Poll: S20 vs S21 vs S22

Gustavo527

S20 vs S21 vs S22  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which season had better auditions?

2. 2. Which season had better battles?

3. 3. Which season had better KO's?

One for each.

Blinds - S21. Lots of inmediate standouts. 

Battles - S22 had the most consistent round. S21´s first week was strong, the second one dragged. S20´s were pretty weak for the most part.

KOs- S20, no brainer. To me, the strongest KO season we´ve had in recent memory by far. Episode 2 alone gets it there.

Without rewatching everything I’m probably suffering from bad memory on some of these, but I think it would be:

BAs: S21 (wasn’t really close imo)

Battles: S21, although 22 had some good standouts too. S20 is a far 3rd.

KOs: S20, standouts in pretty much every pairing. With a few exceptions S22 was just predictable and boring, so they shouldn’t do that format again.

Ok, in my opinión 

Auditions: S20 had some really good ones. Episode 1 and Episode 5 were gold for me. The other ones, tho, not so much, but still solid. S21 didn't really had any particular episode that stand out, but every episode managed to have some really great, memorable auditions, so i'll go with S21. I won't even consider S22 for this one, tragic. 

Battles: Battles were for S20 which auditions were for S22, tragic except for some standouts. S21 had some really good ones but after the second week they

indeed,  started to decline on quality. S22 also had some flops but overall i think there were more standouts from this season overall, so i'll go with S22 (Yes, S22, you did one thing right i guess)

Knockouts: this is supposed to be the round with more standouts and S22 managed to ruin that, flop after flop 👎, i'm not even a fan of Kique but i'd go as far as saying that he managed to bring something really good and memorable from that bunch of boring performances. S20 and S21 on the other hand, freaking top tier performances on both of them, hard to pick, but S20 had Pia's "WTWNN", Dana's "Nutbush City Limits", Corey's "Already Gone", Ryleigh's "Use Somebody", Cam's "Feeling Good", Gihanna's "Glitter In The Air", Anna's "If I Die Young", Rachel's "Foolish Games", Zae's "Electric Love" and even Kenzie managed to give a great performance singing bro-country (Also, Savanna slayed it despite being robbed). S20, for me, is the gold standard when it comes down to KO's.  

So, it would go this way 

Auditions:

S21 >>>> S20 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> S22 

Battles 

S22 >>> S21 >>>>>>>>>> S20 

KO's 

S20 >>> S21 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S22

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I might have to rewatch them but am I the only who remembers S20’s battle round being unusually strong? OTOH I thought S22 had no standouts whatsoever

For me it was more about song choice, in S20 even my favorites got weird songs for the battles, I don't know why the coaches did that.

I liked S22 because there were some artists coming to the forefront who hadn't been on my radar from BAs, like Justin, Devix, Rowan, and Alyssa

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

I might have to rewatch them but am I the only who remembers S20’s battle round being unusually strong? OTOH I thought S22 had no standouts whatsoever

Yes, you are   

I thought S22 had many standouts but to each their own, i guess 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Misirlou said:

One for each.

Battles - S22 had the most consistent round. S21´s first week was strong, the second one dragged. S20´s were pretty weak for the most part.

KOs- S20, no brainer. To me, the strongest KO season we´ve had in recent memory by far. Episode 2 alone gets it there.

Yup, MTE. S21 had extremely strong first battle and KO episodes but the rounds dipped from there. S22 and S20 respectively were more consistently excellent.

Edited by FloorWax

21 hours ago, Misirlou said:

One for each.

Season 20 episode 2 I thought almost all the non-montaged knockout winners and Rio and Zae were just flawless, including Kenzie’s! I even thought Avery’s was super solid! Connor had the wrong song choice but a respectably good voice nonetheless!

Edited by Jaffy

Auditions- S21 > S22 > S20 (21 had a lot of depth, 22 was hit and miss and 20 wasn’t that strong in the auditions)

Battles- S22 > S21 > S20 (battles in 22 and 21 were both great but 22 had so many good battles that didn’t even result in a steal)

Knockouts- S20 > S21 > S22 (20 had many great Knockouts, 21 had some really good ones, and not many knockouts from 22 are that memorable)