Is 'Dream On - Amanda Brown" the best performance (by a female contestant) in the history of this show?

Hamza Tufail

Choose the most appropriate option  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Yes
    • Tied with...
    • Nah

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

With all due respect, saying that Maelyn is popular only because of her tone can sound, sort of dismissive, you know? She may not have a lot of power but re-listening to her performances, i get the impression that she was always pitch-perfect on the show. She hit every single note with ease, effortlessly. Yes, having perfect pitch is something that probably required less work for her than for the powerhouses with all the marvelous vocal tricks they do, but, how many contestants (powerhouses or not) has managed to be pitch-perfect on all of their performances during the show? Probably very few. I'm not an expert on this topic, at all, in fact, i don't know literally nothing about vocals, but this is just my humble opinion based on what my ears tell me. 

Also, i was watching a video of a vocal coach praising her vocal intonation.  What i get from what the vocal coach said, is that she didn't just sang, she used vocal techniques to embellish every song , to give "colors" to the songs, and it worked wonderfully, if you ask me. She may not have a lot of power, but that woman knows how to use her voice. And all of that is part of her appeal. 

Here is the video, as i already said, i'm not an expert at all, but let's consult one: 

lol no i love maelyn, she’s one of the best contestants on the show. but she doesn’t have the power / range of most powerhouses so i don’t get the comparison

10 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Naw....because this happened.

Oh how did I forget this? Definitely need to get more recognition. Can't believe she did not win that season.

Edited by Ottoxxx

I dont think it's even the best female powerhouse performance.

Maybe on a technical level and more specifically in terms of reaching the highest belted note? But I prefer Tessanee's "bridge over troubled water" and Kyla's "one night only". Just off the top of my head.

11 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

lol no i love maelyn, she’s one of the best contestants on the show. but she doesn’t have the power / range of most powerhouses so i don’t get the comparison

It's valid, but by saying that her tone is the only reason she is popular, it sounds like you are not giving her enough credit for her actual vocal ability

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I dont think it's even the best female powerhouse performance.

Maybe on a technical level and more specifically in terms of reaching the highest belted note? But I prefer Tessanee's "bridge over troubled water" and Kyla's "one night only". Just off the top of my head.

did she hit a higher note on "here i go again" though?

3 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

With all due respect, saying that Maelyn is popular only because of her tone can sound, sort of dismissive, you know? She may not have a lot of power but re-listening to her performances, i get the impression that she was always pitch-perfect on the show. She hit every single note with ease, effortlessly. Yes, having perfect pitch is something that probably required less work for her than for the powerhouses with all the marvelous vocal tricks they do, but, how many contestants (powerhouses or not) has managed to be pitch-perfect on all of their performances during the show? Probably very few. I'm not an expert on this topic, at all, in fact, i don't know literally nothing about vocals, but this is just my humble opinion based on what my ears tell me. 

Also, i was watching a video of a vocal coach praising her vocal intonation.  What i get from what the vocal coach said, is that she didn't just sang, she used vocal techniques to embellish every song , to give "colors" to the songs, and it worked wonderfully, if you ask me. She may not have a lot of power, but that woman knows how to use her voice. And all of that is part of her appeal. 

Here is the video, as i already said, i'm not an expert at all, but let's consult one: 

Tara said Maelyn uses her Technique to create Magic and give colors to the songs. I think everyone agrees on this. None of us have said she's not a great vocalist, as a matter of fact, I also have her in the top 10. I think QueenCami talked about power, range, runs, and other technical stuff. If some don't think she's on par with someone like Tessanne or Kyla, then that doesn't mean she's not amazing.

Btw, Tara is an amazing coach. Probably one of the best that I know.  :thumbs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

did she hit a higher note on "here i go again" though?

Probably. If I'm being honest I don't remember her other performances that well.

But in general I think Amanda is in contention with highest belts on the show.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Lol I just turned vpn on and found out that this video is also unavailable in US. :haha:

• Haha 1