Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Uzo Aduba

26download-superJumbo-v2.jpg

I'm aware of Uzo Aduba's career and all her current success but I haven't watched anything she's been on and I have a lot of favorites on this group of nominations. Uzo is most known for her role on Orange is the New Black, a role that has brought a lot of acclaim from critics and acting awards. She has won two Emmys and two SAG awards from her role. She also appeared on the mini-series Mrs. America for which she also got an Emmy and a Critic Choice Awards. She is clearly very talented so I should definitely check some of her films or series. Some of her films include American Pastoral, Candy Jar, Miss Virginia and Lightyear. She also starred on Broadway in the play Clyde for which she got a Tony Award. Sorry to any fans out there.

Saving Steve Carell

Breaking Bad GIF by Maudit

Active for over 50 years, Giancarlo Esposito has appeared in many movies and televisions but if you had to ask me if I could name at the top of my head without the help of Wikipedia, I wouldn't be able to do that; Neither would I be able to point out who he is in a crowd of actors as I am unfamiliar with his works.  If you're a fan of Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul, you may know him for his portrayal of Gus Fring - I have never seen the show so I cannot comment on his acting but it does seem that he's one of the highlights of Better Call Caul.  You may also know him from a police drama called Homicide : Life on the Street that aired between 1998 - 1999 - or maybe Wally was the only one old enough to remember that show :giggle:; As well as Once Upon a TIme where he played the Magic Mirror - oh, I did see him in something but had no clue that it was him, as well as Dear White People, The Boys, and The Mandalorian - all three are popular shows that I haven't watched.  In term of movies, he has appeared in a few of Spike Lee Films including Malcolm X, as well as appearing in other movies such as King of New York, Ali, Last Holiday, Rabbit Hole, and Maze Runner. There's no denying that he is a great actor but he's unfortunately one that I am not familiar with nor attached to so he was an easy cut on my end. 

SAVING:  LAURIE METCALFE

Edited by *Chris

12 minutes ago, .Rei said:

there's no game.. I posted without seeing your post

feel free to cut him if u want

I mean that I won't be arguing over it :haha: 

You can still save him - I have both of my other write-ups done. Just trying to get them posted with IDF being slow / having bunch of issues.

Paul Newman

Paul_Newman_-_1958.jpg

I'm not too familiar with the filmography of Paul Newman. I assumed he was a sort of legend in the old cinema times but I prefer to keep actors whose films I've watched. Paul Newman had an extensive career spawned over almost 7 decades. His first role was on the movie The Silver Chalice in 1954 and his last film was The Mater and the Ghostlight on 2006, a short-film set in the Cars universe. His voice would be used on the Cars III movie, several years later after his death. Paul Newman was an Oscar darling, receiving one nominations for Best Actor and one for Best Supporting Actor throughout his career. He only won once for his role on The Color of Money back in 1987. Other memorable films he starred on were: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Hustler, Hud, Cool Hand Luke, Absence of Malice, The Verdict, Nobody's Fool and Road to Perdition. He also received the Cecil B. DeMille Award from the Golden Globes on 1984 due to his contributions in films. Paul Newman was clearly a legend but not an actor I'm attached to so sorry to any fans out there.

Saving Adam Sandler

Eugene Levy

Eugene Levy (Creator) - TV Tropes

The homophobia of Eugene Levy being in this game but not Annie Murphy (or even Dan)! I'm jk though, Eugene has been around much longer than Annie and had a huge career in his own right even before Schitt's Creek became a thing. But the general public definitely knows this man best as the co-creator and star of the insanely popular and incredible show, Schitt's Creek. Eugene and his real-life son both star in it together as a father and son along with Catherine O'Hara and Annie Murphy, as the mother and daughter respectively, to create one of the most beloved comedy series families in years. Eugene plays Johnny Rose, the straight-man of the group, and he does a good enough job but he is easily my least favorite character of the four. I do absolutel love his marriage with Moira, they are so supportive of each other and super cute together even after all these years. Besides all his Emmy wins for the show, he's also a Grammy winner as of 2004. He's also known for his work in American Pie. Do I respect him a lot? Yes, but as an actor he's not a top favorite or anything so out he goes.

Save: Henry Winkler from that one episode of Law & Order SVU

Tina Fey

Tina-Fey-Annie-Leibovitz-Jan-2009.jpg

I was planning on cutting Tina Fey in the first round of the game but I think she got saved like right before I was planning on cutting her. Not that I dislike her, on the contrary I love her! However, I feel like she fits better with the auteurs who are more known for their writing, showrunning, directing, etc. than their acting talent like Donald Glover and Issa Rae who I cut earlier (count your days Phoebe Waller-Bridge :ph34rwave:). Not that Tina Fey, or anyone I listed, is a bad actor. When I think of Tina Fey, I think of her brilliant script for Mean Girls first as opposed to her acting skills. Or how she created one of the greatest sitcoms of all-time in 30 Rock. Tina Fey got her start as a brilliant performer in SNL during one of my favorite eras. She played many great characters throughout her tenure of the show, but of course she's most notable for her brilliant Sarah Palin portrayal which is still iconic to this day. When you think of a Tina Fey performance, you think of Sarah Palin or Liz Lemon, the main character of 30 Rock. I mean Fey wrote this part specifically for herself because she knew she would nail it, and that's exactly what she did. I don't want to take anything away from her performance because it's perfect, but it was also so easy. A lot of her film choices leave a lot to be desired, but that's okay. Tina Fey is here for us tv people!!!

Save Brian Tyree Henry

Halle Berry

Halle-Berry.jpg

Halle Berry is best known for playing Storm in the X-Men franchise along with being a Bond Girl. She was truly the queen of the 2000's! Along with that, she became the first WOC to win an Oscar for Lead Actress, and is still the only one to do that to this day yikes. Let's hope Michelle Yeoh can break that trend this upcoming year! Unfortunately the best of my film and tv knowledge is from the 2010's on and yeah...not much to talk about there. She's been in a looooot of flops such as Catwoman, New Year's Eve, Movie 43, Cloud Atlas, the list goes on. Even her Oscar winning performance in Monster's Ball, as great as she was, the movie sucks if we're being honest. I hate cutting her because I really love her and I think she's really funny and charming on twitter and interviews and stuff like that. But I just do not like her filmography. Hopefully we'll be having a Halle Berry comeback soon. Maybe some juicy miniseries for HBO or something idk I'm spitballing.

Save Gael García Bernal

John C. Reilly

John C. Reilly (Actor) - On This Day

A very multi-talented and accomplished actor, John C. Reilly is someone that I like but not super attached to but I know enough about him to talk about him for 100 words so THIS is why I'm cutting him. John C. Reilly to me is the guy who starred alongside Will Ferrell in Step Brothers and Talladega Nights. That's where I know him best from. But man, his filmography is extensive. Movies that I've seen him in include Boogie Nights, The Lobster, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and Guardians of the Galaxy. He also has his own band and his son is also a musician which is super cool. He looks very queer so I am into that. He got an Oscar nom for his work in Chicago and has also been in The Aviator and Gangs of New York, two Scorsese films. He's been on Broadway, in musicals, in HBO series, he's done it all. Again super talented and versatile but I'm fine with him leaving now.

Save: Adam Driver