Season 21's predictions (pre-spoilers)

CandiceFan12

Predictions for Season 21  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many girls will make it to the finale?

• 1, and she will be the winner
    • 1 in the runner-up place
    • 1 in 3rd place
    • 2, but the last as the runner-up
    • 3 (highly unlikely, but ok)
  2. 2. AI21 Male or female winner this season?

• Male
    • Female
  3. 3. Which genre will win?

• Country
    • R&B
    • Pop
    • Rock
    • Other

I think last season, the plan was to have Kenedi win until she dropped out. She was a young, marketable pop girl who had the most viral audition of the ABC era. The real question is if she ACTUALLY would've won, which in retrospect, I don't think she would've. Her perfection, in terms of her vocals, her life story, and her looks, would've probably ended up hurting her against more vulnerable and "realistic" artists like Noah and HunterGirl. I do think she would've made the finale though. 

It feels like I've been saying this for years now, but if Idol wants a female winner, it needs to be a cute, bubbly, humble, "girl next door" type with an emotional story. People doubt Just Sam's win because of the Covid year, but her personality, story, and vocals make sense to me as to why she won. I'm picturing a less over-the-top, more "traditional" version of Leah Marlene for this season's winner. 

ANYWAYS, my prediction is that a country/indie/folk/country adjacent female will win the season against 2 men 🙂 Speaking it into existence I hope! 

Edited by m1key

If people are predicting a girl is going to win, because the girls are stronger - which is what is said every season -  it means a guy will. 

And he will come in the form of Noah Thompson 2.0, who was Chayce Beckham 2.0, who was Laine Hardy 2.0.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mytake1 said:

If people are predicting a girl is going to win, because the girls are stronger - which is what is said every season -  it means a guy will. 

And he will come in the form of Noah Thompson 2.0, who was Chayce Beckham 2.0, who was Laine Hardy 2.0.

So, Noah Thompson is just Laine Hardy 3.0??

12 hours ago, m1key said:

It feels like I've been saying this for years now, but if Idol wants a female winner, it needs to be a cute, bubbly, humble, "girl next door" type with an emotional story. People doubt Just Sam's win because of the Covid year, but her personality, story, and vocals make sense to me as to why she won.

Just Sam won because the East Coast, where she is from, was the only time zone that aired the entire finale live that year.   Arthur Gunn was from the Mid-West.  And the winner was already announced by the time the show aired in the West Coast where Francisco Martin, Jonny West, Dillon James were from.

But what happened to her after was a nightmare.  She said she ended up paying a lot of money to get out of her Idol contract, and eventually went back to busking on the Subway.  The show basically has ignored her since.  She has never released any music through the label or has been invited back on Idol to perform.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 7:36 AM, mytake1 said:

Just Sam won because the East Coast, where she is from, was the only time zone that aired the entire finale live that year.   Arthur Gunn was from the Mid-West.  And the winner was already announced by the time the show aired in the West Coast where Francisco Martin, Jonny West, Dillon James were from.

But what happened to her after was a nightmare.  She said she ended up paying a lot of money to get out of her Idol contract, and eventually went back to busking on the Subway.  The show basically has ignored her since.  She has never released any music through the label or has been invited back on Idol to perform.

Her being from the East Zone is just one reason why Just Sam won, not the only one.  Don't forget the relatable back story that pulled on the heartstrings.

Anyway, I still have hope that a girl will win this season.

On 1/1/2023 at 6:43 PM, CarmenSandiego said:

Her being from the East Zone is just one reason why Just Sam won, not the only one.  Don't forget the relatable back story that pulled on the heartstrings.

Anyway, I still have hope that a girl will win this season.

But her back story wasn't enough for viewers to continue to invest in her after the show.  There's a discussion that she is now working at Starbucks.

5 hours ago, mytake1 said:

But her back story wasn't enough for viewers to continue to invest in her after the show.  There's a discussion that she is now working at Starbucks.

Yeah I just checked her TikTok out and she is posting videos of her singing at the Starbucks too💀

Do I think Idol/the record label screwed Sam over? Yes. However, I think Sam deserves some accountability as well for not trying to promote herself in ANY way after her season. Maddie Poppe has had little support from Idol after the release of her debut album, but she has continued to tour and release music on her own. Sam has seemingly made no efforts to keep fans interested. That being said, we also don't know the full story, so 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2