AI21 Top 26 Group Assignments

Idol Maniac

• 1 month later...

Just for fun… a super early prediction. 

I’m assuming three people will be eliminated from each group, so here’s my guesses. 

Group 1: Female bloodbath. Elise, Emma, and Nailyah go home. 

Group 2: Dawson, Malik, and either Paige/Hannah/Nutsa. I’m gonna go with Hannah right now. 

Just my prediction too

Group 1 ~ Emma, Nailyah, Pjae

Group 2 ~ Hannah, Nutsa, and one of Dawson or Malik but if they get shown in Hollywood and gain more supporters it may be another name (* Cade Foehner's audition was never aired in S16 and he made Top 5)

Edited by jazzontherocks
I mispelled a contestant name

10 hours ago, jazzontherocks said:

They already didn’t show certain Top 26 contestants this week (both Hollywood nights for some or just one performance for the others) so I feel like the producers may not want them to get the votes. 

And because they didn’t do that, I’m revising my list:

Group 1:  Elise, Nailyah (sadly) and either PJAE or Emma.

Group 2:  Dawson, Malik and Michael.

7 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

And because they didn’t do that, I’m revising my list:

Group 1:  Elise, Nailyah (sadly) and either PJAE or Emma.

Group 2:  Dawson, Malik and Michael.

Revising my list as well, and it's similar to yours. Sad about Nailyah. Elise's chance of making it is higher with the airing. Nailyah, Michael and Dawson may still dodge a bullet and make it to Top 20, but I fear they may land in the bottom after that and will only get through if they get wildcarded.

1 minute ago, jazzontherocks said:

Revising my list as well, and it's similar to yours. Sad about Nailyah. Elise's chance of making it is higher with the airing. Nailyah, Michael and Dawson may still dodge a bullet and make it to Top 20, but I fear they may land in the bottom after that and will only get through if they get wildcarded.

Good point about Elise’s chances being higher thanks to a good duet with Matt but I still think that she has a huge hole to climb out of and I fear that the hole is too big for her.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Good point about Elise’s chances being higher thanks to a good duet with Matt but I still think that she has a huge hole to climb out of and I fear that the hole is too big for her.

Agreed. Did they ever show Colin's duet by the way? I may have missed him if he was shown. I did see Warren being aired both nights. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, jazzontherocks said:

Agreed. Did they ever show Colin's duet by the way? I may have missed him if he was shown. I did see Warren being aired both nights. Thanks.

Didn’t show Warren Night 1, didn’t show Colin Night 2 I believe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current thoughts (sitting in the airport at the moment and I'm bored!)

Group 1

- Pretty confident with Pjae and Nailyah going home.

- Final spot will likely be one of Elise or Emma. Their Top 26 song choices are two completely different types of performance's (Elise is going uptempo and Emma is doing a power ballad) so it's hard to tell who will benefit. I saw clips of both performances and thought Emma sounded better but idk how Minivan will feel. 

Group 2

- Pretty confident with Malik going home.

- I think Dawson is also going home. Maybe if he gets a good showcase edit things could change, but his Hawaii performance is a very experimental Billie Eillish song which will not bode well for him most likely.

- Final spot is between Nutsa and Michael. Again, both of them are serving completely different types of performances. While Nutsa has gotten a somewhat negative edit thus far, she has gotten a lot of screen time and is way more memorable than Michael. That being said, Michael left a really good impression in auditions. If he serves good performances in both Showcase and Hawaii it could be over for Nutsa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisaba said:

or Paige Anne. She hasnt really been memorable so far.

Perhaps! I think she will actually have a breakout moment in Hawaii with her performance of Wrecking Ball (there was footage of her rehearsing and she sounded amazing.)  

However, if that doesn't happen and she gets a lackluster edit in both Showcase and Hawaii, she could be at risk.

On 3/27/2023 at 10:30 PM, Carrie_On said:

Just for fun… a super early prediction. 

I’m assuming three people will be eliminated from each group, so here’s my guesses. 

Group 1: Female bloodbath. Elise, Emma, and Nailyah go home. 

Group 2: Dawson, Malik, and either Paige/Hannah/Nutsa. I’m gonna go with Hannah right now. 

I don’t think Hannah will be going home any time soon now lol. I can see her being the last girl standing, actually. She really connects with people. I think Paige will go home. 

Edited by Carrie_On

42 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I don’t think Hannah will be going home any time soon now lol. I can see her being the last girl standing, actually. She really connects with people. I think Paige will go home. 

I don’t think that Hannah will be the last girl standing, but I do believe that she won’t be eliminated in the Top 26 round after her last two performances in Hollywood.  Michael, Nutsa and Paige Anne are all in danger of being eliminated alongside Malik and (probably) Dawson.