โ™ซ โ™ช ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—™๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ โ™ช โ™ซ

RTV

12 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Graceโ€™s recent social media makes it pretty clear she sees herself in the country lane. If sheโ€™s trying to build a career, contacts, and a fan base being true to the artist she wants to be after the show is her best bet.

ย 

Country is also friendlier to girls now than it was a few years ago, and there are more ways to break out then radioย 

Exactly, and she already has a support system, and is only 19 years old. She has a lot of time.ย 

• Like 2

I agree about Grace staying in the country lane if she's decided she wants a career in country music. But if a different genre is required due to theme/fan week/TPTB, she can just put her country twist on the song. I hope they allow Grace to play guitar for her performances. She's very good at that, too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

The thing is, that video is a few years old, and she used to sing a lot of different genres. Maybe she still does, but the covers she posts online have been country for a long time, with the exception of an occasional James Taylor. I actually donโ€™t mind seeing a little genre versatility, but maybe not too much on The Voice for a country singer. โ€œFire & Rainโ€ would probably be safe.ย ย 

ย 

Yeah for sure, not necessarily saying she should do something like that on the show. I just wouldn't have thought of it for her, but it fits her style and tone pretty well imo.

ย 

4 hours ago, RTV said:

I agree about Grace staying in the country lane if she's decided she wants a career in country music. But if a different genre is required due to theme/fan week/TPTB, she can just put her country twist on the song. I hope they allow Grace to play guitar for her performances. She's very good at that, too.

ย 

I remember Lana did that for Challenge week with TOTGA, I guess a lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was fine and she didn't end up in the bottom 3 anyway. It made sense to me, it may not be a country song but it is a storytelling song and she leaned into that aspect of it. Grace has plenty of covers drawing from other genres, even if they're mostly old covers, so I think she should be fine.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Exactly, and she already has a support system, and is only 19 years old. She has a lot of time.ย 

True. Grace is a remarkably good singer, songwriter, and guitar player to be only 19 years of ageโ€”and she'll continue to improve.

ย 

Grace will need that support system if she makes it to the voting rounds, but it seems her Michigan community will be there for her.

ย 

I certainly hope TPTB aren't planning three weeks of lives this season. It doesn't give fans many performances to enjoy or casual viewers enough time to become invested in the contestants.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nytsch said:

ย 

Yeah for sure, not necessarily saying she should do something like that on the show. I just wouldn't have thought of it for her, but it fits her style and tone pretty well imo.

ย 

ย 

I remember Lana did that for Challenge week with TOTGA, I guess a lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was fine and she didn't end up in the bottom 3 anyway. It made sense to me, it may not be a country song but it is a storytelling song and she leaned into that aspect of it. Grace has plenty of covers drawing from other genres, even if they're mostly old covers, so I think she should be fine.

Yeahโ€ฆI know where youโ€™re coming from. Iโ€™m not really concerned about it, assuming sheโ€™s with one of the two coaches whoโ€™ve won multiple times with country singers. They generally keep them in their lane, and they understand what the audience likes.ย 
ย 

I added you.

I listened to Grace's TikTok covers again and still can't choose a favorite. The songs by Randy Travis, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Morgan Wallen, James Taylor, Patsy Cline, Reba McEntire, and Miranda Lambert seem to be a good fit for her voice. I love her lower register.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RTV said:

I listened to Grace's TikTok covers again and still can't choose a favorite. The songs by Randy Travis, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Morgan Wallen, James Taylor, Patsy Cline, Reba McEntire, and Miranda Lambert seem to be a good fit for her voice. I love her lower register.

Since sheโ€™s posted 92 covers on TikTok, and who knows how many other songs sheโ€™s covered that arenโ€™t on there (probably a lot), and Blake is in his 24th season of dominating with country singers, I trust theyโ€™ll come up with some good choices.ย All of those covers she posted is good training for a competition like this.ย 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

She made it through! Awesome. Iโ€™ll have to listen to the song choice because Iโ€™m not familiar with it. Is it upbeat? A ballad?

ย 

Ballad, although I'm admittedly just familiar with the Carrie version. Has some nice soaring vocals on the chorus.

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

She made it through! Awesome. Iโ€™ll have to listen to the song choice because Iโ€™m not familiar with it. Is it upbeat? A ballad?

Mary Sarah sang it in the semi-final. Remember when they made her sign a large portion of the song behind a curtain, so we couldnโ€™t see her?ย 
ย 

ย 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 2:22 AM, FloorWax said:

It's one of only four covers Grace posted twice on TikTok, and she sounds great on it.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

Grace's TikTok covers of "I Told You So" by Randy Travis were posted here, but the two videos are no longer viewable because both were removed from her TikTok account on 02/01/23.
Edited by RTV

4 minutes ago, RTV said:

Who do you think will be paired with Grace for the knockout round?

No idea.ย 
ย 

Incidentally, of the song choices we know about, that was the only country song. There are one or two more who may have, but weโ€™ll see. Nobody else on Team Blake did.ย 

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

No idea.ย 

I hope it's not Neil, because he's my other favorite this season and I'd like for both to win their knockouts. Walker has some country covers on TikTok. I don't know anything about Kylee. Tasha and NOIVAS don't seem likely to me.

15 minutes ago, RTV said:

Who do you think will be paired with Grace for the knockout round?

ย 

Kylee has like a soft indie pop thing going on, so maybe her? Marykate, the most obvious partner for her, went straight to the Playoffs. I think Neil will be paired with Walker to clear that lane.

ย 

No way in hell sheโ€™ll be paired with Noivas.

• Thanks 1