The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

3 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Much like when Adam left, it’ll be weird to see someone other than Kelly sitting in chair #1.

i think it will leave a bigger void than the departure of Adam

• Like 3

Kelly being gone would mean they need to substitute for someone with a big personality. Blake’s got a relatively big one, John and Gwen are a bit more chill/reserved. The only other coaches we’ve had could fill that imo are JHud and Miley. And we know JHud’s a no…

Maybe a new coach? P!nk would be cool.

Just now, Someone648 said:

Kelly being gone would mean they need to substitute for someone with a big personality. Blake’s got a relatively big one, John and Gwen are a bit more chill/reserved. The only other coaches we’ve had could fill that imo are JHud and Miley. And we know JHud’s a no…

Maybe a new coach? P!nk would be cool.

Demi even?

does anyone know if kelly followed the instagram page of The Voice, John and Blake? if so, she unsubscribed, but that would seem weird to me

because jem128 made me notice this

John and the voice page i don't know, but it seems to me that she was following Blake

Edited by French20

1 minute ago, French20 said:

does anyone know if kelly followed the instagram page of The Voice, John and Blake? if so, she unsubscribed, but that would seem weird to me

She’s followed the same handful of people on instagram since she first made the account, and she doesn’t have access to any of her socials. So, I wouldn’t read into that. I don’t believe she ever followed any of them on there. Believe she does on twitter though. 

5 minutes ago, French20 said:

John and the voice page i don't know, but it seems to me that she was following Blake

Actually your right. Kelly did follow John and Blake on Instagram and not anymore at this minute.

So the only coach besides Usher and Alicia that can give Blake actual competition is probably leaving. Interesting.

If this is true, I'm gonna miss her enthusiasm and the progress her contestants made over the seasons, but I do like some unpredictability. 

I definitely expected John to leave before her. Not this season, but in the future.

• Like 2

Kelly has her kids 28 out of 30 days a month, so I can understand why she might want to spend the entire summer eating, drinking and staring at the Montana skyline. It will be such a bummer not having her on the show anymore though. Her personality, her dancing and the amazing gifs that come with her chaos will be missed. With Ellen’s show ending, I’m sure nbc is putting extra pressure on Kelly’s show to keep gaining ground in the daytime arena, so it may be time for her to just focus solely on her own show and cashing those big ass daytime checks. 

I hope they can replace her (if she in fact leaves) with someone who’s not afraid to take crap and give it back to Shelton. 

Just now, Beyoncheyyy said:

Kelly has her kids 28 out of 30 days a month, so I can understand why she might want to spend the entire summer eating, drinking and staring at the Montana skyline. It will be such a bummer not having her on the show anymore though. Her personality, her dancing and the amazing gifs that come with her chaos will be missed. With Ellen’s show ending, I’m sure nbc is putting extra pressure on Kelly’s show to keep gaining ground in the daytime arena, so it may be time for her to just focus solely on her own show and cashing those big ass daytime checks. 

I hope they can replace her (if she in fact leaves) with someone who’s not afraid to take crap and give it back to Shelton. 

The break is definitely well deserved. I just didn’t really expect her to take it. And agreed on her replacement. She will be hard to replace for sure. 

• Like 1

I mean, it makes perfect sense. She's clearly overworked, she's been all around NBC. So to spend time with her kids, she needed to cut ends on something.

And between her own talk show and a show where coaches rotate, the choice is obvious.

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Did Kelly follow the Voice, John, and/or Blake on Instagram? If so, she doesn’t anymore. 💀 

No she didn’t. She’s followed the same small amount of people forever. Her following count hasn’t changed in months. 

6 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

I don’t think so, I could swear she followed John and Blake as recent as a month ago.

She didn’t. She’s been at 34 since she followed Ariana last fall. She follows them on twitter, but she’s never followed them on insta. Her insta is almost solely her band mates and friends. 

2 minutes ago, Beyoncheyyy said:

She didn’t. She’s been at 34 since she followed Ariana last fall. She follows them on twitter, but she’s never followed them on insta. Her insta is almost solely her band mates and friends. 

I trust your judgment since you seem like a dedicated Kelly fan.  

• Like 1

I always loved watching Kelly get hyped up over peoples performances. She was so humble. She will be missed. But you can tell that she’s become less invested in the contestants over the past couple of seasons. Probably burn out. 

I really want Miley back if Kelly is leaving. 

Could imagine having Miley as well as Gwen. They’re different enough that it could work as someone to fill Kelly’s lane.

Not even mentioning we would get some really cool artists out of it. 

Bring back the only coach cool enough to have someone sing a Father John Misty song in the live shows!!!

• Like 1

All I know is that if we get a panel of Gwen-Nick-John-Blake, Blake's back would break from carrying the auditions. (I love Gwen as a coach, but she's not the most entertaining person).

They need someone to help him with that, and that can become his main rival.  First they had Adam, then Kelly. Miley could do this, but I doubt she has any interest on the show anymore.

So no clue.

Gwen doesn’t move the needle at all, but they’re bringing her back because they aren’t about to break the bank again, like they did to bring in Ariana. It also keeps Blake happy. If Kelly doesn’t come back, Blake’s odds of winning basically doubled. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Gwen doesn’t move the needle at all, but they’re bringing her back because they aren’t about to break the bank again, like they did to bring in Ariana. It also keeps Blake happy. If Kelly doesn’t come back, Blake’s odds of winning basically doubled. 

Pretty much. His biggest rival is gone. 

Unless the 4th coach is literally George Strait or one of the other three happen to get the right contestant with the right circumstances, he won´t have to move a finger at all, especially since he lost last season.

• Like 2