Thoughts on season 22 so far…

VoiceSelf12

We’re basically half way through the season and tbh this season seems to be so polarizing to some of idf users while others tend to like this season. Give your opinion on this season so far and if you don’t want to it’s okay! Just give your thoughts so far and if you think it is gonna get better.  

My thoughts i’m actually enjoying this season and it has potential to be as good as last season. The top 16 is insane. So many different artists and many interesting artists. Let’s hear your thoughts folks!

Way too many artists, which caused the blinds to be slower and sloppier than several other seasons. Battles were really good and a huge improvement for many. Knockouts so far have been a stepdown from battles, but still good, and so far everyone who has advanced I find deserving.

The lives have potential. The Top 16 is pretty solid, and we´ll see how it ends now that a LOT of fat has been trimmed. It could finish strong, or keep the blinds level. We´ll see.

Edited by Misirlou

For the Blinds, there were just too many performances to get through, many of them being below average. That's bound to happen with a cast this big.

The battle round was one of the most consistently good battle rounds we've had tbh.

KOs so far... I expected more but I still have hope for the lives. There are some great singers this season but I feel like the song choices haven't been exciting.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

The Top 16 is solid and pretty diverse than usual, but the increased team size forced NBC to pad episodes and montage so much people, killing the rhythm of the show. The prelives really felt like Idol at times, and I never liked that aspect of Idol. 

I truly think we won't be hearing so much grumbling from IDF if we downsized to 48, cut a blind episode, and returned to regular KOs.

Edited by Teraginn

Some more thoughts now that the floodgate in my brain is open....

The S22 prelives have dragged on for so long that to create hype/investment for the show, IDF had to rely on comments made by spoiler sources or what they heard from artists on social media. And the minute that the artists did not meet that hype, IDF gets dissatisfied and pissy. Granted, this has always been a cyclical problem with IDF ever since spoilers were a thing, it just got amplified this season because of the long break + terrible editing.

I think that once we get to lives, and we get invested in the artists because of what they put out that week (instead of what a random audience/IDF member hyped up months ago), IDF will have a much more pleasant watching experience. Provided that the Top 16 can sing live, of course. 

Edited by Teraginn

If I'm being honest I'm really enjoying this season so far but I feel like there were too many artists and I would prefer a top 48 or top 40. Some nights are underwhelming. The rehearsals are fine but at the same time it kinda drags on too long causing some people to get montaged. I think the montages were the worst this season because I feel like many of us wanted to hear more and we didn't get the chance to hear some sing at all which is unfair to them. I felt bad for them not being given the chance to sing from what we saw. I try not to read spoilers at all unless it's just names of contestants so I get impressed easily when it comes to certain artists and we do have our own favorites we just latch onto and have our preferences. Not everyone is our cup of tea. I hope they go back to a normal season. I've always liked the two steals each in the battles and one steal and one save in the knockouts the best. More live shows would be great so I would prefer if two people go home each week until top 5 finale. I don't mind a top 5 finale at all since it gives a fifth person one more shot. I'm sure the lives will be better as long as they are given the right songs. They should be allowed to pick whatever songs they want but TPTP won't let that I guess. It's still an overall great season with a lot of talent. They just need the right songs that fits their styles. 

• 3 weeks later...

Going back and watching the prelives of previous seasons it's even more noticeable how weak this seasons was.

A good measure of how a season holds up to others is to ask yourself if your favourite performance in a round would measure up against your favourites from other seasons..

I'm not sure Parijita's blind or Kique's KO, the 2 highest ranked performances in their rounds, even make my top 3 blinds/ko in most seasons.

So far though? The lives have exceeded expectations. Playoffs was not a pitchy wreck like it usually is, and imo some of the contestants have delivered their best performances of the season live so far which tbh, is pretty uncommon due to the pitch correction and autotune help that prelive performances receive.

If the right people go through, and the quality of performances is maintained, I think this season has potential to have some of the best lives from more recent seasons (thinking season 11 and beyond) At the moment, I can only put S22 and S13 clearly ahead when everyone was at this point in the lives. (S18 stacks up well too but it wasn't really "live")

Let's see how the rest of the lives go though, but so far, it's been great.

• Like 1

I think we all have lowered expectations for the lives and because the pre-lives (except Battles) were so underwhelming, our expectations this season were even lower. Not saying the lives rn aren’t good, but it definitely benefits from our collective disappointment with everything that came before it lol

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

Team Blake’s power is off the charts atm and they have by far the weakest team in terms of talent/quality of their performances, which is usually the recipe of a bad season. Luckily Blake’s frontrunner is Bodie so we will probably get a good winner no matter which team wins.

So far I would give it a 6/10. Cool cast, arguably more interesting than the last one, and the lives have been better than the pre-lives, but the performances throughout the season have been underwhelming for the most part. 

I think the lives so far are good, however only a few really stand out so far. 

And while Blake does have 4 members(that some argue shouldn't all be here) its not like anyone else who left so far is great either.(Kate was lowkey robbed though, although even she could have been a bit better in the chorus')

Looking like Parijita, Morgan, Bodie, Justin will carry this season, and a good chance all will make the Finale tbh(at least the first 3)

Edited by QueenMae16