The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

3 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

I'll probably wait till his PO to make better judgement but I feel like maybe his approach to singing is just not the audience's cup of tea

He’s not an obvious winner like people thought he would be. I think he’ll be Top 3, but it’s still too early to tell who will win. Of course, it also depends how Holly and Grace do in future performances.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jay2567 said:

Changing the topic… Watching D.Smooth’s reactions (or lack of) is cackling me up like is he okay??? Is he breathing???? I wonder what’s going on in his mind.

He looked like he was being held hostage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

he was 

to elaborate: those contestants easily could’ve gone home to spend time with family, but instead they were there. for some contestants that might be nice to connect w their peers more but i can totally understand being discontent with being forced to be there.

i guess they wouldn’t get paid if they were sent home…

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 4

Just now, QueenCami said:

to elaborate: those contestants easily could’ve gone home to spend time with family, but instead they were there. for some contestants that might be nice to connect w their peers more but i can totally understand being discontent with being forced to be there.

i guess they wouldn’t get paid if they were sent home…

Good point.

Just now, Maxwell said:

I honestly wouldn't have had much of a reaction either if I was forced to stay, while missing out on an KO performance and a chance at meeting Reba.

LMAO, we posted almost the exact same thoughts back to back. 

• Haha 1

They didn’t get a chance to meet Reba? That suuuuucks. They really should have made them perform 4-way KO style at least, but without the danger of being eliminated. Then they could just montage ALI/Marcos or something to make room lmao.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

Just now, jem128 said:

MK said they did go home. My guess is they went home after battles and then came back right before KO filming and then went right into preparing for playoffs. 

That still sounds like such a hassle.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

I honestly wouldn't have had much of a reaction either if I was forced to stay, while missing out on a KO performance and a chance at meeting Reba.

I definitely like the PO pass less, after watching last night’s episode. Those four could have really delivered this round. I hope next season has 48 contestants again

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, notice how Ryley was the only one of the playoff passes who got a segment last night.

D.Smooth might get a segment next Monday night, since he and Ryley are the only two pass recipients in the Top 8.

1 hour ago, Maxwell said:

I honestly wouldn't have had much of a reaction either if I was forced to stay, while missing out on a KO performance and a chance at meeting Reba.

I feel like having connected so much with the contestants I would probably be excited to cheer them on but it would be tough to be there while someone is struggling :( it just adds more pressure on them.

That being said, it seems like we've only seem positive feedback from the playoffs pass recipients so far (though I haven't watched the episode yet).

thoughts:

- NOIVAS: messy vs. Tasha: strong, but a few mess-ups

- ALI: good opening, messy ending vs. Marcos: good opening, pitchy + messy ending

- Gina: best performance so far vs. Kate: thin high notes

- NariYella: not a solid song choice vs. Ray: nice tone, but easy song choice

- Kylee: beginning - middle was okay, ending was great vs. Walker: a 14 year old did better on this song a few seasons ago

- Cait: very strong, best of the (relatively weak) night vs. Kala good but messy / rushed at points

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, VanMoff said:

Guys, why are there so few KO uploaded on youtube? am I missing something?

I can only see Kylee, Ray, Gina, ALI, Tasha and NOIVAS.

Unfortunately, only the performances of knockout winners and contestants who were stolen were uploaded. In addition to the ones you mentioned, the video of Cait and Kala was leaked on April 14 and can be watched on The Voice YouTube.

Welcome to IDF!

Edited by RTV

11 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s interesting that Kaylee has significantly more Facebook views than NOIVAS and now more reacts too. Sure, NOIVAS has the better ratio, but still…

I do think his performance was better than hers, but I figured he’d be doing better than this with views this time. 

Kylee 265K/10.4K

NOIVAS 192K/10.3K

I’m not even suggesting this is terrible…just mediocre considering the hype around the performance. Comments are certainly very positive, but those are the people already viewing it, and liking it.  

Current stats:

Kylee 335K / 12K

NOIVAS 241K / 13K

But yeah, not as good as it should've.