Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

5 hours ago, Steven_ said:

It’s Friday, and the deadline is by the end of this weekend. I’ve only received rankings and the majority of write-ups from one ranker so far. Everyone will have everything turned in before Monday, right? :))

@Alex95 @#jeah @*Chris @FrogLenzen @.Rei @~Tom~

I was planning on getting this done before I went abroad and I didn’t so I don’t realistically know if I can get this done🙈 can we have till end of the day Wednesday maybe?

9 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I was planning on getting this done before I went abroad and I didn’t so I don’t realistically know if I can get this done🙈 can we have till end of the day Wednesday maybe?

Any chance you can send the rankings beforehand? And write-ups/comments of the people you believe will be ranked at the bottom? I plan to do two results post a day starting Monday. 

Remember you’re only required to have 100-word write-ups for your Top 10. The bottom 10 only require comments.

22 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Any chance you can send the rankings beforehand? And write-ups/comments of the people you believe will be ranked at the bottom? I plan to do two results post a day starting Monday. 

Remember you’re only required to have 100-word write-ups for your Top 10. The bottom 10 only require comments.

I can send rankings yes and I’ll try to do write ups intermittently 

I was curious when our top 20 each made it to the second half of the game. Surprisingly, not a lot of the earlier saves. Though obviously the saves were in a more strategic order than simply who we like the most.

Oscar Isaac - 13th Save - Andy

Charlize Theron - 15th Save - Andy

Josh O'Connor - 17th Save - Chris

Nicholas Hoult - 32nd Save - Tom

Kathryn Hahn - 36th Save - Alex

Ewan McGregor - 40th Save - Chris

Lisa Kudrow - 42nd Save - Andy

Bryan Cranston - 46th Save - Alex

Jake Gyllenhaal - 47th Save - Rei

Toni Collette - 53rd Save - Tom

Ethan Hawke - 62nd Save - Andy

Amy Adams - 63rd Save - Andy

Olivia Colman - 69th Save - Tom

Saoirse Ronan - 83rd Save - Chris

Sigourney Weaver - 90th Save - Tom

Viola Davis - 93rd Save - Tom

Julia Louis-Dreyfus - 95th Save - Rei

Colin Farrell - 127th Save - Alex

Andrew Garfield - 151st Save - Alex

Jessica Chastain - 161st Save - Chris

Andy - 5 Saves

Tom - 5 Saves

Chris - 4 Saves

Alex - 4 Saves

Rei - 2 Saves

Derek - 0 Saves

• Thanks 1

Reminder that today is the deadline. Hopefully I’ll have everything by tonight so I can start revealing results tomorrow. 

Two rankers sent me everything.

I have rankings and some write-ups/comments from two rankers.

I have rankings but no write-ups/comments from one ranker.

One ranker has sent me nothing.

2 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Two rankers sent me everything.

I have rankings and some write-ups/comments from two rankers.

I have rankings but no write-ups/comments from one ranker.

One ranker has sent me nothing.

if we guess all these correctly we should get extra points lmao

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Reminder that today is the deadline. Hopefully I’ll have everything by tonight so I can start revealing results tomorrow. 

Two rankers sent me everything. - Alex and Tom

I have rankings and some write-ups/comments from two rankers. - Rei and Derek

I have rankings but no write-ups/comments from one ranker. - Andy

One ranker has sent me nothing. -  Chris

is this right?

20. SIGOURNEY WEAVER

Sigourney-Weaver-Young-14.jpg?w=680

tumblr_oyr99dfdFe1r6ja9oo1_500.gif

TOM: 7

CHRIS: 14

DEREK: 16

REI: 18

ALEX: 20

ANDY: 20

TOM

I really wanted queen Sigourney in here for sci-fi representation in this top 20 and I am so glad it happened! Her signature role is Ellen Ripley in the Alien films, which are some of my favorite films from either the sci-fi or horror genre, but my favorite role of hers aside from that is the first role I saw her in, the eccentric Dian Fossey in Gorillas in the Mist. She had me enthralled with Dian's quest to find and protect her gorillas. The Ghostbuster films, Holes, Prayers for Bobby and Galaxy Quest are other roles I love her in. I can't go without mentioning her voice-over work as Kiri in the Avatar films, IDF's very favorite series, as well as Wall-E and Finding Dory! I love that she is one of the older female still steadily getting acting work also and she is not the traditional Hollywood beauty either. I doubt she places that high, but I'm just glad I got her here for diversity's sake!

CHRIS

Af4X.gif

Best known for her role as Ellen Ripley in the Alien series or as Dana Barrett in Ghostbusters, she has appeared in many movies such as Avatar, Gorillas in the Mist, Working Girl, Finding Dory and Wall-E. But personally speaking, my favourite role of hers is her portrayal of Elaine Barrish in Political Animals - an incredible mini-series that was made for yours truly.  There's no denying that Sigourney is a legendary actress, but out of this batch of actors, she ranks near the middle of the pack for me.

DEREK

Kind of a random inclusion but I don't have anything against her. She's a solid actress but never one that comes to mind for me when I think of the all-time greats

REI

I like Sigourney well enough but I wouldn't call her one of my favorite actress and for sure wouldn't have her in this Top 20. I believe I didn't nominate her because somebody sent me safety requests (was it Alex, was it Tom? I don't remember anymore). I think her most iconic role is probably that of Aliens, a film I want to believe that I watched when I was younger but then I don't have any memory about it so I might as well be one of the few people who hasn't watched an Alien film.

ALEX

Sigourney Weaver is probably the queen of sci-fi. There are few debut leading lady performances more iconic than Sigourney Weaver coming out of nowhere and taking the world by storm as Ellen Ripley in the Alien series. She also has Ghostbusters and Avatar under her belt? Move over ladies, Sigourney Weaver has a stranglehold over sci-fi lady roles! Unfortunately for her, I'm not a big sci-fi guy! Don't get me wrong, I love the occasional Arrival or Ex Machina. But more often than not, I'm not crazy about them. I have seen the first Alien movie, the first Ghostbusters, and both Avatar movies. Alien is obviously spectacular and she was fine in the other movies for the most part. Speaking of Avatar, Weaver playing her own daughter in the sequel? Weird creative choice. Not sure if I'm down with it.

Sigourney Weaver has three Oscar nominations for Aliens, Gorillas in the Mist, and Working Girl. Lol why did she receive a nomination for the Alien sequel and not the original? Of those I've seen Working Girl which is a fun movie. I was listening to a podcast the other day where Michael Urie called it the sexiest movie he's ever seen. I can't say I fully disagree!

Overall though, still not all that familiar with Sigourney. Growing up I'm probably most familiar with her as the villain in Holes. Other than Alien, my favorite performances from Weaver are probably in The Ice Storm and Political Animals. I've got nothing against Sigourney, just not as big on her as anyone else in this game.

ANDY

I enjoyed her in Avatar and of course she is known for her iconic turn in Alien. I like that she’s here for some sci-fi representation but I stan everyone else in at least one movie or show, so she is an easy last place for me unfortunately.

STEVEN

I did not submit rankings, but I'll post my thoughts on the Top 20 as they're revealed. Sigourney Weaver was kind of a surprising inclusion in this Top 20. I didn't realize she'd have the support to make it to the end, but I'm not bothered by her addition here. I'm unfortunately not too familiar with her body of work, but of course she's a recognizable name in Hollywood. Her most well-known role is Ellen Ripley in the Alien movies, but she has achieved a lot in her acting career throughout the decades. So, it's fair that she finds a place in the end of our game here.