Carrie, Kelly, and Jordin.

No Kris, Maddie, David Cook, Lee, Nick, Taylor, Trent, Scotty, Phillip, Candice, or Fantasia... Or even Noah??? But Gabby and Chayce had banners...

We know where Idol's bias lies after all these YEARS $$$$. lol

23 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Adam Lambert had a banner at auditions. As well as Carrie, Kelly, and Jordin.

No Kris, Maddie, David Cook, Lee, Nick, Taylor, Trent, Scotty, Phillip, Candice, or Fantasia... Or even Noah??? But Gabby and Chayce had banners...

We know where Idol's bias lies after all these YEARS $$$$. lol

In terms of success, there are lots of Idols that can rival Gabby and especially Chayce.  Even in the ABC era, there's Lauren Spencer Smith.  

• Thanks 1

I said no, and ptbewong gave me a good reason why Colin won't win when he mentioned Zachariah.  While I'm not sure Zachariah is country, he and Colin both come from the same town, both will probably get into the finals, and Zachariah is a better performer than Colin.  You have to have both singing and performing talent to get far and Colin doesn't have enough performing talent yet.  But the country base and the older housewives will take Colin pretty far nonetheless.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

The fact that he and Zachariah both come from the same town, it's not in the bag yet for Colin, there are still the middle rounds to go through. I think if they both make the final 5/4, colin could be eliminated. I think a female could win this season or Iam Tongi.

40 minutes ago, wgm said:

The fact that he and Zachariah both come from the same town, it's not in the bag yet for Colin, there are still the middle rounds to go through. I think if they both make the final 5/4, colin could be eliminated. I think a female could win this season or Iam Tongi.

Agreed.  We have to see how he and Zachariah will do in the middle rounds before we proclaim Colin as the winner.  And while I would prefer a female winner, I'd be fine with Iam Tongi winning.  As long as it's not someone who's cut from the same cloth as Noah, Chayce or even Laine.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wgm said:

I like Iam. But we have seen with ABC Idol that when it comes to voting many contestants who don't come from the Eastern or at least Central time zones are at a disadvantage. 

16 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I said no, and ptbewong gave me a good reason why Colin won't win when he mentioned Zachariah.  While I'm not sure Zachariah is country, he and Colin both come from the same town, both will probably get into the finals, and Zachariah is a better performer than Colin.  You have to have both singing and performing talent to get far and Colin doesn't have enough performing talent yet.  But the country base and the older housewives will take Colin pretty far nonetheless.

It's way too early to draw those conclusions.  Viewers do like the growth arc.  Colin actually is better than Laine Hardy.  And people here were all about Laine.  In as far as performing talent, Alejandro was way more versatile than Laine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

It's way too early to draw those conclusions.  Viewers do like the growth arc.  Colin actually is better than Laine Hardy.  And people here were all about Laine.  In as far as performing talent, Alejandro was way more versatile than Laine.

While I concede that viewers like the growth arc and Colin has Zachariah beat there, American Idol is first and foremost a singing competition and I still believe that Laine was better than Alejandro when it came to singing talent.

But I also believe that it's too early to say that Colin will run away with the whole thing.  Let's wait and see.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

18 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

While I concede that viewers like the growth arc and Colin has Zachariah beat there, American Idol is first and foremost a singing competition and I still believe that Laine was better than Alejandro when it came to singing talent.

Zach is also not a Country singer - and the Country vote will help Colin - as it did with Laine, Chayce, Noah. He's actually better than some of them.

Edited by mytake1

49 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Zach is also not a Country singer - and the Country vote will help Colin - as it did with Laine, Chayce, Noah. He's actually better than some of them.

thought that Zachariah might not be a country singer.  But there's another country singer in the Top 26 -- Marybeth.  She's probably Asian American, while Colin is white so that might hurt her and she's been on The Voice so she might not have the growth factor that Colin does, but if she's sweet and humble enough she could get past Colin.

In short, I do believe that Colin has a very good chance of winning -- unfortunately -- I don't think that a Colin win is inevitable, and not just because I don't want another singer like Noah (even if Colin is better than Noah).  I think that a Colin win isn't inevitable because it's still too early in the season and we need to see all the Top 26 auditions and see them (including Colin) in Hollywood before we can say that a Colin win is inevitable.

26 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I think that a Colin win isn't inevitable because it's still too early in the season and we need to see all the Top 26 auditions and see them (including Colin) in Hollywood before we can say that a Colin win is inevitable.

That works both ways - it also can't be automatically assumed he won't win.

That's why Polls like these serves no purpose at this point.  It's nothing more than Spamming and Trolling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

In short, I do believe that Colin has a very good chance of winning -- unfortunately -- I don't think that a Colin win is inevitable, and not just because I don't want another singer like Noah (even if Colin is better than Noah).  I think that a Colin win isn't inevitable because it's still too early in the season and we need to see all the Top 26 auditions and see them (including Colin) in Hollywood before we can say that a Colin win is inevitable.

I think this depends how much you think Hollywood & the live rounds matter for some fans/voters. I think some people once they see someone they like an audition will vote for them throughout the season. They've found their favorite & some years I don't know if it matters the contestant has great performances because they can "coast" on their fanbase. I've seen a good amount of social media comments about Colin and how he's their favorite, who they are voting for, who they want to win, etc. Do you believe these people have already made up their minds? I think a good amount have. I remember the same reaction after Noah's audition aired online. I think other contestants over the years especially other WGWG's had that same reaction from fans. As long as they don't "tank" in the live rounds, many of them will get far. They have fanbases that are let's say extremely passionate.

23 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I think this depends how much you think Hollywood & the live rounds matter for some fans/voters. I think some people once they see someone they like an audition will vote for them throughout the season. They've found their favorite & some years I don't know if it matters the contestant has great performances because they can "coast" on their fanbase. I've seen a good amount of social media comments about Colin and how he's their favorite, who they are voting for, who they want to win, etc. Do you believe these people have already made up their minds? I think a good amount have. I remember the same reaction after Noah's audition aired online. I think other contestants over the years especially other WGWG's had that same reaction from fans. As long as they don't "tank" in the live rounds, many of them will get far. They have fanbases that are let's say extremely passionate.

Noah was well received after his audition, but what sealed the deal was his Showcase round performance of "Stay." The show knew they could now push the narrative of "he doesn't just do country, he can do pop too!" and obviously Team Minivan ate that up. If that performance didn't happen at that moment, his trajectory could've looked different and I'm not sure he would've been able to secure the win at the end of the day (especially since he was competing against HunterGirl who production was seemingly pushing more and was also a country singer.) Performances, and the edit in general, definitely still matter throughout Hollywood and the lives. 

24 minutes ago, m1key said:

Noah was well received after his audition, but what sealed the deal was his Showcase round performance of "Stay." The show knew they could now push the narrative of "he doesn't just do country, he can do pop too!" and obviously Team Minivan ate that up. If that performance didn't happen at that moment, his trajectory could've looked different and I'm not sure he would've been able to secure the win at the end of the day (especially since he was competing against HunterGirl who production was seemingly pushing more and was also a country singer.) Performances, and the edit in general, definitely still matter throughout Hollywood and the lives. 

Yes, the show's edits matter. However, to be honest how often do we see a country male with not a good edit? Noah, Chayce, Laine, even Caleb before his DQ had good edits. I think it's rare.

My point is that I think a good amount of fans/voters know the type & style of contestant they like. There's a reason "Will Colin win" is already a question. It's because the Idol audience likes country/country adjacent males. Noah's non-country performances helped. But I wouldn't be surprised if he won handily & I still think he would have won had he not sang "Stay." I think the country voters would have still stuck with him.

25 minutes ago, CandiceFan12 said:

Agreed. Noah was the clear frontrunner to win last season after Kenedi withdrew lol.

The show liked Kenedi, but she was never the clear front runner with voters.  The Idol demographics worked against her.  And she knew that.  Just liked it work against Huntergirl, who was more experienced.

If people are already probing as to whether Colin will win after only 1 episode - he is an obvious threat.  

Edited by mytake1

36 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

The show liked Kenedi, but she was never the clear front runner with voters.  The Idol demographics worked against her.  And she knew that. 

Kenedi's virality was unprecedented for the ABC era, so we really can't predict if she would've ended up being another pop girl who falls short of winning, or if she genuinely would've had a shot at taking home the crown. She had a lot of followers that she gained after her audition and also a large TikTok following. 

Also, wdym by "and she knew that"? Like, do you think that is why she quit the show?

5 hours ago, mytake1 said:

That works both ways - it also can't be automatically assumed he won't win.

That's why Polls like these serves no purpose at this point.  It's nothing more than Spamming and Trolling.

Ver\y true.  I'm not assuming that Colin will win, and I'm not assuming that he won't win.  So we should end the discussion now.  It's just too early to tell who will win, even if Colin has a very strong chance.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

57 minutes ago, m1key said:

Kenedi's virality was unprecedented for the ABC era, so we really can't predict if she would've ended up being another pop girl who falls short of winning, or if she genuinely would've had a shot at taking home the crown. She had a lot of followers that she gained after her audition and also a large TikTok following. 

Also, wdym by "and she knew that"? Like, do you think that is why she quit the show?

She had to come to conclusion that there were more cons than pros for continuing with the show.

It's free to follow someone on social media, but it's another for people to spend their hard earn money to buy music, see live shows.

Maddie Poppe said that once they were no longer on TV, social media activity from fans began to fade.

• Like 1